1) There is no key combination on physical keyboard to toggle input languages (you need to use the touch keyboard, which, however, is also implemented incredibly bad right now - more on that below). Language switch combination needs to be: Left Shift+ Right Shift

2) In addition to language switching add these shortcuts to physical keyboard:

To cut highlighted text when typing, press ALT + BACKSPACE/DEL
    To copy highlighted text when typing, press ALT + Right SHIFT
    To paste highlighted text when typing, press ALT + ENTER

3) Implement swipe from left to right on virtual keyboard to toggle input languages just like swipe from right to left erases words. That will be the efficiency BlackBerry is known for!

4) Alternative to idea #3: add language switching key to virtual keyboard just like on BlackBerry 10. It should be like this: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...FJ1aGw2dXQ1Nlk
    Download and install the modified keyboard .apk to experience what I mean: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...EFYMGNIU0p5NDg

5) Implement into the OS or into the keyboard app advanced clipboard management like it's done in this awesome BB10 app called ClipMan: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en

6) Password Keeper is too long to login to! Very frustrating to enter that long password every time when I use it about 10 times a day. Add ability to assign a 4-digit PIN for quick login like it was possible on BB10.

7) Add ability to choose between Bright and Dark themes throughout BlackBerry Launcher, dial pad in Phone app and all other BlackBerry apps. This white Android screen is so blinding in the dark! Plus choosing the Dark theme would save battery life on Priv's AMOLED display.

8) Add Pinch Filter to HUB like on BB10 to filter messages by unread, snoozed, high priority, etc.

9) Add more Sound Profiles to match BB10: Normal, Phone calls only, Vibrate only, Silent, Meeting, Bedside.

10) Add Bedside mode to BlackBerry Launcher similar to BB10

11) Make the CENTER button between volume rockers programmable. Its potential is HUGE. Or at least make it similar to BB10: short press pauses and resumes any media that is currently playing, long press opens Google Now voice assistant.

12) Make a Swipe up from the bottom a default gesture to unlock Priv instead of double tap and swipe up.

13) Include that awesome text circle like on BlackBerry 10 that can be dragged OR pressed left, right, up, down to move cursor one character at a time and add optional magnifier to it for precision.
    Some of the readers may think I write about too many BB things I'd like to see on the Priv BUT THE TRUTH TO BE TOLD AND HEARD: ANDROID (as well as iOS) HAVE A LOT TO LEARN FROM BLACKBERRY 10 INNOVATION! That goes both ways in some aspects to be honest but here we're talking about improving the Priv. People who say they don't like BB10 system most likely never even tried it for a week. Many fans wish we had a BB10 version of the Priv but Android will have to do for now.

If you agree with the above please like this article, repost it, comment, add more useful ideas and forward the link to this page to BlackBerry directly: [email protected] and [email protected]

Thank you.
    Vitali
    BBM Channel PIN: C00219413
    Last edited by Vito B; 04-16-16 at 11:59 PM. Reason: some corrections
    01-21-16 11:19 PM
    I have never imagined myself saying this: Get a BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold, Vito B, ssbtech and 4 others like this.
    01-22-16 12:35 AM
    How about a Hub that actually works like a BB10 Hub?
    Or a speaker that doesn't sound like a mouse coughing?
    01-22-16 12:39 AM
    I still use BlackBerry Z30 as my main phone
    01-22-16 01:07 AM
    I still use BlackBerry Z30 as my main phone
    Me too. Can't find anything better.
    Vito B likes this.
    01-22-16 01:09 AM
    Same situation. I'd get a Passport for more RAM but on a hardware keyboard it's very inconvenient to type non-latin letters, plus only 3 word suggestions when typing. Hopefully BlackBerry makes some $ with Android and continues to develop BB10
    Last edited by Vito B; 01-22-16 at 07:28 AM.
    01-22-16 01:13 AM
    It's an android, you can just download apps to do all that, right?

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    01-22-16 01:58 AM
    It's an android, you can just download apps to do all that, right?
    Yup, of course. And since it's so customizable, it should be a piece of cake to make the hub work like BB10's hub!

Oh, wait... that "it's uber customizable" claim is full of crap.
    acovey likes this.
    01-22-16 02:05 AM
    a lot of what you mentioned here (like the sound profiles), you can download from the Play store. yeah I know, it sounds stupid to have to download separate apps for sound profile management of files management but that's one of the many details that made BB10 better than Android.

alas for reality :/

the one thing I will say that I wish BlackBerry would add / fix is being able to delete letters to the right of the cursor when you do ALT + backspace. it's the biggest thing I miss about going to Droidberry. I'm sure BlackBerry peeps can add that in in a future update yeah?

also yes, agree with the Hub functionality. it can absolutely improve more and be more like the BB10 hub. getting the email to properly fit the screen size AUTOMATICALLY is the biggest difference I saw between the BB10 hub (which was even on a smaller screen!) and the Priv Hub.

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    xxslxx likes this.
    01-22-16 03:02 AM
    Pinch to filter in hub is coming. Confirmed by BlackBerry on Twitter.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Vito B likes this.
    01-22-16 03:10 AM

the one thing I will say that I wish BlackBerry would add / fix is being able to delete letters to the right of the cursor when you do ALT + backspace.

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    You can already do that but with SHIFT + backspace on the Priv
    Vito B likes this.
    01-22-16 04:50 AM
    Pinch to filter in hub is coming. Confirmed by BlackBerry on Twitter.
    Good news
    01-22-16 06:46 AM
    13) Remove the silly Android buttons from the bottom of the screen and enable gestures from BB10 to control the system
    a) From the bottom of the screen up = Home, left - HUB
    b) Swipe from left to right = back

14) Display open apps on home screen or add them under a gesture

These two should be at least as an option. BB Launcher is cool, but these Android buttons are wasting place on the screen, especially when they're not necessary.
    Also they're annoying when typing text and using the suggestions, as the suggestions appear above these hilarious buttons.
    so crow, seletok and Vito B like this.
    01-22-16 05:54 PM
    I'll add the following:

- keyboard shortcut for screen brightness up and brightness down (useful when you're checking in for a flight and the reader won't read your on-screen boarding pass because it's not bright enough)

- alt-enter to send (avoids having to reach miles up to the top right-hand corner with your thumb)

- alt-delete to go back

Vito B likes this.
    01-22-16 06:17 PM
    P.S. you know the BlackBerry keyboard can be configured to be multi-language right?

01-22-16 06:18 PM
    Although I find your post very thoughtful in pointing out what you would like to see in BlackBerry's version of Android, I'm sure BlackBerry is working hard to not only bring over features, but also trying not to 'over do' it. I love BlackBerry 10 too and agree that it has considered every detail when it comes to mobile computing and communication, but...

This leaves me too wonder why people get the PRIV running Android secured by BlackBerry expecting BlackBerry 10 features throughout. I know it's nice to have the latest BlackBerry device, that's something I do. But, I couldn't expect BlackBerry's version of Android to be just like BlackBerry 10. In fact, it's very different. Obviously.

I'm very happy people are buying the PRIV, that's for sure (to support BlackBerry). On the same hand, BlackBerry 10 seems to meet your needs perfectly, so I hope you kept your BlackBerry 10 device(s).

Good post though, I understand what you're saying, and I hope BlackBerry can bring over more features. But the thing is, it will never be the same experience as BlackBerry 10.

Last edited by buckwylder; 01-23-16 at 12:59 AM.
    Vito B likes this.
    01-22-16 06:54 PM
    Over write the Android OS with BB10.
    will308 and Vito B like this.
    01-22-16 07:24 PM
    P.S. you know the BlackBerry keyboard can be configured to be multi-language right?
    You are right if we are talking about switching between English and Italian for example (both have almost the same alphabet). But when switching from English to Ukrainian for example you have to change keyboard layout.
    01-22-16 09:18 PM
    Is something wrong with people wanting this phone (Blackberry priv) to have more features like the bb10? cause every time I read a post of someone saying they would like to see something on this phone to make it better someone says get a Blackberry 10 or this is not a Blackberry 10 or this is a android phone cut the sh** out people want this phone for the apps,that's it, cause if not they (we) would have stayed with bb10 so we want the apps and bb10 is something wrong with that?

Posted via blackberry priv
    01-22-16 09:35 PM
    ...AND, let's not overlook that the priv isn't exactly offered at a bargain basement price.

From what I read here recently, tmo will ask $720 for this device, not $199.

When you charge up the wazoo for something, the customer has the right to expect the most.

Just sayin'

Posted via CB10
    Vito B likes this.
    01-22-16 11:05 PM
    I'll add the following:

- keyboard shortcut for screen brightness up and brightness down (useful when you're checking in for a flight and the reader won't read your on-screen boarding pass because it's not bright enough)

- alt-enter to send (avoids having to reach miles up to the top right-hand corner with your thumb)

- alt-delete to go back

You can already enable alt+Del as a key combination to go back

Just go into Settings - Accessibility - Click on 'Switch Access' service and enable it - then go into it's settings - then 'Assign Keys to Actions' -then select 'Back' and input your desired key combination for the Back button simulation (I indeed have it on Alt + Del).

Besides, there is much more you can do with the Action shortcuts, and that includes, for instance, assigning a different action for the 'mute' button as well
    jm1219 and Vito B like this.
    01-23-16 04:05 AM
    Great tips, thanks @nonamenomore

01-23-16 04:07 AM

1) There is no key combination on physical keyboard to toggle input languages (you need to use the touch keyboard, which, however, is also implemented incredibly bad right now - more on that below). Language switch combination needs to be: Left Shift+ Right Shift
    The BB keyboard supports multiple languages at the same time without the need to switch between them. Unless you use more than 3 languages at the same time, there's no need to switch.

5) Implement into the OS or into the keyboard app advanced clipboard management like it's done in this awesome BB10 app called ClipMan: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=US&lang=en
    Guess what, there are multiple awesome apps for Android to do this, too. E.g. Clipper.

6) Password Keeper is too long to login to! Very frustrating to enter that long password every time when I use it about 10 times a day. Add ability to assign a 4-digit PIN for quick login like it was possible on BB10.
    Get LastPass. They have the PIN entry, 2-factor-authentication and you can use all your passwords on your desktop PC, too.

​9) Add more Sound Profiles to match BB10: Normal, Phone calls only, Vibrate only, Silent, Meeting, Bedside.
    There are several apps available to accomplish this. No need to build this into the operating system.

10) Add Bedside mode to BlackBerry Launcher similar to BB10
    Read this: From the forums: Get as close as you can to Bedside Mode on the BlackBerry Priv | CrackBerry.com

My personal opinion: Coming from the Android world, I love the PRIV for what it is. Please don't mock with the Android OS to turn it into BB OS.
    01-23-16 06:19 AM
    Me too but I'll settle for 80% with all the Android apps which compensate.

Vito B likes this.
    01-23-16 07:18 AM
    A few people have mentioned app for sound profiles. Does anyone have suggestions on which in particular work best for someone wanting to replicate BB10 options?

For what it's worth, when I first picked up my Priv I too missed many features from my Z30.. But the more I use it the more I am coming to appreciate the customization options and integration of Android apps .. Lastpass is a far superior product to password keeper. Clipper+ is working out much better for me then Chipman did. The hub, while obviously in need of refinement (I get HUGE lag) shows promise and I think has the potential to be as good or better then on BB10. (The swipe to mark read or snooze option is fantastic!). Google now and the voice recognition of this thing is miles ahead of BlackBerry Assistant...

Overall I am really liking the device. While some BlackBerry features would be welcome improvements, I think in many cases people are just clinging to what they know rather then giving the android options a fair shot to impress them. Sound profiles are a particular pain point though...

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my BlackBerry Priv
    dave gomez, Sal1982 and Jonneh like this.
    01-23-16 08:45 AM
50 12