Just got a hub update. Release notes says minor fixes. Haven't noticed anything new - no dark hub :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BD_BB_8520 and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-26-16 07:33 PM
    thanks for the info
    07-26-16 07:38 PM
    I don't believe this is the big update for the MM but minor fixes from Lollipop as advised a few days back.

Posted via handy dandy PRIV
    07-26-16 08:13 PM
    I also got an update to services too. Says minor fixes.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    07-26-16 08:16 PM
    There is another thread where Cody from BlackBerry states that this isn't the big hub update we are anxiously awaiting. He says that one is coming soon.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    07-26-16 11:09 PM
    Correct!
    07-27-16 07:20 AM
    At least I got this. TMo USA customers are still waiting for a July update, which I am now guessing will never come.

Seems like the US Priv user is getting, again, abandoned by their carriers.

Ok, we got MM from TMo. Been crickets ever since.

07-27-16 08:09 AM
    At least I got this. TMo USA customers are still waiting for a July update, which I am now guessing will never come.

Seems like the US Priv user is getting, again, abandoned by their carriers.

Ok, we got MM from TMo. Been crickets ever since.

Wasn't the July Security update included in your MM update? I ask because at the Security Summit, I mentioned the lack of the "zero day" patches to VZW users since we are still running the June fix, response I got was "July Security update will be included in the MM roll out which is coming soon"
    07-27-16 08:20 AM
    Hey Cody,

I have noticed an issue with the hub - When I send a message in a conversation (whatsapp for example), the hub does not display that conversation at the top of the hub list. Additionally, it does not display the sent message in the hub unless you find the conversation and open it.

If I receive a message in that conversation, it will move the conversation to the top of the hub list. It should do the same if I send a message in the conversation.

Is there a fix coming for this issue?

Thanks!
    07-27-16 08:37 AM
    Wasn't the July Security update included in your MM update? I ask because at the Security Summit, I mentioned the lack of the "zero day" patches to VZW users since we are still running the June fix, response I got was "July Security update will be included in the MM roll out which is coming soon"
    I am going to say "no", and here's why. I have an issue (shared by others) that I can not assign custon ring tones to contacts. C_Bryant (here in the forum) was kind enough to help, and indicated that the fix for this existed,and was part of the July update (pushed by the carriers).

Thus, I conclude that, apparently, it was not part of the MM update. I have no way of being 100% sure, but this anecdotal evidence appears to indicate that it wasn't.
    07-27-16 09:06 AM
    I am going to say "no", and here's why. I have an issue (shared by others) that I can not assign custon ring tones to contacts. C_Bryant (here in the forum) was kind enough to help, and indicated that the fix for this existed,and was part of the July update (pushed by the carriers).

Thus, I conclude that, apparently, it was not part of the MM update. I have no way of being 100% sure, but this anecdotal evidence appears to indicate that it wasn't.
    Thanks.. wasn't really overly optimistic about the answer I received from them anyway..

Sigh....
    07-27-16 09:13 AM
    Wasn't the July Security update included in your MM update?
    The July Security update wasn't included with the Marshmallow update for those of us on AT&T... 😖

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-27-16 09:26 AM
    The July Security update wasn't included with the Marshmallow update for those of us on AT&T... ��

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    Thanks. Patiently waiting for something, anything for the PRIV on VZW. Though my patience is waning...Did get the HUB and Services update though. Don't see any changes. Maybe C_Bryant34 can shed some light on what was in these 2 updates.
    07-27-16 09:47 AM
    There were a few issues around email rendering fixed and a change put in to prevent folks from noticing a bug. The new coming version of webview had some changes that were going to cause drafts to not save in some cases. We issued the patch proactively to prevent that from surfacing.
    zephyr613 and gizmo21 like this.
    07-27-16 10:00 AM
    There were a few issues around email rendering fixed and a change put in to prevent folks from noticing a bug. The new coming version of webview had some changes that were going to cause drafts to not save in some cases. We issued the patch proactively to prevent that from surfacing.
    Thank you Sir!! I like the "proactive" approach as well as prevent users from noticing a bug

Now what about MM for VZW users?? Just kidding, I know you don't work for, nor have any pull with VZW..
    07-27-16 10:36 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Ok, so despite being a Die-hard BB10 fan, I have to admit that I'm craving something new to try, so I'm CONSIDERING an Android Blackberry.

Critical issue for me is the Hub. Early reports were that the Hub wasn't integrated very well, and didn't really work similarly to the BB10 Hub.

Can anyone give me opinions on how their hub experience is going currently? I'm not someone who is worried about EVERY little feature, but the general utility and efficiency of the Hub is something I'm not going to leave behind anytime soon.

At $300, the DTEK50 is a viable choice for a 2nd device for me IF the Hub functions well.

Any responses are appreciated. Oh yeah--T-Mobile User if that matters.

KAM
    07-27-16 10:36 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Ok, so despite being a Die-hard BB10 fan, I have to admit that I'm craving something new to try, so I'm CONSIDERING an Android Blackberry.

Critical issue for me is the Hub. Early reports were that the Hub wasn't integrated very well, and didn't really work similarly to the BB10 Hub.

Can anyone give me opinions on how their hub experience is going currently? I'm not someone who is worried about EVERY little feature, but the general utility and efficiency of the Hub is something I'm not going to leave behind anytime soon.

At $300, the DTEK50 is a viable choice for a 2nd device for me IF the Hub functions well.

Any responses are appreciated. Oh yeah--T-Mobile User if that matters.

KAM
    Hello KAM - I can tell you my opinion, but just mine..

I have been a loyal die hard Blackberry users since the old 950 days (yes, I am that old)
    My latest devices have been the Z10 and the PRIV, this coming from the BBOS days with the Government.
    I can tell you that the Hub on Android has come a long way from when it was first presented. Mine almost never crashes or stops showing me emails (I have Blue Mail also loaded on the PRIV so if i go more than an hour without seeing anything in the Hub I can check the other mail client, but Blue Mail will not show anything other than email accounts - no text messages. etc..

I have the Hub on the PRIV configured for all my email accounts and text messages. I do not think it integrates with Facebook or other Social media, but I don't use them so I haven't tried. (Maybe others can chime in about those).

The only serious thing lacking in my opinion is the pinch feature from BB 10. I can swipe left to delete, right to mark as read , all of the other goodies.

Again, I am biased as I have always loved Blackberry and I forced my Company to purchase the PRIV for me (I am the only BB user in the company) but when I show people the Hub and that it's running Android, people are thinking twice about what to order.

Again, just my opinion..Hope this helps.
    KAM1138 and FF22 like this.
    07-27-16 10:48 AM
    Looks like email messages text color has been set to black instead of the blue green it was previously. Still no spell check for emails though.

I have been a loyal die hard Blackberry users since the old 950 days (yes, I am that old)
    My latest devices have been the Z10 and the PRIV, this coming from the BBOS days with the Government.
    I can tell you that the Hub on Android has come a long way from when it was first presented. Mine almost never crashes or stops showing me emails (I have Blue Mail also loaded on the PRIV so if i go more than an hour without seeing anything in the Hub I can check the other mail client, but Blue Mail will not show anything other than email accounts - no text messages. etc..

I have the Hub on the PRIV configured for all my email accounts and text messages. I do not think it integrates with Facebook or other Social media, but I don't use them so I haven't tried. (Maybe others can chime in about those).

The only serious thing lacking in my opinion is the pinch feature from BB 10. I can swipe left to delete, right to mark as read , all of the other goodies.

Again, I am biased as I have always loved Blackberry and I forced my Company to purchase the PRIV for me (I am the only BB user in the company) but when I show people the Hub and that it's running Android, people are thinking twice about what to order.

Overall, I like the hub. It is integrated well and most apps support it. There are a few oddities about it such as spellcheck not working in the email body but overall I like it.

I would put money down on the dtek50 just for the hub. It's a pretty good app despite it's minor limitations.
    KAM1138 likes this.
    07-27-16 10:53 AM
    Passport is my daily driver, because i cracked priv's screen. I have been updating priv too just too see how it develops.. Now after the update hub won't sync with my work email. We use mobileiron as security system (or mdm or what it is called).

Did this update change how priv is seen to mobileiron servers? Because i think that it doesn't support BlackBerry (as device name or something), but android is supported. It used to require email+ client, but after few changes hub on passport and priv started to sync my work email. Passport hub still syncs perfectly my work email account (i have on old version of mobile@work app installed).

07-27-16 10:59 AM

Thanks much for the response. I was just watching the DTEK50 Hub video and it showed a "pinch to X" function. Maybe that added that in recently? The video looked promising, but hearing actual user experiences is helpful.

KAM
    07-27-16 11:10 AM
    Thanks much for the response. I was just watching the DTEK50 Hub video and it showed a "pinch to X" function. Maybe that added that in recently? The video looked promising, but hearing actual user experiences is helpful.

KAM
    The DTEK50 video has it running Marshmallow, I am still running Lollipop as I am on Verizon. I don't think that others with the PRIV and running MM have the Pinch to X yet...
    KAM1138 likes this.
    07-27-16 11:15 AM
    The DTEK50 video has it running Marshmallow, I am still running Lollipop as I am on Verizon. I don't think that others with the PRIV and running MM have the Pinch to X yet...
    Yep not yet
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-27-16 11:34 AM
    Looks like email messages text color has been set to black instead of the blue green it was previously. Still no spell check for emails though.

Overall, I like the hub. It is integrated well and most apps support it. There are a few oddities about it such as spellcheck not working in the email body but overall I like it.

I would put money down on the dtek50 just for the hub. It's a pretty good app despite it's minor limitations.
    You can change the text color in the email composer with the rich text formatting bar.

Spell check we are pushing Google to get them to add support in Android System WebView.
    zephyr613 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    07-27-16 12:32 PM

Spell check in emails isn't working? It does for me.
    07-27-16 12:35 PM
    Spell check in emails isn't working? It does for me.
    Yeah, but your Cobalt.. probably some modification you did there.
    07-27-16 01:03 PM
64 123