Quick question. When I clear Facebook notifications, tweets, Instagram posts, or texts from the notification tray (pulled down from top of screen) they are automatically marked as read in the hub. I love and prefer this behavior. However, it does not mark emails as read. I have to go into the hub and mark them as read even after clearing the notifications from the tray.

Anyway to fix this bug? It's this way even on MM. I cannot find any setting for it in the hub settings either. Odd it would work fine for everything except email.

Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV
    05-01-16 10:23 AM
    It's actually not a bug, it's a conscious design decision. It comes down to ownership of content. For all of the integrated notification content in Hub we don't own it or have real control over it, so to speak, to ensure that the user has seen it and read it. The triggering app owns that responsibility. The presence of the notification in the tray is the only thing we have to understand the state of the content. For email, we know exactly the state of the content and keep that in sync with what the server or user explicitly tells us. The concern here is that users with busy email accounts will start to miss emails because they get automatically marked read. It's something we might look at in the future if we get large enough demand for it.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-01-16 01:45 PM
    Bryant sir,

Are we ever going to have all notification in the hub? I can understand the need to integrate some, but some are a simple notification.
    Thanks in advance

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 07:28 PM
    Hard to say. There are a lot of technical and user experience challenges with that endeavour.
    05-01-16 07:38 PM
    Hard to say. There are a lot of technical and user experience challenges with that endeavour.
    Thank you sir

05-01-16 07:39 PM
    One last question,

Are there any plans for a hub widget?

roba5263 likes this.
    05-01-16 08:07 PM
    Dark theme? Rich text signature with images for corporate logos in hub emai?
    05-01-16 08:09 PM
    Dang it....we scared the guy away :'(

05-01-16 11:29 PM
    Happens every time you ask for hub widget

Sparksx and fadi.alsaidi like this.
    05-02-16 11:17 AM
    Happens every time you ask for hub widget

Lol

05-02-16 11:29 AM
    Lol no I'm still here. Hub widget is something we're looking at for the future (no timelines yet).
    Ecm and fadi.alsaidi like this.
    05-02-16 01:42 PM
    Lol no I'm still here. Hub widget is something we're looking at for the future (no timelines yet).
    You should make it on one page in the BlackBerry launcher home screen just like how Google did with "Google now" and Samsung with thier "My Magazine" That would be cool and more BB10 like

fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    05-02-16 01:52 PM
    Kudos to that. It will re create bb10 hub in an acceptable terms...

fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    05-03-16 06:01 AM