I need a BlackBerry Pictures app badly!!! I need to be able sort my pics by date and "hide" ones you don't want seen!!

Posted via CB10 for my sexy Priv
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    05-26-16 03:16 PM
    Have you tried anything in the Play Store? Piktures works for me.
    ProjectBrett and DarkJoker33 like this.
    05-26-16 03:18 PM
    Hiding something from your girlfriend huh? Lol
    05-26-16 03:19 PM
    i've been using QuickPic for years.
    05-26-16 03:21 PM
    Pikture

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-26-16 03:26 PM
    I need a BlackBerry Pictures app badly!!! I need to be able sort my pics by date and "hide" ones you don't want seen!!

Private Photo Vault
    05-26-16 03:28 PM
    Hiding something from your girlfriend huh? Lol
    Lol, nah just want to hide any sensitive pics from anyone else that might be standing next to me while I'm looking through my pics or if I'm looking through the pics to attach one..etc. Not hiding anything from my wife, she has a Classic and knows exactly how to "unhide" them lol

05-26-16 03:58 PM
    Piktures is so buggy and slow for me

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-26-16 04:06 PM
    F-Stop is the way to go.
    05-26-16 04:10 PM
    Piktures for me

05-26-16 04:22 PM
    F-Stop is the way to go.
    Would you know the difference between F-Stop and Piktures?

05-26-16 04:28 PM
    I use Cyanogen Gallery in place of the stock Google Gallery (Love it! Clean, organized, light and simple and YES organizes by date) and I don't hide my images, but if I would want to do so, I'd probably use a file manager such as Amaze...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-26-16 at 09:00 PM.
    05-26-16 07:20 PM
    I want a stock gallery app too nothing beats home made blackberry apps I've tried them all also a file manager!

05-26-16 07:49 PM
    I want a stock gallery app too nothing beats home made blackberry apps I've tried them all also a file manager!

100% agree here... I have always favored the fluid interactions of well-integrated native apps baked into the OS (manufacturer specific, to me Google IS a 3rd party) over a robust selection of random 3rd party apps... Marshmallow's File Manager, while inconvenient and awkward, makes that a little more dealable, but it definitely isn't BlackBerry's File Manager and Google's Gallery is flaccid all around for me... I keep hoping one day I'll install an OS update for the Priv and be greeted by the gift of a BlackBerry Gallery and File Manager... Until that day comes, however, I make due with what I can...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 08:02 PM
    100% agree here... I have always favored the fluid interactions of well-integrated native apps baked into the OS (manufacturer specific, to me Google IS a 3rd party) over a robust selection of random 3rd party apps... Marshmallow's File Manager, while inconvenient and awkward, makes that a little more dealable, but it definitely isn't BlackBerry's File Manager and Google's Gallery is flaccid all around for me... I keep hoping one day I'll install an OS update for the Priv and be greeted by the gift of a BlackBerry Gallery and File Manager... Until that day comes, however, I make due with what I can...

Posted via CB10
    That said, most Android apps are deeply integrated. The sharing capabilities of Android (opening links with desired apps, moving files between apps, sharing any number of things to dozens of choices) are far, far greater than BB10. When you click a link in the browser, BBM, or any number of other places, it will open the relevant app (like Crackberry, your picture viewer, your video player).

Don't forget, the File Manager, Gallery, and Video Player on BB10 are just apps too - they are not "baked in", they are simply included. And for the most part, those BB10 apps' capabilities are basic at best.
    Last edited by conite; 05-26-16 at 08:40 PM.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-26-16 08:19 PM
    For instance, when I select a file in Solid Explorer, and hit share, here is a partial list of what I can share to:
    Attached Thumbnails I need a BlackBerry Pictures app for my Priv!-1464312856231.jpg   I need a BlackBerry Pictures app for my Priv!-1464312864609.jpg  
    05-26-16 08:34 PM
    From the camera app, I can share a photo to these choices (I'm having fun with this, lol):

(There are more choices - customised, such as recent contacts etc that I didn't show)
    Attached Thumbnails I need a BlackBerry Pictures app for my Priv!-1464313395097.jpg   I need a BlackBerry Pictures app for my Priv!-1464313403709.jpg  
    05-26-16 08:43 PM
    For instance, when I select a file in Solid Explorer, and hit share, here is a partial list of what I can share to:
    I never said some random other app found in a store front isn't capable of integration, that isn't something I contest, but see my problem is I don't want to have to set permissions for a million different entities in order to to perform a few basic functions... I simply enjoy and value the basic apps I use to be tailor-made by the manufacturer and baked naitively into my device's OS... No matter how well integrated the app may be, it just isn't quite the same for me... Different tastes for all... Boils down to preference...

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 08:43 PM
    I never said some random other app found in a store front isn't capable of integration, that isn't something I contest, but see my problem is I don't want to have to set permissions for a million different entities in order to to perform a few basic functions... I simply enjoy and value the basic apps I use to be tailor-made by the manufacturer and baked naitively into my device's OS... No matter how well integrated the app may be, it just isn't quite the same for me... Different tastes for all... Boils down to preference...

Posted via CB10
    Honestly though, just how many apps that BB10 "included" do you need to manage on Android? 3? 4?
    05-26-16 08:47 PM
    I also don't need all the fancy features of third party apps and just prefer to have a basic gallery, file manager, music player and video player app built by Blackberry and baked into the O/S
    05-26-16 08:54 PM
    Which one should I use. Piktures or QuickPic Gallery?

05-26-16 08:54 PM
    Honestly though, just how many apps that BB10 "included" do you need to manage on Android? 3? 4?
    Yes... 3 or 4... That's still another 3 or 4 added to the list, when I know BlackBerry is fully capable of preparing such apps from the go... Perhaps I'm just expecting too much... Anyways, as stated above, I DO make do... I have installed Cyanogen Gallery -Which DOES organize by date- to replace Google Gallery and have switched from ASUS file manager to Amaze, which DOES hide images and files... I'm just admittedly bitter about having to go elsewhere...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 05-26-16 at 09:24 PM.
    05-26-16 08:58 PM
    Which one should I use. Piktures or QuickPic Gallery?

Try them both and decide which one suits you better. I use QuickPic.
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-26-16 09:04 PM

It's really true. The Pictures app is surprisingly so much easier to navigate and more smartly featured than any other photos app that i've seen. Including the Apple Photos app and whatever the default Google pictures app is called.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 09:08 PM
    It's really true. The Pictures app is surprisingly so much easier to navigate and more smartly featured than any other photos app that i've seen. Including the Apple Photos app and whatever the default Google pictures app is called.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, I just need to simply sort my pice by date, time or name and press "hide" to hide a pic from view. I don't need a password, it's not that serious.

heepman likes this.
    05-26-16 09:20 PM
81 123 ...