The audio on my Priv is worse than it was on my Passport and it's starting to annoy me. Even though the Passport didn't even have an equaliser for it's Android apps it sounded better than my Priv does both with and without the equaliser active. And I really miss the Bass Booster function on the BlackBerry Music app. When I turned the volume up, the whole music turned up whereas the Priv's mids and highs only turn up, leaving the lows muted in comparison. Does anyone know how I can fix these problems?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 04:13 AM
    Honestly man phone speakers suck. Why not get a cheap little Bluetooth speaker? Even the crappiest one will still sound better than any phone.

I mean I get watching a video here and there on your phone, but to start EQing the phone speaker is like polishing a turd.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-10-16 04:47 AM
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using a pair of Sony MDR-1A headphones. And a Sony SRS-X88 Bluetooth speaker.

jm1219 likes this.
    02-10-16 05:20 AM
    What about phone calls? Via speaker phone or using it straight to your ear? Is that okay? Just curious.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    02-10-16 05:23 AM
    They're loud but they lack the bass I used to get from my Passport via headphones. I can't really complain about the loud speaker - I understand the limitations.

02-10-16 05:53 AM
    I have issues as well with the priv while using headphones. The sound is extremely low even on full volume.

02-10-16 08:40 AM
    The audio on my Priv is worse than it was on my Passport and it's starting to annoy me. Even though the Passport didn't even have an equaliser for it's Android apps it sounded better than my Priv does both with and without the equaliser active. And I really miss the Bass Booster function on the BlackBerry Music app. When I turned the volume up, the whole music turned up whereas the Priv's mids and highs only turn up, leaving the lows muted in comparison. Does anyone know how I can fix these problems?

This shouldn't happen: according to GSMarena, the audio output from the headphones is clean without any bumps or dips in the frequency output.

http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_p...iew-1350p7.php

I found that Blackplayer has trouble playing the whole frequency spectrum from a 24 bit 44.1 kHz FLAC file (including the bass), whereas Poweramp was able to play everything (and every audio format) I threw at it with out problems. Try Poweramp. Let me know how it works out. I'll try to help.
    Last edited by ajwan; 02-10-16 at 11:11 AM.
    02-10-16 10:54 AM
    BlackBerry's only real effort for sound quality from the built in speakers was with the Z30, and to a lesser extent the passport.

There have been several complaints about the Priv's internal speaker.
    02-10-16 11:04 AM
    This probably has everything to do with the Qualcomm SoC. Notoriously bad sound quality. Needs a separate DAC.
    02-10-16 10:03 PM
    That's one reason I took Priv back and went back to the V10.

02-11-16 12:06 AM
    OP: Are you talking about the built in speaker or with headphones?
    02-11-16 12:16 AM
    I plugged Priv to my car speaker and it is true it is lower than iPhone 5s. Ahh

02-11-16 04:22 AM
    BlackBerry's only real effort for sound quality from the built in speakers was with the Z30, and to a lesser extent the passport.

There have been several complaints about the Priv's internal speaker.
    My Z10 sounded beautiful <3

02-11-16 06:01 AM
    OP: Are you talking about the built in speaker or with headphones?
    Headphones and via Bluetooth to a Sony speaker and to a car

02-11-16 06:01 AM
    ive given up on playing tunes thru my phones i jut use a small mp3 player with 128gb sd card and hook it up to a fiio amp its small, portable and gives me great sound on the go and just use the equalizer on the player and fiio to fine tune it
    ruhban likes this.
    02-11-16 06:51 PM
    But what about us users who use streaming services like Spotify and Deezer?

02-11-16 06:53 PM
    dont know if this works for streaming stuff but for your other music you can try this its a free trial cant hurt

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pz.audioplayer
    02-11-16 06:59 PM
    Buy a Virtu, if you got an extra approx $30,000. Otherwise, you are going to have to get yourself some Bluetooth stereo speakers or something like that. Nobody should expect top quality audio from a regular smartphone, at least these days.

02-11-16 08:09 PM
    Buy a Virtu, if you got an extra approx $30,000. Otherwise, you are going to have to get yourself some Bluetooth stereo speakers or something like that. Nobody should expect top quality audio from a regular smartphone, at least these days.

Nobody is expecting top quality audio. What I am getting with the priv is far below average. In a crowded area I cannot even hear my music through my headphones because it's so quiet. With other phones this isn't the case.

ruhban likes this.
    02-11-16 08:56 PM
    I listen to music on my BlackBerry Priv and the bass and treble has been fine. Increasing or decreasing the volume can make a difference; usually lower volume sounds better overall.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    02-11-16 09:13 PM
    For me with wired headphones the volume is too low and this goes for Apple music and Google play music.

Curiously though my wireless Beats studio seem to have 2-3 extra steps even when the onscreen volume is showing it is maxed out.

Overall music on the Priv is one of my biggest gripes.
    rai187 likes this.
    02-12-16 11:04 AM
    Best phone out there for music through phone speakers is the moto x style, done a side by side comparison, and the passport was no where near as loud or clear, was very surprised myself.
    02-14-16 02:38 PM
    I am running into very low volume streaming through a bluetooth receiver. I find I have to turn the volume on my Priv to the max and also have to turn the volume in my vehicle almost to the max which results in very poor sound quality. It works beautifully on my bb10 devices..... Bluetooth streaming can't be this bad on the Priv can it? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 02:47 PM
    Do you have the latest version of Play Music? The latest one fixes some Bluetooth bugs, apparently. Give it a go.

02-19-16 02:14 PM
    I have issues as well with the priv while using headphones. The sound is extremely low even on full volume.

Don't headphones require too much power vs earbuds? I have a gamer set of headphones and they never give the volume that my BB Passport earbuds do.
    02-19-16 07:36 PM
45 12