What must seller do to remove any impediment to my using the USED Priv without running up against some BlackBerry security misery or BlackBerry ID folderol?

Does the warranty of OG Priv carry with the device, in case?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 05:14 PM
    Do a factory re-set while you order a micro sim card to install
    03-28-16 05:37 PM
    If you also get the receipt, then the warranty would apply to whomever has the device and receipt, which could be you. Then I guess it would be geographical from there, like where did the Priv come from and where are you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-28-16 05:44 PM
    03-28-16 05:46 PM
    You mean nano sim.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 05:46 PM
    Good idea... tx

If you also get the receipt, then the warranty would apply to whomever has the device and receipt, which could be you. Then I guess it would be geographical from there, like where did the Priv come from and where are you.

03-28-16 05:47 PM
    You might want to check. In the past, at least, BB warranty went with the original purchaser.

Although, I did buy my Z10 and Z30 privately but new (folks upgraded but did not want them). And Verizon allowed me to pick up insurance on them.
    03-28-16 06:11 PM
    I'd at least get the receipt of proof of purchase when it comes to warranty, at least here in Germany BlackBerry has **** poor strict service anyways.
    Besides there isn't much to worry about. Of course you should make sure he deactivates any device locks or gives you the access so you can do it yourself. The phone itself isn't bound to any BBID anymore, I think your ID is only required for BBM.
    03-29-16 12:33 AM
    Nothing to stop the seller from filling a lost/stolen insurance claim a week or two after getting your money. Which would put your IMEI # on the stolen list, rendering it useless. Most people are honest, and if you had original receipts and bill of sale from orig owner you could prob get around that, (and get dishonest seller in trouble). But what a PIA.

If it's a carrier phone, the carriers warranty language would apply, not BlackBerrys. Other than that I don't know about warranty.
    And if it's a carrier phone, unlocked or not, using it on a different carrier could be problematic with updates.
    03-29-16 05:06 AM
    Have the seller remove all the Google account associated on the PRIV. Have him perform reset the device to Factory data. You can then set up your own Google account on the device. This way for any untrusted reset in the future, you will be keying your own Google account not his.

03-29-16 05:23 AM
    Have the seller remove all the Google account associated on the PRIV. Have him perform reset the device to Factory data. You can then set up your own Google account on the device. This way for any untrusted reset in the future, you will be keying your own Google account not his.

Good point, will factory reset do this? Or now that we have an autoloader, will it do it?
    03-29-16 05:29 AM
    Good point, will factory reset do this? Or now that we have an autoloader, will it do it?
    Loading the firmware is the best way of making sure that the phone is back to factory defaults. The next best is to perform a Factory data reset - and if want to make sure (but the reset should already address this) check the security settings that no prior lock codes are still in effect. And yes, get a copy of the receipt for warranty purposes.
    03-29-16 07:54 AM
    Fully restore the device. Make sure to get all original packaging and receipts. Also, if the device is tied to a carrier and was used for a brief amount of time on that carrier, make sure the persons selling you the device satisfied the requirements of the carrier, so you won't be stuck with a phone that is blacklisted.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 08:01 AM