Just picked up a mint condition used Priv. I had no interest in the Priv at its $699.00 starting price but now pricing is getting really reasonable, especially in the used market.

Reading this Forum, I was really hesitant to pull the trigger even on a used Priv after reading so many horror stories but I have to say, I'm truly impressed so far. The Hub is super functional and not nearly as hobbled as some have made it out to be, the Blackberry touches are huge improvements to stock Android (but still keeping true to Google's vision) and battery life seems more than acceptable so far with impressive Standby drain. Even the build quality, which has been discussed ad nauseam, is more than acceptable to me.

Maybe I'm lucky because I waited long enough for lots of updates to be pushed through, including Android 6.0.1, but it seems Blackberry has really worked out the kinks with the device, enough so that I can't wait to start showing it off to my friends and family and hopefully get some excitement in the air for a unique device.
    07-27-16 10:02 PM
    Hello got my PRIV 2 weeks ago and agree with you. Really enjoy how good it's running under MM 6 and latest security build from July 5. A very impressive device!
    FF22, fanBBRY and Techno-guy like this.
    07-27-16 10:23 PM
    You have to consider the source when you read about phones here. BlackBerry people like to ***** about everything.

Priv is my favorite BlackBerry model so far and I've had them all (the ones with keyboards, anyway).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-28-16 12:08 AM
    I'm really happy with my Priv too!
    Just needed to get used to it at the start, but once it's done... love it!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Techno-guy likes this.
    07-28-16 02:25 AM
    Agreed!!! Just picked mine up last weekend and thus far, I really like the phone.

Techno-guy likes this.
    07-28-16 04:57 AM
    Had mine since the release day for Verizon. Happy with it besides the squeaky back. I'm getting new on when I go back to the states in sep. Crossing my fingers that there wont be any problems!

07-28-16 05:33 AM
    The Priv has been an excellent phone thus far. There are times when it gets really warm for no apparent reason but those occasions have been few and far between.

Overall the device has been pretty solid including battery life. Making the transition from my Z30 (still my favourite blackberry) and BlackBerry 10 somewhat painless.

Posted via the PrivZilla!
    andy957 likes this.
    07-28-16 06:04 AM
    I'll chime in here and say that a lot, if not most, of the complaints and frustrations posted here have come from people who seem to have unrealistic expectations of phones. Granted, there are some cases that are genuine, but those are pretty few and far between. I'd be willing to bet that anyone with a modicum of sense, and some reasonable experience with Android would find this to be a delightful phone, especially at the reasonable price point.
    Techno-guy, raremage, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    07-28-16 08:13 AM
    Enjoying mine as well. The only gripe I have with it is that it simply isn't as zippy as the other flagship products from this year. It's not really laggy, but it has somewhat choppy scrolling in a lot of apps, where the S7 is blazingly fast. Other than that it's a real workhorse and a pleasure to use
    Last edited by zipro; 07-28-16 at 12:19 PM.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-28-16 11:49 AM
    I picked mine up the release date and I think it's the best phone ever, my BlackBerry Priv is amazing..

From BlackBerryZ10 🔟� Passport or Priv, whichever I want to use that day.
    07-28-16 12:01 PM
    It is interesting that the happy threads languish and the complainer ones flourish. Hahaha. Human nature.

07-28-16 04:31 PM
    It is interesting that the happy threads languish and the complainer ones flourish. Hahaha. Human nature.

Well, not too often that happy, satisfied people feel the need to relate their stories, but when you feel wronged, you want the entire world to know, every time. Human nature, indeed.
    andy957 likes this.
    07-29-16 09:06 AM
    i've been using the PRIV for 3 months now and i have to say, the experience is beyond my expectations. i came from BB10 (long story behind) and i'm still rocking my white Passport alongside the PRIV and i have to say, the PRIV does MORE.

however, just need 1-2 more updates to really maximise the whole pack of this phone, particularly the 18MP camera, the 3GB RAM and the 3400 mAh battery and hopefully the Hub attachment picker like the one on BB10 in particular, as i'm really waiting for that to be included, that will save me a lot of time to attach files from other emails or even my cloud storages without having to open and switch windows/apps.
    07-29-16 07:19 PM
    I have had mine for 3 weeks hated the priv for the first 2 days was use to my Z10 for 3 years. Having a good time now very impressed, having trouble navigating the phone at times. Very different and familiar at the same time no complaints. I miss file manager nothing on the priv not sure what to do.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-16 07:38 PM
    I have had mine for 3 weeks hated the priv for the first 2 days was use to my Z10 for 3 years. Having a good time now very impressed, having trouble navigating the phone at times. Very different and familiar at the same time no complaints. I miss file manager nothing on the priv not sure what to do.
    Check out the Asus and Solid file managers. I've pretty much dumped any others.
    07-29-16 09:10 PM
    I just ordered one too. I cant wait to get it. What kind of battery life are you guys getting???

fanBBRY likes this.
    07-29-16 09:13 PM
    Hmm, I get through a whole day with medium use I would say? I get on average 3 to 3.5 hours screen on time. Pretty happy with that

artemis-kun likes this.
    08-03-16 05:30 AM