Hello everybody. I just dropped my priv and the screen protector got cracked. Thank god the screen on the priv is good. Now I will order a new one but im worried these days until I get the new one for the screen. It is the priv screen scratch proof from tiny scratches like coins or keys?
    01-20-17 02:22 AM
    Search for YouTube video jerryrig BlackBerry priv and see the test

Posted via CB10
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    01-20-17 02:39 AM
    I keep my Priv away from my keys. I have no screen protector ( they get bubbles and peal) but have a flip case. I did get some tiny scratches from a fluke fall of my Priv where the case flipped open as it fell onto a hard floor and slid a ways. Only I know where they are. They serve as a reminder to be careful.
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    01-20-17 02:59 AM
    Search for YouTube video jerryrig BlackBerry priv and see the test

Posted via CB10
    Thanks
    01-20-17 03:00 AM
    It is just like any others flagship smartphone from that era.

Good enough for the most part but still getting scratched and cracked if dropped.

I would still get a display protection since the screen is so big and exposed on the phone
    01-20-17 07:36 AM
    Hello everybody. I just dropped my priv and the screen protector got cracked. Thank god the screen on the priv is good. Now I will order a new one but im worried these days until I get the new one for the screen. It is the priv screen scratch proof from tiny scratches like coins or keys?
    I'd guess it is somewhat scratch resistant but not scratch-proof.

I thought I saw a thread yesterday or day before where someone mentioned theirs got scratched.
    01-20-17 09:03 AM
    It's Gorilla Glass 4 which means that it pretty much takes some effort to scratch. Keys in your pocket with your phone isn't going to do it.
    01-20-17 11:37 AM
    My original Priv that I purchased on Nov 6 of 2015 does not have even a hairline scratch on it (I don't use screen protectors or flip covers). The funny thing is I don't baby the Priv like I do my Nexus 6p, Pixel & Samsung G7E but upon close examination under the right lighting the Nexus & the S7E had tiny hair line scratches on the screen. And these are phones that I rarely even take out of the house. I'd probably be more worried about the camera lens than the actual screen myself.
    01-21-17 02:50 AM
    I find the original flip case has the best "otter box" 'like' protection.

The case acts as a screen protector for when I have undoubtedly closed my phone on my trunk, I can still see the indent on the leather as proof.
    01-21-17 04:50 AM
    I dropped my Priv a while back, on gravel, face down. I was scared to pick it up. When I did, I only had two faint scratch marks on it, that are maybe 2-3mm each. Annoyed at myself for doing it, but impressed at how well the screen is, considering it was dropped from about 1.5m
    01-21-17 05:11 AM
    I find the original flip case has the best "otter box" 'like' protection.

The case acts as a screen protector for when I have undoubtedly closed my phone on my trunk, I can still see the indent on the leather as proof.
    I would say that the Stillgut case with the catch offers more protection. The Blackberry case has no catch and has a small window that exposes a small section of screen. I went with the Stillgut.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-17 03:21 PM
    On my fourth month with my Priv and still without any scratch, but I do remember reading many posts about scratches from mishaps, so clearly, while the Priv's screen is not totally scratch proof, the screen is very robust.

I try to always keep my Priv alone is my left front pocket.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 07:42 AM
    No screen is scratch proof. It is resistant to scratches, but you can scratch it. My screen has had 3D tempered glass on it and now it is running without the protector. I have had it since May of last year. I usually carry it au natural, but sometimes carry it in a Seido surface case. I take my phone everywhere and so far, no scratches.

Like most BlackBerry phones, the Priv is very well made. It is made to be used, and to still look sharp.
    01-28-17 09:50 AM
    Why risk damaging an expensive phone. Go all out for protection, use the BlackBerry smart case for example, and tempered glass screen protectors.
    01-29-17 05:58 AM