Has anyone tried one of these for the priv? Just wondering how grippy they are. I ordered one since it was so cheap. I like that the buttons on the side are exposed. I think adding some thickness will be good too and flattening out the sides a bit where the back and front curves come to a flat point.

Here's a link...i ordered the black one. For BlackBerry Priv Genuine Imak Cowboy Matte Hard Case Back Skin Cover Shell | eBay
    01-18-17 08:18 PM
    Has anyone tried one of these for the priv? Just wondering how grippy they are. I ordered one since it was so cheap. I like that the buttons on the side are exposed. I think adding some thickness will be good too and flattening out the sides a bit where the back and front curves come to a flat point.

Here's a link...i ordered the black one. For BlackBerry Priv Genuine Imak Cowboy Matte Hard Case Back Skin Cover Shell | eBay
    I tried one but it is a bit slippery.
    01-18-17 08:45 PM

I have several of them for my Priv's - I love them, they are pretty grippy (feel almost like superfine sandpaper) but it makes the phone a lot easier to pickup off a desk and looks great (I've got both the blue and the black but I like the blue the best)
    Ecm likes this.
    01-18-17 08:47 PM
    I tried one but it is a bit slippery.
    Wow, Really?? I find them totally grippy and not slippery at all. Are you sure you got the genuine one or did you get a knock off?
    01-18-17 08:50 PM
    It's on my Priv. I've found the sandpapery finish to be very "grippy". A nice fit, and fairly slim. The only downside is that my black one lasted only about 7 months before it began to wear. I picked up a second, that has lasted better.

Feedback from anyone using the Imak Cowboy case?-20170119_024126327_ios.jpg
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-18-17 08:50 PM
    Also, I've tweaked the thread title for better exposure.
    01-18-17 09:17 PM
    I picked up a Tetded leather hardshell (simple case, not the flip case)in black about a month ago. Best one I've tried so far. Even better than oem. Simple, nice (real) leather feel, and slim fitting. Only two drawbacks are it's kind of pricey and non-compatible with USB dock. But wireless charging works great.
    01-18-17 09:37 PM
    Also, I've tweaked the thread title for better exposure.
    Thanks! Took me a second to find it cuz it was a different name. Lol

As for the knock offs I did see some other companies selling these with the imak pic but the name was something else. And in the "brand" section it said " generic" so I stayed away from those. I think they were labeled "scrub".

I've thought about talon grip rubberized (the stuff for guns) also but that won't thicken the edges. With that I could cut a little hole for the BlackBerry symbol on the back though.
    01-18-17 09:38 PM
    Thanks! Took me a second to find it cuz it was a different name. Lol

As for the knock offs I did see some other companies selling these with the imak pic but the name was something else. And in the "brand" section it said " generic" so I stayed away from those. I think they were labeled "scrub".

I've thought about talon grip rubberized (the stuff for guns) also but that won't thicken the edges. With that I could cut a little hole for the BlackBerry symbol on the back though.
    Please don't be turned off this case because I said it showed the wear. I've had a handful of cases for the Priv and this was my favourite. At that cost, a replacement or two is no big deal. And what price can you put on a case that makes your device so easy to grip, without it sliding out of your hand?
    01-18-17 09:41 PM
    Please don't be turned off this case because I said it showed the wear. I've had a handful of cases for the Priv and this was my favourite. At that cost, a replacement or two is no big deal. And what price can you put on a case that makes your device so easy to grip, without it sliding out of your hand?
    Not at all. I already bought it anyway. I may try a few others also to see what I like. I'd really love to go naked but it's really thin compared to previous BlackBerry's. I like the more square edges on the sides like the Q10.
    Last edited by erose75; 01-18-17 at 11:00 PM.
    01-18-17 09:45 PM