Thx, that's what I thought but couldn't understand why anyone would buy the Priv to then disable the 'good stuff'.

I personally am not attracted to pure Android as trying to move from texts to emails to other Apps is not easy compared to what we take for granted on BB10.

I thought the Priv was to help us be even more productive but I guess it's all about the App Gap so why don't all the members disabling BlackBerry services just get a premium Android for less money?

Posted via CB10
    I guess for the keyboard and form factor, or maybe just because it's something a little different from a regular glass slab. Without BB services on it I wouldn't use it and if the hub doesn't improve then I won't keep mine and will sell it for most likely a loss.
    11-26-15 12:13 PM
    so in essence hub is better off being uninstalled pretty much leaving you with a very typical android device BUT with a keyboard thanks bb
    11-26-15 12:28 PM
    I'm beginning to handle all my notifications in the notification tray and I find it a nuisance I have another place I have to deal with them.

Take Twitter for example. I take action on those notifications immediately but I then have to deal with them again in the Hub.

This problem also existed in BB10. The notifications inside the app should be read by the Hub to.

I hope BlackBerry can think of a solution.
    Where did this problem exist in BB10? I have never, nor anyone I know who uses BB10, have to clear messages in the hub and in the app.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 12:32 PM
    Not sure who would disable the on-screen BB keyboard. It's superior to all other Android keyboards. The hardware keyboard is also very good for longer texts/e-mails and keeps fingers off the screen, which is why I really like the Priv as opposed to other Android devices. I'm not sure why anyone is saying the Priv isn't a "premium" Android device. What about it isn't premium? Benchmarks are a bit under the others? This phone is premium, it feels premium, app performance is premium. This phone outperforms any of my friends'/family's/colleagues' phones.

That aside, email/text messages/notifications/lack of gestures, yes. BlackBerry OS is superior. In every single way. Every single way. Having to move your finger un-ergonomically to the top of the screen to access notifications is probably the most depressing thing aside from being unable to use the broken HUB and being required to use 3rd-party email apps (insert wtf? here). The fact that you can't receive e-mails on Android without downloading an app just boggles my mind. Everything is tedious on Android. When using a passcode to unlock the device, you have to do 3 different button presses beyond just putting in the passcode. Really? (unlock button, swipe up from bottom of screen, input passcode, click enter) Photos, videos, file managing, etc, yes. BlackBerry OS is superior. In every single way. Android is the epitome of an entertainment system, nothing more, and has ultimately failed to implement any sort of useful filing system for said entertainment.

I do admit I didn't do any research on this because it's Android. Everyone I know loves Android, so I figured I'd trust them, and a pipe at work fell on my Passport and destroyed the screen. I'm on the fence when it comes to returning the device because it is just god-awful in terms of productivity time, everything is made more difficult on Android. However, the apps are pretty and run so smooth, and I've really enjoyed the Android experience in that regard.
    11-26-15 12:50 PM
    At the time I was using my passport and I never had used android before so I was always going to buy the Priv. But now I'm familiar with the platform I'm no longer alien to it so my next phone possibly may not be a Blackberry but I'm two years away from that decision and none of us don't know what will be available. I've had BlackBerry for six years now and u do like a lot about the device still that makes it unique
    11-26-15 01:22 PM
    Problem is the texts are not even properly integrated in to the Hub to. The default is Messenger but I have changed mine to Hangouts. From the Hub you will always be taken out of it if you reply to a message.
    I've noticed texts don't appear right away in the hub!? Perhaps a future update will fix the delay.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-26-15 03:10 PM
    Ok I must be missing something. How did you delete Facebook and Twitter from the hub? As soon as I installed them they were integrated in. I can't figure out how to get them out.
    Open Hub, tap the menu.. Go settings...

Go to Blackberry Hub under views menu.. Deselect the accounts you don't want

Then go back to settings, go into the individual accounts you don't want and deselect "Display on account tab".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Jamie Wooten likes this.
    11-26-15 03:45 PM
    According to BlackBerry this is in their road map.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's what I need to hear. It's the little things that makes the big things easier to handle!!! Tell me more

This probably means that there is a fix on the way, not asking for when, just that it's coming!
    11-26-15 09:53 PM
    Several over at Android Central have uninstalled most of the BlackBerry Apps... and found performance and usability are better.

But I've never noticed any issues in BB10 with notifications from the HUB and within "compatible" apps not being cleared when read. HUB on BB10 is great! Maybe in "time" they'll be able to create more of that type of integration with Android....
    I think the hub should have been a full page widget that is always available by swiping to the leftmost homepage. This would feel more like BB10. I don't like waiting for the hub app to open vs having it built into the OS in BB10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    anon(5597702) and meth-berry like this.
    11-27-15 12:56 AM
    I think the hub should have been a full page widget that is always available by swiping to the leftmost homepage. This would feel more like BB10. I don't like waiting for the hub app to open vs having it built into the OS in BB10.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    That'd be a great way to leverge Android for the hub feel, actually. I imagine you could use an email/notification app widget and resize it to fit on one homepage, as you suggested.

I'd be surprised if there weren't an Android launcher or two that have some of this flow built in, too (something like Smart Launcher 3).
    11-27-15 09:47 AM
    Or use Swipe Up Utility and dedicate one gesture to open the hub app, or something.
    11-27-15 09:50 AM
    Or use Swipe Up Utility and dedicate one gesture to open the hub app, or something.
    its already there...swipe to the up and right and it should open the hub
    11-27-15 09:53 AM
    its already there...swipe to the up and right and it should open the hub
    Unless you've changed your quick launch settings.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    11-27-15 01:04 PM
38 12