Using the Priv now for more than one week, before I had a Passport & Z30.
    Priv is for sure a great device, however I'd love to see BlackBerry releasing OS 10 for Priv.....

cheers, mcne2001
    11-26-15 02:43 AM
    Wouldn't we all

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    ProjectBrett and Jrox74 like this.
    11-26-15 03:05 AM
    I wish I could boot the Priv with any OS like the Raspberry Pi.

I'd still choose Android, though, for the apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Priv
    11-26-15 03:11 AM
    Wouldn't we all

I hope BlackBerry is reading here.....
    11-26-15 03:22 AM
    Lol it won't happen, no SDK update = no BB10 Priv.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    11-26-15 03:26 AM
    BB10 with full android app support, Yes.
    But I will give a try to this one, Android app are not so good on my Passport
    11-26-15 03:53 AM
    If only Google and BlackBerry could strike a deal that made Google the owner of BB10, named it something else, put it on all of their phones, and gave BlackBerry a percentage of sales. That way the apps would run perfectly. They would also have BlackBerry create all updates, etc.

Surely Google knows that bb10 is better

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 05:07 AM
    Bbos on the priv? Which version? Os 7? 5?

Or are we talking qnx?
    11-26-15 05:12 AM
    BB10 with full android app support, Yes.
    But I will give a try to this one, Android app are not so good on my Passport
    Which method of getting Android apps on your Passport are you using and which apps do you have trouble with? I currently use Amazon and Cobalt's Play Store On my Z30 with great success for the apps I use, but am contemplating the jump to the Passport for speed and memory reasons.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 06:10 AM
    Which method of getting Android apps on your Passport are you using and which apps do you have trouble with? I currently use Amazon and Cobalt's Play Store On my Z30 with great success for the apps I use, but am contemplating the jump to the Passport for speed and memory reasons.

Posted via CB10
    I use Snap.
    Two different issues. One for bank app that need google services, so I can't install it, second for news application for wich I miss last 2 or 3 letters on each line.
    the second is not a deal bracker but the first don't help.
    I have other app that work perfectly with my passport.
    11-26-15 06:17 AM
    I use Snap.
    Two different issues. One for bank app that need google services, so I can't install it, second for news application for wich I miss last 2 or 3 letters on each line.
    the second is not a deal bracker but the first don't help.
    I have other app that work perfectly with my passport.

Thank God this life is finally behind me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Mr4aces and Gadget Fann like this.
    11-26-15 06:20 AM
    If only Google and BlackBerry could strike a deal that made Google the owner of BB10, named it something else, put it on all of their phones, and gave BlackBerry a percentage of sales. That way the apps would run perfectly. They would also have BlackBerry create all updates, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Why would Google be interested in a dead product while they are making tones of money on Android already?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 06:27 AM
    I don't think a day goes by where a new thread of exactly the same title is created.

I think moving to Android was the best option for them, personally. Might not be the best option for thosw who like BB10, but it's like flogging a dead horse.
    Gadget Fann likes this.
    11-26-15 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not completely true. I did same with Play Store but Apps like NHL, SPG, Vivino, any family location app can no longer be patched effectively. They will crash , severely lag or not open at all even after patching. Google Play Services is becoming more and more integrated into most apps and can no longer be patched...
    Most APKs lag on Z30 compared to how they are on Priv
    Love BB10 OS but not without perfectly working apps. You should not have to have workarounds to get them.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-26-15 06:56 AM
    Thank goodness I no longer have to deal with snap or play store work arounds that crash every time there's an android App update. And also App compatibility issues from operating in a runtime environment that never gets updated.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 06:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    This would have been a great solution but only way it would work is Google buying them outright. Which may happen someday.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-26-15 07:00 AM
    Wouldn't we all

Nope...

I don't think a day goes by where a new thread of exactly the same title is created.

I think moving to Android was the best option for them, personally. Might not be the best option for thosw who like BB10, but it's like flogging a dead horse.
    Yup..
    11-26-15 07:02 AM