I believe if you look at the renders you'll see the android OS running of course, however if you look closely you'll see some apps on the home screen have a little suitcase logo in the one corner(Webex and canada post). I propose that I believe these to be BB10 apps, that will run in a container when opened much like the BB10 android run time. Perhaps what we're seeing here is the reverse runtime scenario for this slider.

I think i've figured it out.-maxresdefault-3-.jpg

Z30 (10.3.1)
    08-20-15 03:36 PM
    Those look like Google Android for Work icons:
    "All apps installed as part of Apps for Work have a tiny suitcase like icon at their bottom right corner that helps users identify and control their apps at one place."
    Productivity on the Move: Google Launches Android for Work - Best Android Apps
    Attached Thumbnails I think i've figured it out.-google-apps-work.jpg  
    08-20-15 03:55 PM
    "All apps installed as part of Apps for Work have a tiny suitcase like icon at their bottom right corner that helps users identify and control their apps at one place."
    Could be the same for BB10 apps as identified as secure apps on the android system. Both are third party, and both are bb10 apps.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    08-20-15 03:59 PM
    Oh.....Well......back to the drawing board..........
    08-20-15 04:01 PM
    Could be the same for BB10 apps as identified as secure apps on the android system. Both are third party, and both are bb10 apps.
    And both are Android apps, so more likely to simply be part of Google Android for Work.
    08-20-15 05:16 PM
    I really doubt they'd use the Apps for Work identifier for BB10 apps. Moreover, the point of having Android apps work on BB10 was that developers didn't get on board with the platform. I don't see the benefit to having BB10 compatibility on Android when there are so few worthwhile apps. Even then, the good apps have better supported counterparts on Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:19 PM
    And both are Android apps, so more likely to simply be part of Google Android for Work.
    I guess we shall see. Its like blaze said way back. What if blackberry could run android and run bb10 in a runtime.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    08-20-15 05:36 PM
    I guess we shall see. Its like blaze said way back. What if blackberry could run android and run bb10 in a runtime.

Z30 (10.3.1)
    But what would be the benefit of that?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:43 PM
    But what would be the benefit of that?

Posted via CB10
    BB10 can have apps like Blend and, if Thor and Mike had their way, do things like distributed computing. BB10 apps should therefore be better than Android apps. But, the theory meets a difficult reality in that BlackBerry pretty much abandoned BB10 ecosystem development after Chen arrived. Hard to build a platform with higher quality apps if... you don't even try. Also, new APIs and cool stuff just stalled. Chen either didn't get it OR just sucks at building platforms.

But, I'd want to run some of my Nemory apps and BlackBerry Express and Blend and such on the slider...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 05:53 PM
    What Bla1ze is saying now though is to forget about the Hypervisor, think Android Slider, and he's down playing a BB10 version of the Slider.
    08-20-15 05:57 PM
    Yep. much like Samsung's Knox.
    08-23-15 02:11 PM
    I still think this may be right. Haha

Z30 (10.3.1)
    08-31-15 07:19 PM