Get an in line aux booster for you headphones.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 05:47 AM
    What's one of those?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-20-16 06:51 AM
    What's one of those?

Something like this......

http://phpaudio.jigsy.com/passive-preamp

That's one's designed for a car though. They have others that are designed for headphones.
    02-20-16 08:03 PM
    02-20-16 08:06 PM
    Don't headphones require too much power vs earbuds? I have a gamer set of headphones and they never give the volume that my BB Passport earbuds do.
    I have some Shure SRH-840 headphones that my Z30 doesn't have much of a problem driving. I mean, it's not the same as my Asus Xonar headphone amp in my PC, but it works.
    02-20-16 10:41 PM
    Bbry used to have the nicest volume range of any phone, turning it up to the highest level could be perceived as too loud in the old days, seems like somewhere early in the BB10 release they put a limit on the volume output.

Now I almost always have to turn it up to 11 for music. It always just seems loud enough when maxed out. It would be nice to get that last 10% back.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 09:58 AM
    Well the best setting for streaming music over Bluetooth with VLC Player is the "flat" setting in the equalizer. Then you need to play with base and tremble on whatever you are streaming to. Still sounds like crap when turned up but sounds OK at medium volume. Please share any other setups to try..

02-21-16 12:12 PM
    Try POWERAMP it will fix all your issues. It has an equalizer and some good presets it also play a wide variety of formats.
    02-21-16 12:59 PM
    Try POWERAMP it will fix all your issues. It has an equalizer and some good presets it also play a wide variety of formats.
    Wow this works awesome! I installed, didn't touch one setting and I was blown away! Deff a must have app. Should come pre installed. Thanks for the suggestion!

02-21-16 01:26 PM
    Don't headphones require too much power vs earbuds? I have a gamer set of headphones and they never give the volume that my BB Passport earbuds do.
    I'm talking about same head phones on different devices playing the exact same song. It is probably 50% loudness compared to rival phones. This has to be sort of an issue..

ruhban likes this.
    02-22-16 12:37 AM
    Does it play streaming music?
    02-22-16 05:11 AM
    I'm talking about same head phones on different devices playing the exact same song. It is probably 50% loudness compared to rival phones. This has to be sort of an issue..

It's definitely an issue - I'm experiencing it as well.

02-22-16 01:03 PM
    I plugged Priv to my car speaker and it is true it is lower than iPhone 5s. Ahh

Hey! Go check this out.

The shocker pro works great. It's making me second guess jumping onto a Priv now because it fixed my low output issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 05:52 PM
    Hey! Go check this out.

The shocker pro works great. It's making me second guess jumping onto a Priv now because it fixed my low output issue. Just got it today in the mail. Plugged in and wow! I'm impressed.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-22-16 05:53 PM
    Does it play streaming music?
    I'm not sure i don't stream music, i only load FLAC files through my sd card.
    02-22-16 07:10 PM
    I tried Poweramp today and it sounds like it uses the exact same sound stuff as the default equaliser. Does anyone know why the 'Bass Boost' feature has been turned off by BlackBerry?

02-24-16 03:37 AM
    I do wish that huge speaker grill wasn't so misleading.
    ruhban likes this.
    02-24-16 05:28 AM
    I tried Poweramp today and it sounds like it uses the exact same sound stuff as the default equaliser. Does anyone know why the 'Bass Boost' feature has been turned off by BlackBerry?

Where is the default eq?

02-25-16 10:38 AM
    Open Play Music > Settings > Equaliser

02-25-16 11:09 AM
    Open Play Music > Settings > Equaliser

Are you talking about Poweramp eq?
    Never mind you are talking about Google play music.... I'm an android newbie. Sorry.

02-25-16 05:11 PM
45 12