So I've had the Priv on Tmobile for a week now and I've had nothing but problems. Switched from the ATT passport because the new prices for contracts are way cheaper, but this phone is so buggy I can't even use it. I use headphones to talk and it constantly disconnects phone calls. And the hub doesn't refresh notifications if I delete them in the apps. I'm also not a fan of the way the android system works on this phone. It's smooth running and has great battery life, but the app integration seems very sloppy at best. As a painting contractor I'm always talking on the phone and searching emails for price quotes and buildings plans and copying information from texts and it seems to me like it's an incredibly arduous taste having to constantly switch between apps instead of just being able to swipe through things like on bb10. Maybe I just don't know how to set the phone up properly but it seems like a serious downgrade in streamlined efficiency from a true BlackBerry.

My one question to all of you is, do I go back to a Classic as that's the only phone Tmobile offers, or do I get a Galaxy S7?

I only have another week to switch phones and I don't want to depend on Marshmallow to improve it and find out nothing significant is changed.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-18-16 01:59 PM
    So I've had the Priv on Tmobile for a week now and I've had nothing but problems. Switched from the ATT passport because the new prices for contracts are way cheaper, but this phone is so buggy I can't even use it. I use headphones to talk and it constantly disconnects phone calls. And the hub doesn't refresh notifications if I delete them in the apps. I'm also not a fan of the way the android system works on this phone. It's smooth running and has great battery life, but the app integration seems very sloppy at best. As a painting contractor I'm always talking on the phone and searching emails for price quotes and buildings plans and copying information from texts and it seems to me like it's an incredibly arduous taste having to constantly switch between apps instead of just being able to swipe through things like on bb10. Maybe I just don't know how to set the phone up properly but it seems like a serious downgrade in streamlined efficiency from a true BlackBerry.

My one question to all of you is, do I go back to a Classic as that's the only phone Tmobile offers, or do I get a Galaxy S7?

I only have another week to switch phones and I don't want to depend on Marshmallow to improve it and find out nothing significant is changed.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Just as many complaints about s7 on Android Central. Maybe you should wait till Marshmallow upgrade in a couple of weeks. Samsung as far as productivity goes will be worse than Priv.
    So go back to BB10. Or stay with Priv until at least the MM update.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-18-16 02:06 PM
    Did you have to give back the Passport? If not, why not use that?

Posted via The Priv on CB app
    04-18-16 02:17 PM
    Unfortunately I traded the passport because I still owed on my att bill. I switched to tmobile because even with a new phone installment payment my bill is still $40 cheaper a month than at att and I get more data.

Don't get me wrong. The Priv is an extremely nice phone. I enjoy having apps though they aren't a real sticking point. It's just the fundamental things that don't work that real kill it. My biggest issue is definitely the calls being disconnected. And it's not due to poor service or going out of WiFi range. It literally just hangs up calls randomly, which is never good being self employed. I also find it incredibly difficult to copy addresses and phone numbers. And I don't know if that's specific to priv or if it's an android thing.

I appreciate your feedback guys.

04-18-16 02:45 PM
    You're experiencing BB10 withdrawal. Things are more easy on BB10 but as it looks BB10 has no future. Priv is great just has to learn android. First things first, Check and install any OS update pending, then update all BlackBerry Apps, PlayStore won't notify you of updates on the beginning, use search by typing BlackBerry the updates will appear. Do all the updates reboot and learn by using it. M is really good and fixes the things people are complaining also has some features that resemble BB10 way to do things. If I were you ill stick with the Priv.

04-18-16 02:56 PM
    Your possible choice between S7 and Classic is odd given that, I think, most of your issues/complaints are probably Android and the S7 wouldn't change that.

I definitely miss, what I'd call, Active Frames and being able to switch between app smoothly.

Are your headphones, BT or wired? In any event, sever the link and then RE-pair, if BT. If wired, they worked with your Passport? Or it could be defective. There is free phone support for one year.

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067

[email protected] They will give you feedback.

Welcome - United States
    04-18-16 04:05 PM
    Just as many complaints about s7 on Android Central. Maybe you should wait till Marshmallow upgrade in a couple of weeks. Samsung as far as productivity goes will be worse than Priv.
    So go back to BB10. Or stay with Priv until at least the MM update.

S7 has mm

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    04-18-16 04:52 PM
    S7 has mm

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    So do I on Priv. Copy and paste is now like it is on BlackBerry 10. All Priv owners will have MM in 2-4 weeks.

04-18-16 05:01 PM
    All the problems you have will still be on the S7 as it runs android too think you should stick with the priv and wait for MM update

04-18-16 05:20 PM
    Unfortunately I traded the passport because I still owed on my att bill. I switched to tmobile because even with a new phone installment payment my bill is still $40 cheaper a month than at att and I get more data.

Don't get me wrong. The Priv is an extremely nice phone. I enjoy having apps though they aren't a real sticking point. It's just the fundamental things that don't work that real kill it. My biggest issue is definitely the calls being disconnected. And it's not due to poor service or going out of WiFi range. It literally just hangs up calls randomly, which is never good being self employed. I also find it incredibly difficult to copy addresses and phone numbers. And I don't know if that's specific to priv or if it's an android thing.

I appreciate your feedback guys.

If your biggest issue is calls being disconnected, then it sounds like you have a defective phone. You could either exchange it for another Priv to see if that's any better, or return it and wait until the Priv gets the Marshmallow update.
    As for your interest in the S7. That won't resolve your issue if you don't like Android. I have the S7 and love it. But Android isn't for everyone.
    You're coming from BB10, and there's a learning curve to Android.
    What is it that you find difficult copying addresses and phone numbers? I'm trying to help.
    04-18-16 06:56 PM
    I have both the T-Mobile Priv as well as the T-Mobile Classic... While call clarity is FAR better on the Classic (I'd dare to say 'outstanding' in fact as the Classic delivers robust call clarity in a magnificent way...) vs most other devices I've used, including the Priv, I feel as though the general consensus to your post applies in that I feel you have, perhaps, received a defect... While T-Mobile's network is abysmal compared to ATT (most noticeably in rural areas and suburban outskirts) my Priv does not drop calls any more or less than my Classic... However, when using WiFi Calling, the Priv DOES tend to 'disconnect' from WFC and drop calls for more often than the Classic... Otherwise, when running on T-Mobile's network, this is not an experience I have personally had...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 07:04 PM
    So do I on Priv. Copy and paste is now like it is on BlackBerry 10. All Priv owners will have MM in 2-4 weeks.

Could you please forward that Memo to Verizon!!!!
    04-18-16 09:05 PM
    Your problem is with Android not the Priv. You'll have the same problem with the S7.

That said, I find it very easy to navigate copy and paste between apps on Android. I think you just need to practice.

04-19-16 04:49 AM

Thanks,
    Ryan

I have a Priv and a Passport. I won't use anything other than the Passport for work. For the reasons you outlined.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    04-19-16 01:30 PM
    I flashed my phone. Got rid of all the errors. Try it. You won't be dissapointed.

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the T-Mobile Network
    04-19-16 02:18 PM
    With my Z10, I "settled" and waited past my return window for some magical update that would improve my Z10...... it did get better, but it never reached the greatness we had been promised.

OP if you aren't happy now, don't wait on some software update that may or may not address your issues. But make sure it that your aren't just needed to spend a little more time learning a new OS and new UI. Going back to the Classic might be a good short term fix... but eventually you'll have to move on from BB10, regardless of how accustomed you have gotten to using it.
    04-19-16 03:44 PM
    If I were you I would switch to iPhone, it holds its value. When BlackBerry release the two new android phones you can switch back if they worth the time and money.

I'm happy with my Priv my only complain is its heavy and BIG . I'm looking for something a little lighter and smaller like z30 . A phone that you can hold with one hand.

I love BlackBerry virtual keyboard, I rarely use physical keyboard.

04-19-16 04:10 PM
    id stick to the classic if it does everything you need it to or an iphone se.
    04-19-16 04:18 PM
    To answer your question, get the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 05:24 PM
    If I were you I would switch to iPhone, it holds its value. When BlackBerry release the two new android phones you can switch back if they worth the time and money.

I'm happy with my Priv my only complain is its heavy and BIG . I'm looking for something a little lighter and smaller like z30 . A phone that you can hold with one hand.

I love BlackBerry virtual keyboard, I rarely use physical keyboard.

That is my concern about the Priv is the weight and size. I have very small hands and the Priv is bigger and much heavier than my S7. I'll know in the weekend when I get my Priv if it works out for me. I really want to support BlackBerry and I have since the Curve days. My Bold 9000 still works!
    04-19-16 06:44 PM
    I think you need more time with the Priv. I have adapted but it took some time.

FF22 likes this.
    04-20-16 04:45 AM

Thanks,
    Ryan

Hi

Just get nova launcher pro. It allows for all different swiping gestures.

Oe app called all in one gestures it is free. You can set up hub to swipe same way as on blackberry 10.

I do agree with previous comments that going to s7 will not fix your complaints as these are android complaints.
    04-20-16 05:42 AM
    Hi

Just get nova launcher pro. It allows for all different swiping gestures.

Oe app called all in one gestures it is free. You can set up hub to swipe same way as on blackberry 10.

I do agree with previous comments that going to s7 will not fix your complaints as these are android complaints.
    Wow, that "All in One Gestures" sure asks for a ton of Permissions.
    04-20-16 09:13 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, att devices work with tmo. Or Get a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 10:04 AM
    Wow, that "All in One Gestures" sure asks for a ton of Permissions.
    I use nova launcher myself. I do not pay attention to permissions
    04-21-16 06:54 AM