For two years I've complained about a lack of supported quality social apps on the BB10 and although we have had some fantastic independent develops filling the gap it would make sense to just go fully Android.

But one thing I would miss is the Hub but I am very intrigued to hear more about this Android Hub - another reason why I would go Android with BlackBerry.

I do hope BlackBerry continue making a locked down BB10 for businesses however. Just for us consumers I think it's best to be on Android.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and awirboy like this.
    08-15-15 09:06 AM
    Be prepared for the cb regulars to tell you that you "aren't the target market" and that "social media isn't for business".

This site is filled with people who just want a communication device. But many of them dislike social media as communication, which is fine. But no reason to yuck someone else's yum, we just want a device, that can handle some of the stuff that we want, with all of the other stuff that comes with having a blackberry
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-15-15 09:41 AM
    If BlackBerry want to make a statement that BB10 is for enterprise, then I would gladly buy it with going iOS. I had enough experience with Android apps that it becomes irrelevant for me to continue with Android. I have high "hopes" for the workflow of BB10-like-android be like more fluid, but battery consumption is just a downer using Android apps in BB10 and Android. I just can't see getting a day with Android unless you have power bank backup. Oh wait, iphones have more accessories to improve your experience with the phone. Yeah gotta migrate at the moment to a platform where the company "supports" its consumers. Kinda rant from me, but unless BlackBerry get their sh*t together that's where customers outside enterprise will see the support of BlackBerry to them.

Clickety-Clack via CB10
    08-15-15 09:54 AM
    Few blackberry users will jump ship to ios when they see this slider is running Android. Many android users (myself included) who miss using a smartphone with physical keys will flock to this blackberry slider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    08-15-15 12:23 PM
    Few blackberry users will jump ship to ios when they see this slider is running Android. Many android users (myself included) who miss using a smartphone with physical keys will flock to this blackberry slider.

Many as in a couple hundreds, maybe a couple thousands, on top of that the loss of their loyal fanbase.

Posted via CB10
    so crow likes this.
    08-15-15 02:17 PM
    Many as in a couple hundreds, maybe a couple thousands, on top of that the loss of their loyal fanbase.

Posted via CB10
    Must not be that loyal if their not open to what blackberry is attempting to do in order to stay relevant.

08-15-15 02:22 PM
    Remember loyal fan base has not gotten them out of the trouble they have been in for the longest time.Fan base or not it hasn't made any kind of significant difference in phone sales

Why is this difficult for many people to understand?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DJM626; 08-15-15 at 02:40 PM.
    08-15-15 02:24 PM
    for two years i've complained about a lack of supported quality social apps on the bb10 and although we have had some fantastic independent develops filling the gap it would make sense to just go fully android.

But one thing i would miss is the hub but i am very intrigued to hear more about this android hub - another reason why i would go android with blackberry.

I do hope blackberry continue making a locked down bb10 for businesses however. Just for us consumers i think it's best to be on android.

Posted via cb10

q10sqn100-3/10.3.2.2339
    08-15-15 03:14 PM
    As of right now, my thoughts are that if it runs Android, it's no longer a BlackBerry to me. But like you, I am annoyed with the lack of app support (Snapchat is my biggest gripe). Maybe once the slider is released with Android, I'll change my mind. I'm still enjoying BB10.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    08-15-15 03:30 PM
    Many said they would avoid Android like plague, yet many flock to the workarounds to get Google apps. How secure are those?
    Many wished that there's in built Google play services but we all know the limitations of OHA and the like. So why not give this device a chance if it delivers the much requested Google play store out of the box?

To me, it would still be a BlackBerry because of what it stands for: productivity. And that is NOT spending hours on crackberry to try to find workarounds to get apps others can get effortlessly.
    Some may laugh at Instagram but who's to say one can't run an e-commerce through that and other social platforms?
    I can't even get my banking apps without workaround -how is that productive?

I've seen many saying "oh if its Android, I'm gonna flock to Samsung, or the oneplus 2" but for what reason? Just sound pretty spiteful to me, and not like the other devices are really better alternatives. We don't know that yet until Venice is out.
    Best case: a wonderful productivity device, fasntastic physical and virtual keyboard, with better security than regular Android. Worse case: still productive but with the same seucrity flaws as the rest of the androids in the market.
    How is that worse than Samsung and the others? Don't condemn Venice before its even out when it cant even prove itself - make us more different from isheeps or whatever we call people who are fans of other platforms
    AdamThatsIt and app_Developer like this.
    08-15-15 04:18 PM
    They should let new blackberry phone to install both BB10 and android. Let the consumer install what they want or give them dual boot OS. You can make both party happy by providing this solution.
    08-15-15 04:22 PM
    They should let new blackberry phone to install both BB10 and android. Let the consumer install what they want or give them dual boot OS. You can make both party happy by providing this solution.
    It probably wouldn't have Play Services, which doesn't help.
    08-15-15 04:43 PM

You say that but the BBC just published a prominent photo of Samsung displaying a keyboard add-on which worries me. I have a feeling the Edge will have a classier feel than the slider.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33859952

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:55 PM
    You say that but the BBC just published a prominent photo of Samsung displaying a keyboard add-on which worries me. I have a feeling the Edge will have a classier feel than the slider.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33859952

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, this feels like an afterthought. If blackberry wasn't releasing the slider, I'd probably settle for this.

Oh not to mention the slider will have expandable storage. Neither the note 5 or s6 + have expandable storage

Last edited by MO3iusONE; 08-15-15 at 06:21 PM.
    08-15-15 06:05 PM
    Honestly, this feels like an afterthought. If blackberry wasn't releasing the slider, I'd probably settle for this.

Oh not to mention the slider will not have expandable storage. Neither the note 5 or s6 + have expandable storage

No expandable storage on Slider? Has there been mention of this? That's very unBlackBerry!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-15-15 06:17 PM
    No expandable storage on Slider? Has there been mention of this? That's very unBlackBerry!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Sorry that was a typo . I meant the note 5 and s6 plus will not have expandable storage.

08-15-15 06:21 PM
    Was starting to get a little nervous here!

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-15-15 06:44 PM
    For two years I've complained about a lack of supported quality social apps on the BB10 and although we have had some fantastic independent develops filling the gap it would make sense to just go fully Android.

But one thing I would miss is the Hub but I am very intrigued to hear more about this Android Hub - another reason why I would go Android with BlackBerry.

I do hope BlackBerry continue making a locked down BB10 for businesses however. Just for us consumers I think it's best to be on Android.

Posted via CB10
    From what I hear the Android BlackBerry phone will have the HUB, BBM and added security layered on stock Android. Who knows but a friend of a friend that works for BlackBerry mentioned that was the plan.

If it is that I'm likely in. I love BlackBerry 10 but if the things I love about it are combined with Android and Google play is mite just be the best possible phone period.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    08-15-15 07:21 PM
    Are. Sense Csaba. Zxcc

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 08:56 PM
    It's almost time!

*eats popcorn*

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 06:11 PM