I love my z10 but am tired of the app situation so asked Santa (the spouse) for a Priv for Christmas. But I'm reading about all these software bugs and hardware defects...is it just because people with problems are more vocal or is EVERYONE having problems? I'm not technically savvy (at all), so I need it to work well out of the box. If anyone is having a positive experience with their Priv, please speak up.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 08:59 PM
    I can't speak for the rest mines fine.. It's different from bb10 but with the same problems to me as other androids

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(870071) likes this.
    12-01-15 09:15 PM
    Every phone has bugs, apples releases are brutal. Get the Priv, I don't notice any bugs, get IT

eggman1987 and dietertong like this.
    12-01-15 09:16 PM
    Just be sure to update all your apps before you do anything else, search Google Play Store for BlackBerry Limited and update all native apps, disable those that you will not use and can't delete and be aware that after you're done setting it up is best to let it sit overnight while it does all the indexing of files and databases.

After just enjoy it.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    12-01-15 09:18 PM
    You should be scared, lol. You won't be able to put it down. Great device.

12-01-15 09:33 PM
    Love mine, no complaints here, remember how everyone complained about the Z10 and you still holding up to yours. Complainers are always more vocal to hide their inability to accept change.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on BlackBerry Priv from SBB
    mkiiw likes this.
    12-01-15 09:37 PM
    No worries fabulous experience so far but there is a bit of a learning curve just like when going from BBOS to BB10, you will enjoy the Priv

12-01-15 09:40 PM
    I love my z10 but am tired of the app situation so asked Santa (the spouse) for a Priv for Christmas. But I'm reading about all these software bugs and hardware defects...is it just because people with problems are more vocal or is EVERYONE having problems? I'm not technically savvy (at all), so I need it to work well out of the box. If anyone is having a positive experience with their Priv, please speak up.

Posted via CB10
    There's lots of good about the phone. I have been a BlackBerry user since o
    05. This is my first Android. I like the phone. The software isn't BB10. It's a good experience however.

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    12-01-15 09:44 PM
    You should be scared, those cramped keys, that 2MP front facing camera, the clicking of the screens, the buggy software. What a nightmare!

Edit: Just joking around here, no attacks pls.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 09:49 PM
    I've had mine since release day. No complaints. It is different than BB10, but as with most things, you get used to it quickly. Don't be scared.

12-01-15 09:53 PM
    I dont have buggy software and back of phone does not heat.

Physical keyboard is small. Virtual keyboard is great

Build quality is so-so. Back and sides of the phone is making creaking noise.it is annoying. It does not feel like a rock solid phone.

12-01-15 10:29 PM
    I have two Priv one for me and one for my son. We don't notice anything of lag or buggy. Everything so smooth. The only problem once awhile is it gets hot when watching video clips or play games. Physical keyboard board is smooth. DTEK app is the best of the best Android.
    Edrian Villa likes this.
    12-01-15 10:39 PM
    From replies I guess you better go to a shop and check it first.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Tab S 705Y
    12-01-15 10:46 PM
    I went from Z10 to Priv and haven't looked back. Priv is a gorgeous and useful device. Having all the apps you could ever want is great.
    12-01-15 10:51 PM
    I wouldn't be too worried. I don't have one but if I believed all of complaints I've heard on here, I'd expect every Passport to fall apart at the seams; screens just jumping right off the damn things. The Classic would be the most laggy unusable phone BlackBerry has ever made, and you can hardly type a word without double-typing every other letter on the Q10. Don't even get started about the Z10 - you're lucky if that thing even gets through the boot screen without the battery going down to 20 percent.

The Priv looks like a quality device. If you want to go with what the least people are complaining about, maybe you should try the Leap or the Q5. (I kid, I kid...)
    12-01-15 10:53 PM
    I got mine on launch day and love it. It really does take some time to sync and settle. (I wasn't ready for or used to this)
    And keep in mind, it's not blackberry. Android is a big jump and the blackberry flavoring needs a little work.
    But again, I love mine. And it's my first ever android phone

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    12-01-15 11:03 PM
    My Priv's hardware is perfect in every way. The software bugs (the very few that I have encountered) are slowly being ironed out with updates.

As you said, it is just a matter of people with problems being more vocal about them. I wouldn't worry about issues with your new Priv. And if you do have a problem, just take it back and exchange it for a new one.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    12-01-15 11:26 PM
    Don't be scared! Let's have a Priv party!

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    12-01-15 11:44 PM
    My new one has been good so far. I did return my first one DOA. Because of the battery. This one seems to be all good. No screen clicking on the left side of the screen either.

12-01-15 11:57 PM
    Day three on my Priv and I am liking the device so far, the software is only going to get better as time goes by.

Posted using my awesome BlackBerry Priv
    dietertong likes this.
    12-02-15 04:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Never going back to my Passport or Z30. Priv is awesome!

12-02-15 04:57 AM
    Just be sure to update all your apps before you do anything else, search Google Play Store for BlackBerry Limited and update all native apps, disable those that you will not use and can't delete and be aware that after you're done setting it up is best to let it sit overnight while it does all the indexing of files and databases.

After just enjoy it.

An easier way is to slide out the hamburger menu, hit "my apps", and then " update all "
    12-02-15 05:03 AM
    Never going back to my Passport or Z30. Priv is awesome!

I love my Priv, no lagging software or cracking noise, no heating issues after software update.

Took me about 2 weeks to get used to android and now I like it so much with all BlackBerry tweaks and very happy that what's up is going to be fully integrated with the HUB this month.

Monthly software updates is awesome and better than any other android phone vendors out there. Oh God I remember when I had my Samsung Galaxy s3, I think I got one or two updates over a period of a year and a half.

12-02-15 05:06 AM

After just enjoy it.

Lastly a few more things to consider as well!
    Remember to disable interval sync of your email accounts as they will be pushed automatically. Disable Gmail app as it will give you double notifications of your Gmail accounts. And then going into app disable uncheck the notifications box on the apps you don't need or require notifications. With the above info you are good to go.

Be patient as there will be a slight learning curve. Depending how adept you are at learning new things. Android is a bit different but once you get how to navigate and move from screen to screen and how the notifications pop up,it'll be a breeze.

I almost returned the first day but am soooo glad I kept with it. Love the device and it's a beast powerful and speedy.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-02-15 05:48 AM
    I'm a noob. What is hamburger menu??

12-02-15 06:26 AM
51 123