I visited the att store and they had the priv out! Best android phone I've played with... and I won't get it.

First, my impressions of it. I love the android fork, it is smooth and done well. The gestures you can customize to open hub or to something else. Straight up is to search, couldn't change it but you can change the left and right actions. The build is solid and smooth/light... so much so that it feels fragile. The screen feels plastic too, didn't like it personally. The active tiles is SWEET. It looks like windows metro to me, nice work BB.

Picture lock works but you have to swipe up from android lockscreen first to get to it.

Keyboard works well, it has an shift button to use physical keys for numbers.

But like I feared, the phone is too narrow for me to type on compared to passport. The virtual keys were larger than physical keys so easier to type on... so I wouldn't use slide out much if any...

If passport got the same android os, I would get it without a second thought but the priv as nice as it is, doesn't fit my hands.

If in Kansas city, the att store in Zona Rosa has priv on display

Camera seems decent to me, better than passport but I'm not a spec person so I can't compare that to other cameras
    jope28 likes this.
    11-06-15 11:26 AM
    Too narrow?!?! I guess the passport spoiled you... you'll be waiting a looooooong time for another phone with that width
    Bbnivende, achsfx and DGreen02 like this.
    11-06-15 11:32 AM
    Also played with it in the ATT store in Palo Alto. First, no one - zero people - in the store. After 30 minutes open, I still am the only one who's asked about the phone. Sales guy knew zero about the phone except "hey it looks pretty sweet; I think it's an Android phone". Anyway, one major improvement over my Z30 is an incredibly bright screen, far better and more visible than Z30. Right now I'm not in love with what seems like extra steps to do anything in the Priv OS than in my Z30. Gonna wait...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:37 AM
    I visited the att store and they had the priv out! Best android phone I've played with... and I won't get it.

First, my impressions of it. I love the android fork, it is smooth and done well. The gestures you can customize to open hub or to something else. Straight up is to search, couldn't change it but you can change the left and right actions. The build is solid and smooth/light... so much so that it feels fragile. The screen feels plastic too, didn't like it personally. The active tiles is SWEET. It looks like windows metro to me, nice work BB.

Picture lock works but you have to swipe up from android lockscreen first to get to it.

But like I feared, the phone is too narrow for me to type on compared to passport. The virtual keys were larger than physical keys so easier to type on... so I wouldn't use slide out much if any...

If passport got the same android os, I would get it without a second thought but the priv as nice as it is, doesn't fit my hands.

Camera seems decent to me, better than passport but I'm not a spec person so I can't compare that to other cameras
    Passport owners... The ultimate fan boys.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:44 AM
    Just played with the phone and really wanted to like it but I feel like the keyboard is just too small. If they put an inch between the keys it would have been perfect

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 11:46 AM
    Large hands... passport is about size of my palm

Can't say I'm a fan boy yet... passport is my first and only BB phone
    11-06-15 11:47 AM
    Just played with the phone and really wanted to like it but I feel like the keyboard is just too small. If they put an inch between the keys it would have been perfect

Don't worry Babar, your day will come.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:48 AM
    I had the passport and loved it just needed some apps. I love the Priv but the keyboard is just too tight

11-06-15 11:53 AM
    Too narrow?!?! I guess the passport spoiled you... you'll be waiting a looooooong time for another phone with that width
    I suspect there will be an Android version slider passport in the future for this very reason. Would I buy it? Probably not..

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:21 PM
    Edit: Only a dummy available at both Telus and Bell. They were stuck in with other non working Android's. I take it back. Both the Classic and Passport come off as premium by comparison.

OK, let us have an Android Passport and Classic ASAP.

The PRIV certainly does not look like a 800$ device on the first impression.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:22 PM
    I keep reading a lot about the keyboard being "too small", (haven't played with one yet) but others compare the size to the 9700 or the Q10 and nobody seemed to have any issues with those PKB's. I think most of those complaining are coming from the Passport and quite simply we will probably never see another PKB with that width on a smartphone. Bla1ze called it the best BB PKB Ever--- that is quite a statement......
    11-07-15 09:47 AM

I noticed the same thing with the keyboard. I have large hands and found it difficult to type on the unit in my local store.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 09:51 AM
    Edit: Only a dummy available at both Telus and Bell. They were stuck in with other non working Android's. I take it back. Both the Classic and Passport come off as premium by comparison.

OK, let us have an Android Passport and Classic ASAP.

The PRIV certainly does not look like a 800$ device on the first impression.

Posted via CB10
    I see Blackberry changing the Passport to Android.
    11-07-15 09:53 AM
    Passport owners... The ultimate fan boys.

Posted via CB10
    ***** comment of the day, congratulations!

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    11-07-15 10:38 AM
    I keep reading a lot about the keyboard being "too small", (haven't played with one yet) but others compare the size to the 9700 or the Q10 and nobody seemed to have any issues with those PKB's. I think most of those complaining are coming from the Passport and quite simply we will probably never see another PKB with that width on a smartphone. Bla1ze called it the best BB PKB Ever--- that is quite a statement......
    sure, it compares with those in size...but i never said i liked those phones either... i didnt use a blackberry before because i thought the keyboard was too close. before passport i had a horizontal slider so i had more room to type on. before that it wasnt even a smartphone...
    11-07-15 12:11 PM

An inch between they keys? What are you smoking this afternoon? I dare day there is at least 6 inches of empty space between your ears.
    11-07-15 12:20 PM
    I noticed the same thing with the keyboard. I have large hands and found it difficult to type on the unit in my local store.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying you hand " ?" LOL
    11-07-15 12:23 PM
    sure, it compares with those in size...but i never said i liked those phones either... i didnt use a blackberry before because i thought the keyboard was too close. before passport i had a horizontal slider so i had more room to type on. before that it wasnt even a smartphone...
    I've already posted this picture on CB of my hand and the Priv at my AT&T store. I guess my hands are pretty big--9" thumb to pinky span, average for men is 7". I don't know, never thought about that before. Maybe I should be a passer for the Patriots and I wouldn't even need to deflate the football.

But I digress. After 20 frustrating minutes with the admittedly beautiful Priv, I decided it just wouldn't work for me with that pkbd. And way back in the day, I had no problem with the Torch II slider pkbd. Go figure.

No way I'm giving up my SE Passport. I, too, would be happy if BlackBerry gave us Passport users an Android option, and then we could choose. According to the gurus here, though, under the Android OHA noncompete agreement, that will never happen, even if the legality of that agreement is being challenged in some countries.

I just played with the priv, best android phone but I wont get it-img_20151106_101438.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 12:33 PM
    I doubt we will ever see a landscape keyboard again on anything resembling a premium type device either. So without the Passport's width or a horizontal slider coming, I'm not sure what's left if one wants a high end device with a good PKB... except the Priv.
    11-07-15 12:58 PM

The Priv isn't too narrow, it's the passport that is super wide. The Priv is the second widest smartphone made by blackberry, it has a wider keyboard than any previous BB other than the passport. I have the passport, being used to it, if I pick a Q10 or a 9900 it feels like its cramped and I can't type on it...

But I remember typing faster on the 9900 and Q10 than in the passport, and didn't have any issues. People never had any issues with much narrower phones like the 9700, it's just a question of habit to the size.
    11-07-15 12:58 PM
    I've already posted this picture on CB of my hand and the Priv at my AT&T store. I guess my hands are pretty big--9" thumb to pinky span, average for men is 7". I don't know, never thought about that before. Maybe I should be a passer for the Patriots and I wouldn't even need to deflate the football.

But I digress. After 20 frustrating minutes with the admittedly beautiful Priv, I decided it just wouldn't work for me with that pkbd. And way back in the day, I had no problem with the Torch II slider pkbd. Go figure.

No way I'm giving up my SE Passport. I, too, would be happy if BlackBerry gave us Passport users an Android option, and then we could choose. According to the gurus here, though, under the Android OHA noncompete agreement, that will never happen, even if the legality of that agreement is being challenged in some countries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151106_101438.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	379442

Posted via CB10
    You just have to get used to it. The keys in the Priv are larger than the torch. I "feel" that I can't type on the Q10 too if I pick it up after the passport, but I remember being faster in Q10 than the Passport. You just are spoiled with the passport.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    11-07-15 01:00 PM
    You just have to get used to it. The keys in the Priv are larger than the torch. I "feel" that I can't type on the Q10 too if I pick it up after the passport, but I remember being faster in Q10 than the Passport. You just are spoiled with the passport.
    you remember being faster? i type fairly slow to begin with, speed is not the deciding issue to me. what matters to me is comfort. i do not buy a new car because it is faster, but because it is more comfortable to drive. i do not buy food because it is made quicker to make. i eat fast food but i dont care if it takes a while to cook either, ihop, perkins, and dennys are exactly quick fast food...

and i dont buy phones that are quicker... or i would be upgrading a lot more often than 5 years... i didnt say the priv was bad, it just isnt comfortable to me...

well i wont be back to justify my comfort with priv keyboard since it is a personal decision. just letting people know how i felt about it. good phone but not for me. no different than note 5 being a good phone and not for me as well..
    11-07-15 01:47 PM
    you remember being faster? i type fairly slow to begin with, speed is not the deciding issue to me. what matters to me is comfort. i do not buy a new car because it is faster, but because it is more comfortable to drive. i do not buy food because it is made quicker to make. i eat fast food but i dont care if it takes a while to cook either, ihop, perkins, and dennys are exactly quick fast food...

and i dont buy phones that are quicker... or i would be upgrading a lot more often than 5 years... i didnt say the priv was bad, it just isnt comfortable to me...

well i wont be back to justify my comfort with priv keyboard since it is a personal decision. just letting people know how i felt about it. good phone but not for me. no different than note 5 being a good phone and not for me as well..
    E could easly do over 80wpm on the Q10 and 9900, the Passport is hard to get over 60-70 because of the extra time travel between keys, and the keys itself are a bit stiffer

Speed is important to me because I have to reply to a ton of stuff daily, so the faster I go, the quicker I can move on.
    Some people buy a car because it's faster, some people buy a car that's roomier, leave confort as an afterthought

If being narrow is a problem, then the only phone on the market for you is the Passport, you shouldn't even bother trying the Priv or any other phone if the keyboard "wideness" was a concern.
    11-07-15 02:09 PM