The Hub isn't eating your notifications, Facebook just sucks lol. And here people thought Facebook on Android was better. Ha!
    LOL That is exactly the truth - I was OK with the Android since I figured the trade off would be much better apps! Now my FB experience is WORSE AND I miss my blend, cellular remote file access and richer hub......

Oh well - I am sticking with it. They made the Z10 better with time and my hope is the same for the Priv. The screen is yummy though and all day battery is awesome to have again.
    ib604 likes this.
    12-04-15 08:11 AM
    LOL That is exactly the truth - I was OK with the Android since I figured the trade off would be much better apps! Now my FB experience is WORSE AND I miss my blend, cellular remote file access and richer hub......

Oh well - I am sticking with it. They made the Z10 better with time and my hope is the same for the Priv. The screen is yummy though and all day battery is awesome to have again.
    X2. Definitely loving the awesome screen and battery life. Miss some of the Z10 / BB10 features. But that was expected.

Still awaiting my first software update that some have got already. Seems they are already improving it!
    12-04-15 02:33 PM
    X2. Definitely loving the awesome screen and battery life. Miss some of the Z10 / BB10 features. But that was expected.

Still awaiting my first software update that some have got already. Seems they are already improving it!
    I got the update. Have not noticed much change except my camera stopped asking me if i wanted to save pics to the SD card every time I opened it. Some have said the camera was faster, but mine really was not that slow anyway. I was hoping the hub update would fix my FB issues, but it did not.

Funny thing is that someone posted something in an event that I was invited to and it showed up with the spark, in the notification tray and the hub - but just that single one last night and nothing before or after. Very weird.
    12-04-15 03:00 PM
    I have the exact same situation. Got notifications for an event and accepted friend request, apart from that nothing. Any ideas?
    12-27-15 02:10 AM
    Yes same issue here , I get notifications but not all !
    12-28-15 02:22 PM
    All I want from Facebook is for messenger to work in the hub and be entirely separate from other notifications. It's all I really use it for these days.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-28-15 02:27 PM
    ^^ x2. Also be nice for it to be integrated into the contacts app so more of my contacts could have pictures again.
    12-28-15 02:28 PM
    ^^ x2. Also be nice for it to be integrated into the contacts app so more of my contacts could have pictures again.
    This!
    12-28-15 03:20 PM
    There is an app for this : sync.me . You will have all your Facebook contacts pictures synced with your BlackBerry contacts

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    12-28-15 03:35 PM
    There is an app for this : sync.me . You will have all your Facebook contacts pictures synced with your BlackBerry contacts

Posted via my BlackBerry PRIV
    I will give that a shot!! Thanks for the tip!
    12-28-15 03:41 PM
    Lucky you. I'm getting double notifications now I have the Facebook calender sync.

12-28-15 05:04 PM
    The Facebook API is pretty restrictive in what it allows you to do so I imagine that's likely the culprit.
    12-28-15 07:09 PM
    I don't know about anyone else - but I gave up on ever getting a tray, spark, or hub notification from FB after weeks of trying. Then yesterday out of no where they just started working. Nothing was updated, I changed nothing, no reboot, nada. I was just sitting on my couch and got a "ping" and it was FB. Seems to still be working for no reason at all.

Very weird, just out of the blue.
    02-11-16 10:13 AM
    I don't know about anyone else - but I gave up on ever getting a tray, spark, or hub notification from FB after weeks of trying. Then yesterday out of no where they just started working. Nothing was updated, I changed nothing, no reboot, nada. I was just sitting on my couch and got a "ping" and it was FB. Seems to still be working for no reason at all.

Very weird, just out of the blue.
    You aren't the only one. Mine started working as well. I was like what the crap. It's like someone flipped a switch.
    02-11-16 08:09 PM
    Still waiting on FB notifications. Not getting Twitter's, either.
    02-28-16 11:24 AM
    Hi, have you had any success resolving this issue? I just got my Priv yesterday and my whatsapp notifications were coming through just fine and now they aren't coming through at all. I've also noticed that I don't get FB notifications and I can't sync my FB calendar to my phone calendar.

Very frustrating especially whatsapp is my primary form of communication and I have to go into the app for the notifications to come through. I'm gonna try deleting it and not adding it to the Hub to see if that works as it doesn't make sense to include them in the hub when they don't update accurately.
    03-03-16 06:14 PM
    I think this may have been my issue. I turned off battery saver and my whatsapp notifications started coming through.

You can set up Battery saver mode to turn on automatically and help make your battery last longer when you need it most! When Battery saver mode is turned on, your device conserves battery power by limiting vibration, location services, and background data capabilities. If you want to save more battery power, you can adjust more settings.

By default, Battery saver mode turns off automatically when your device is plugged into a power source.

Note: When Battery saver mode is turned on, some applications and messaging services that rely on syncing might not update unless you open them.
    03-03-16 07:13 PM
    Did you ever find the solution? I just got a PRIV in July and no matter what I do, I am not getting my notifications on the app or in my HUB. I compared my settings with a friend who also has PRIV and everything is the same except his works and mine doesn't.
    08-19-16 02:35 PM
    Did you ever find the solution? I just got a PRIV in July and no matter what I do, I am not getting my notifications on the app or in my HUB. I compared my settings with a friend who also has PRIV and everything is the same except his works and mine doesn't.
    Do you have the latest Android and BB app updates? This sort of fixed itself for me a while ago.
    08-19-16 03:21 PM
    I have the same problem. notifications are not showing up in Hub. The only thing that shows up in the Hub is when someone goes on a live video. Then I'll get an instant notification in the Hub.
    everything is up to date on my PRIV and I have all notifications enabled for Facebook.

08-19-16 04:32 PM
    Everything I have is up to date. I check for updates daily. All of my other apps function normally and notifications are as I've set them. It's only Facebook that doesn't work. After months of using the Passport with no Facebook, I've become used to not using Facebook on a regular basis. But this is a new phone and I switched to stupid Android, so it should at least work properly.
    08-19-16 04:58 PM
    I have the same problem. notifications are not showing up in Hub. The only thing that shows up in the Hub is when someone goes on a live video. Then I'll get an instant notification in the Hub.
    everything is up to date on my PRIV and I have all notifications enabled for Facebook.

I have the same problem but I think is a problem of the Android app or the Facebook itself because the notifications neither arrive within the notification tray that has nothing to do with the hub.
    More for about a week or more I didn't received the notifications neither on my PC !
    I had double checked all settings in the app and in the PC and everything was ok.
    Too bad because I don't want to read the news feed and I am related to the notifications to see the things I care.

Perhaps a trick from Facebook to oblige us to use the news feed in order to be obliged to see all their advertisement?

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    08-19-16 05:43 PM
    I have the same problem but I think is a problem of the Android app or the Facebook itself because the notifications neither arrive within the notification tray that has nothing to do with the hub.
    More for about a week or more I didn't received the notifications neither on my PC !
    I had double checked all settings in the app and in the PC and everything was ok.
    Too bad because I don't want to read the news feed and I am related to the notifications to see the things I care.

Perhaps a trick from Facebook to oblige us to use the news feed in order to be obliged to see all their advertisement?

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    Yeah true, forgot to mention that. The notifications do not arrive in my notification tray either. So I guess there is something wrong with Facebook itself

08-19-16 05:56 PM
    If you're not he'll bent on using the official Facebook app, and not caring about hub notifications, you can download Swipe for Facebook. It works great, uses less battery, and does send notifications to your notification tray. It also works with Messenger for Facebook. I use the two together, and much prefer it to the official Facebook app.
    12-05-16 05:52 PM
49 12