Yesterday I managed to get 6 hours of screen-on-time on my Priv. I had Bluetooth running all the time and I had an animated wallpaper going with screen brightness set at 50%.

Today, I noticed that I lost 8% of my battery in the first 30 minutes of use after I got up. Is this normal? Does the Priv do something CPU intensive when it comes off an overnight charge?
    01-03-16 10:18 AM
    Perhaps an unoptimized app you left open running rogue ? Try clearing all the apps from the multitask button or, better yet, a reboot.
    01-03-16 10:32 AM
    I cleared everything before I went to bed. I will monitor is closely over the next few days. I will reboot before I go to bed and see if that makes a difference in the morning.
    01-03-16 10:35 AM
    A lot of the Android users swear by a daily reboot. Shouldn't have to, but? If you wanna get what the winners get, do what the winners do.
    01-03-16 10:49 AM
    The absolute biggest thing that improved my battery life was this setting..

Immediate Battery Drain-7868.jpg

Before changing it i'd drop 20% while checking my overnight messages before getting out of bed in the morning.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Matt J likes this.
    01-03-16 11:54 AM
    The absolute biggest thing that improved my battery life was this setting..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7868.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	386470

Before changing it i'd drop 20% while checking my overnight messages before getting out of bed in the morning.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I will give it a try. Thanks!
    01-03-16 12:11 PM
    Go to Settings - Data usage and scroll up, it will show you exactly how much data an app is using.
    If an app is using data, it's using battery.
    01-03-16 12:26 PM
    Go to Settings - Data usage and scroll up, it will show you exactly how much data an app is using.
    If an app is using data, it's using battery.
    I'll grant you that if an app is using data it's using battery but the reverse is not true. Many things that use battery may not use any data at all.. Like say... the screen.

Luc | Community Moderator

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android using my BlackBerry Priv
    01-03-16 01:32 PM
    I'll grant you that if an app is using data it's using battery but the reverse is not true. Many things that use battery may not use any data at all.. Like say... the screen.
    No arguments there, with so many of us new to Android, like me, I figure it's a good idea to point out the less obvious. Even the stuff we know, we forget, cuz there's so much stuff tucked here and there.
    just_luc likes this.
    01-03-16 02:04 PM