I hoped this would have been cutomizable in the meantime, but it seems that you still cannot sync specific folders from an E-mail address and choose which of those synced folders appear in the BlackBerry hub. I'm wondering if this can be changed with a future update of the Hub. I found it very useful when I still used an iPhone to be able to sync more folders than the "standard" ones, but only seeing the E-mails of those specific folders, when I clicked on those folders. Standard only inbox showed. I think it would be more conveniently arranged if you can choose which of the synced folders of each E-mail address will appear in the Hub.

I delete/send around about hundred E-mails every day, so you can imagine the Hub becoming cluttered quite a bit when you sync more than only inbox.

It saves me time to have multiple folders synced (I sometimes need E-mails from All mail, from my archived folders, and sometimes when I have little to do, I like to go through my trash and permanently delete E-mails I know I will not be needing any longer) but I only like to those E-mails from those folders to show in the Hub when I need 'em. Not all the time because the Hub gets cluttered tremendously, but that's how the Hub is currently set-up per default. Ideally, I would like to be able to choose to see the Inbox of every E-mail address and have more folders of every E-mail address synced but only have those synced folders show, when I swipe from the right and click on the triangle down and choose that particular folder.

Some of my E-mail addresses. Synced a couple of folders, but all appears in the Hub. Per default the Hub currently shows all synced folders.
    HUB - Choose which synced folders appear in BlackBerry Hub-1.jpgHUB - Choose which synced folders appear in BlackBerry Hub-2.jpgHUB - Choose which synced folders appear in BlackBerry Hub-3.jpg

Also, when you press on the triangle down next to the E-mail addesses and then "All Folders" the VKB automatically pops-up. This is quite annoying. I think it would be less annoying if the VKB only shows when you would click on the following "search".
    Last edited by WT44; 10-09-16 at 12:54 PM.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    10-09-16 12:42 PM
    First, I'm not sure f I'm following your wish list correctly, but...

Re: "Ideally, I would like to be able to choose to see the Inbox of every E-mail address and have more folders of every E-mail address synced but only have those synced folders show, when I swipe from the right and click on the triangle down and choose that particular folder. "
    You can add additional folders to show in the drop-down. Tap on that drop-down arrow. Press and hold on the folder(s) you would like to add to the view. From the 3-dot menu, select "pin folder". Rinse and repeat for any other folders you'd like to have show.

Does this help?
    WT44 likes this.
    10-09-16 02:56 PM
    Re: "Ideally, I would like to be able to choose to see the Inbox of every E-mail address and have more folders of every E-mail address synced but only have those synced folders show, when I swipe from the right and click on the triangle down and choose that particular folder. "
    You can add additional folders to show in the drop-down. Tap on that drop-down arrow. Press and hold on the folder(s) you would like to add to the view. From the 3-dot menu, select "pin folder". Rinse and repeat for any other folders you'd like to have show.
    Does this help?
    Did you find out that trick yourself? I'm impressed. Very helpful. Thanks a bunch.
    This was actually also something I wanted to ask if it could be done or added as a setting lol.

First, I'm not sure f I'm following your wish list correctly,
    Yea, I'm sorry, English is my third language. Still struggling quite a bit sometimes.
    I'm afraid I cannot make it any more clear than to say that I'm asking about the possibility to choose which of your synced folders you want to appear in the default BlackBerry Hub view. If you, like me, use multiple E-mail addresses and sync multiple folders of each E-mail address (so not only the inboxes), then the standard BlackBerry Hub view becomes all cluttered. But syncing of other folders than the inboxes you must, otherwise you cannot read E-mails that are in those folders. Ideally, those folders get synced, but will only show when you specifically are looking them up via the drop down arrow in the drawer. So, those folders do not show as default in the BlackBerry Hub view. Let people choose which of the synced folders show in the BlackBerry Hub. Surely not all, which currently is the case unfortunately.

Hopefully, c_bryant34 and his team can come up with some interesting solution for this one day. But in the meantime, thanks for your tip.
    10-09-16 03:23 PM
    I can (and do) choose additional folders to sync on an Exchange account. They all show in the list, but you can choose which ones sync (if you think about it how would you sync one that isn't sync'd if it didn't show up? :-))
    10-09-16 03:56 PM
    I can (and do) choose additional folders to sync on an Exchange account. They all show in the list, but you can choose which ones sync (if you think about it how would you sync one that isn't sync'd if it didn't show up? :-))
    I don't know. Ask Apple. The iPhone let's you do it easily.
    Of course, synced folders do need to show up, only not in the default BlackBerry Hub view if one doesn't want to.
    I think it shouldn't be a problem to exclude certain synced folders from the default BlackBerry Hub view and let them only show in the default BlackBerry view when you choose them to show up there or when you go to the drawer>drop-down arrow. It's one big mess now in the default BlackBerry Hub view if one doesn't stick with inboxes only.
    10-09-16 04:04 PM
    I also forgot to mention, that the iPhone only syncs the specific folders (other than inbox) when you actually go to those folders. In this case it could mean when you go to the drawer>arrow-down arrow and choose the folder from one of the E-mail addresses.

Also, there could be dozens of places, but among others, there seems to be room for a customizable setting via: BlackBerry Hub>Drawer>Settings>Go to each E-mail address>Email folder sync settings>---->>>>
    HUB - Choose which synced folders appear in BlackBerry Hub-screenshot_20161010-190003.jpg
    BTW, why are folders 1-4 grayed out here?
    10-10-16 12:12 PM
    Because you can't shut those off.
    10-10-16 12:49 PM
    Because you can't shut those off.
    I know I might not be a rocket scientist, but so much I would know lol. The question is why can't you tick the outbox or un-tick for example sent or inbox (and only select all mail) in that particular menu?

BTW, when you sync your trash folders of your Email addresses, those folder do not appear in the default BlackBerry Hub view, but you can access what you deleted via "delete email from Hub and server" when you go to the drawer>arrow-down>trash. So, when it is possible for the Trash folders to not show in the default BlackBerry Hub view it means that exclusions from particular folders from the default BB Hub view can probably can be done also.
    10-10-16 01:51 PM
    Yea, I'm sorry, English is my third language. Still struggling quite a bit sometimes.
    Third language? Very impressive then.

Ideally, those folders get synced, but will only show when you specifically are looking them up via the drop down arrow in the drawer. So, those folders do not show as default in the BlackBerry Hub view.
    Go to Hub > Settings > General Settings. Tap on "Show filed emails in", and select "Folder only". That will keep filed messages out of the Hub view. The messages will still be available in the synced folders that you reach by the drop-down. That should get you closer to what you're trying to achieve.
    Last edited by Ecm; 10-11-16 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Typo corrected.
    c_bryant34 and skinnymike1 like this.
    10-10-16 02:37 PM
    I know I might not be a rocket scientist, but so much I would know lol. The question is why can't you tick the outbox or un-tick for example sent or inbox (and only select all mail) in that particular menu?

BTW, when you sync your trash folders of your Email addresses, those folder do not appear in the default BlackBerry Hub view, but you can access what you deleted via "delete email from Hub and server" when you go to the drawer>arrow-down>trash. So, when it is possible for the Trash folders to not show in the default BlackBerry Hub view it means that exclusions from particular folders from the default BB Hub view can probably can be done also.
    That depends on your server. Some Exchange servers interpret a "Delete" command from the phone as ACTUALLY DELETE, not "move to trash." This can lead to some really ugly scenarios; I had to patch the code on my server to get around it, as what it interpreted "Delete" as was "Mark Deleted" followed by an immediate expunge! That's U.G.L.Y. as if you have a *desktop* client attached to the same mailbox and have marked emails deleted the *first* email you delete on the phone results in *all* of them (which you marked on the desktop!) being physically removed. Needless to say that only happens once before you get really annoyed.
    10-10-16 05:12 PM