So will there be the BlackBerry Hub on the Priv? If not it could be a deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 01:55 PM
    We don't know what it will be or how it will work. It's been referred to, but not shown in any leaks.
    10-13-15 02:05 PM
    It's pretty much a guarantee that the hub will be there. One of the video leaks did show that it's there.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-13-15 02:15 PM
    Ahh thank God! Would love to see that video? Anyone know where it can be found?

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:18 PM
    This is a key feature for me to buy the Priv. I hate the mail and messages all over the place. If the Priv has no Hub I'm probably going to hold off.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    10-13-15 02:27 PM
    Has a hub, as seen in Evan Blass' leak earlier:

*https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMzaxpuUcAAjGu1.jpg:large

But my guess is it will not work like most around here expect.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 02:55 PM
    The problem is that apps won't integrate into the hub as well as BB10. Since the hub would only be available on BB android, devs have little reason to integrate their apps into the hub. OEM specific features integration is not a priority for any dev.
    10-13-15 03:04 PM
    ^^^This is what i'm afraid of. If it's like you say, it'll be no different than getting a notification in android, pulling down the drop-down menu and that specific app opening when you tap on the message
    10-13-15 03:11 PM
    I know this might be poking the fire, but why is the hub such a great thing? I see how it works and that every single notification is in there but without rhyme or reason. A personal Mail might be on top of a text on top of another personal email on top of a work email. Im used to opening each app specifically for that message. A place for each thing and each thing in its place.

Help an Android guy understand why the hub is better than individual app notifications.
    10-13-15 03:15 PM
    I know this might be poking the fire, but why is the hub such a great thing? I see how it works and that every single notification is in there but without rhyme or reason. A personal Mail might be on top of a text on top of another personal email on top of a work email. Im used to opening each app specifically for that message. A place for each thing and each thing in its place.

Help an Android guy understand why the hub is better than individual app notifications.
    for me what i like about the hub is not only that i can see all my messages in one place, but i can reply to everything within the 1 hub "app" without opening each app one by one. also (where supported) you can perform actions on notifcations without opening each app.

for example:
    - if someone tags you on an instagram picture, you can view the full picture, comment and like without leaving the hub.
    - if someone tags you on a fb post, you can view the post through a "card" and reply, like, etc. without leaving the hub.

so the workflow would be hub > app card > hub > app2 card instead of notification pane > open app > close app, notification > open next app > close app
    nick903 likes this.
    10-13-15 03:49 PM
    Having been an android guy before I switched to bb10, I can tell you that the hub and BlackBerry way of handling email, got me to stop using my laptop to check my mail. The android experience, at least 2 years ago, was horrendous to me. I have 3 emails synced to my phone. I see them, along with texts as you say, but I can then choose to look at only one account. I can save mails but only see unread ones. The peek that you can do with the hub on BlackBerry 10 is slick as well. I guess I don't know how to explain it except that the integrated BlackBerry hub works night and day better than any app I ever tried on Android. Like I said, it took me from dreading to check email on my phone, to pretty much exclusively using my phone for that. In a nut shell, it just works A LOT better. And what the guy above me said lol. You just have to experience it to understand how much better it is.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by medic22003; 10-13-15 at 04:05 PM.
    10-13-15 03:52 PM
    The hub is not that great...imo... I hate that there are no "screen" and thst how it is on all sans webos... like yesterday I was shopping with a list texted from my wife, I got work emails I needed to look at, I had to leave the text- go to the email, read it, go back to the text scroll up (as it was not newest) etc etc many times...

In webos my text I could open as a new card, keep it open flip to email etc etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 03:54 PM
    As a fellow (former) webOS user, I concur.

The hub in my experience is not that great, in particular with third party integration. WeChat doesn't integrate properly and still opens the app, and I experienced so many crashes with Google Talk (it locks you on the GTalk logout message if you lose a signal) and Whatsapp (freezes if you try to open folders).

If your primary channels are BBM and E-mail, then it may work well and integrate better, but it's e-mail (not even that many) and the aforementioned. My BBM contact list is a ghost town. And I HATE how it fires mobile hotspot and low battery warnings to the hub. Plus I can't swipe dismiss them. Nor do I find peek that useful.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:03 PM

You can organize the hub the way you want it.. for example all my emails are in the Hub view, priority emails are my work mails and other important notifications, rest is classified individualy sms, bbm, Facebook, Twitter. I've set my hub to not view them separately but color coded. So I know right away which inbox it came from.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-13-15 04:10 PM
    So will there be the BlackBerry Hub on the Priv? If not it could be a deal breaker for me.

Posted via CB10
    It won't be accessed the same way. It is just an app and not core to the OS. So it will only be available when you have the app open and running.
    10-13-15 04:10 PM
    It won't be accessed the same way. It is just an app and not core to the OS. So it will only be available when you have the app open and running.
    Apps can run in the background on Android and will still fire notifications. Only thing I can see potentially gone is Peek.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:12 PM
    It will run in the background and still have toast notifications if they did it right...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-13-15 04:12 PM
    Thank for those that responded to my question without making me feel like I needed to be wearing a flame suit.

Seems like the HUB has some benefits and negatives. Obviously its something I should try first before making any opinions.
    10-13-15 05:28 PM
    Thank for those that responded to my question without making me feel like I needed to be wearing a flame suit.

Seems like the HUB has some benefits and negatives. Obviously its something I should try first before making any opinions.
    You can probably find a Z10 or Q5 at $100. If you don't want to commit a lot of money.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-13-15 05:34 PM
    You can probably find a Z10 or Q5 at $100. If you don't want to commit a lot of money.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Ive been honestly toying with the idea of picking up a silver passport in the meantime.
    10-13-15 05:40 PM
    Well if you can use a passport and are in the US, you probably can't use a z30. I have to say that my z30 is still the best smartphone I've ever owned.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 05:49 PM
    Ahh thank God! Would love to see that video? Anyone know where it can be found?
    There was a short glimpse of the Hub icon (on the right) in the Baka Mobile Video at about 1:06.

Attached Thumbnails Hub on Priv?-blackberry-hub-baka-mobile.jpg  
    10-13-15 05:53 PM
    I had a Android once and I hated everything being all over the map. I was literally loosing time in my day trying to stay organized. But the BB10 Hub kept me on the fly, it's a perfect concept in my eyes.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 06:13 PM
    There WILL be a hub on the PRIV
    Hub on Priv?-img_20151016_103406.png

Rock'n the Passport from Shop Blackberry
    10-16-15 12:36 PM
    There WILL be a hub on the PRIV
    Here's the link for the video that FishhPoohh referenced in the pic above

wnyjackson likes this.
    10-16-15 12:46 PM
30 12