How can you not mind. Blackberry released the Priv for the whopping price of 750$ and they promised two years of updates. That means the priv should actually get the new Android O that is coming soon. I dont understand how people can forgive Blackberry so easily if they cant even keep up with their words. If Blackberry cares at least a little about vustomers it should atttt leaasst communicate with us telling sorry guys but we wont update the priv past marshmallow. That is the least they have to do. Instead Blackberry plays the no communication at all card which greatly hurts their credibility and brand image. Not to forget that right now they arent part of the big players anymore but they still act like they are. This company turned to **** honnestly.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-17 11:27 AM
    Also if Blackberry actually kept their word from the beginning we would right now have the android O beta os for us to test but here we are on marshmallow getting security patches late than ever and still speculating about Nougat that is soon getting replaced by a newer version
    FF22 likes this.
    05-16-17 11:30 AM
    they promised two years of updates.
    Technically, "updates" means minor fixes and patches while a new Android version would be an "upgrade". Just sayin'.
    Wezard likes this.
    05-17-17 04:50 PM
    How can you not mind. Blackberry released the Priv for the whopping price of 750$ and they promised two years of updates. That means the priv should actually get the new Android O that is coming soon. I dont understand how people can forgive Blackberry so easily if they cant even keep up with their words. If Blackberry cares at least a little about vustomers it should atttt leaasst communicate with us telling sorry guys but we wont update the priv past marshmallow. That is the least they have to do. Instead Blackberry plays the no communication at all card which greatly hurts their credibility and brand image. Not to forget that right now they arent part of the big players anymore but they still act like they are. This company turned to **** honnestly.
    Show me an article where they used the word promise.
    05-17-17 05:02 PM
    Remember there is a world of difference between and update and an upgrade. We have been getting regular security updates on a monthly basis since the Priv was released. We had one major upgrade about six months after the Priv was released when it got Marshmallow.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-18-17 01:57 PM
    Remember there is a world of difference between and update and an upgrade. We have been getting regular security updates on a monthly basis since the Priv was released. We had one major upgrade about six months after the Priv was released when it got Marshmallow.
    As far as I'm concerned since the Priv runs android the updates should come automatically from Google and not be dependant on the manufacturer of the phone.

Just like how microsoft releases updates for windows, doesn't matter who makes the computer.
    05-19-17 12:54 AM
    As far as I'm concerned since the Priv runs android the updates should come automatically from Google and not be dependant on the manufacturer of the phone.

Just like how microsoft releases updates for windows, doesn't matter who makes the computer.
    I believe that's what Google has planned for android O. http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/w...tes-fragmented
    05-19-17 07:07 AM
    If Nougat kills the three swipe shortcuts, I'm good with Marshmallow.
    05-19-17 10:48 AM
    Technically, "updates" means minor fixes and patches while a new Android version would be an "upgrade". Just sayin'.
    I really like the concept of Android Go and running Android 'O' on the Priv would do wonders for battery life and performance improvement. 😃 a lot of awesome things came out of Google I/O

I truly belive the Priv will get Android 'O' especially since its so power efficient and would be a very good OS to leave the Priv & DTEK50 on. While Nougat is great, it's kind of in-between their transformation of the OS.

So I would say, either stay on Marshmallow or go all the way to 'Oreo' 😃
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-19-17 02:13 PM
    At this point I'd rather have blackberry just skip right to "O"

Marshmallow, despite it's flaws, is more than serviceable on the Priv and I feel that Project Treble offers alot more for the Priv then the short term benefit of having Nougat on it.
    Last edited by Pokepal148; 05-21-17 at 03:40 PM.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-21-17 01:48 PM
    At this point I'd rather have blackberry just skip right to "O"

Marshmallow, despite it's flaws, is more than serviceable on the Priv and I feel that Project Treble offers alot more for the Priv then the short term benefit of having Nougat on it.
    The only phone that gets Project Treble without shipping with O is the Pixel. The Priv won't make use of it even if it gets O.

https://bgr.com/2017/05/19/google-pi...roject-treble/
    05-21-17 04:25 PM
    The only phone that gets Project Treble without shipping with O is the Pixel. The Priv won't make use of it even if it gets O.

https://bgr.com/2017/05/19/google-pi...roject-treble/
    That's disappointing to hear, but whatever. Just give us nougat or oreo with the pointer mode and another year of security updates and I think most users would be satisfied with that right?
    05-21-17 10:57 PM
37 12