How has the hub evolved from since the launch? In the beginning it was said to be very slow. How fast and user-friendly is it now?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 03:14 PM
    Id say its about 90% right....still a few things id like to have (Dark Hub), and some things you delete (Twitter) comes right back....
    Bucky2016 and CDM76 like this.
    08-28-16 03:29 PM
    How has the hub evolved from since the launch? In the beginning it was said to be very slow. How fast and user-friendly is it now?

Posted via CB10
    I find it is still very slow to launch.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 03:52 PM
    I find it is still very slow to launch.

Does that mean it is no standout feature in comparison to other phones?

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 04:01 PM
    I think it is. I love the hub. Mine pops right open on my priv and Note 7.
    08-28-16 04:04 PM
    It's only slow to launch the first time once your phone boots up. Subsequent launches are instant.

edit: Also love the Hub. I can't believe I lived all these years without such an app (Priv is my first BlackBerry).
    dietertong and canuckvoip like this.
    08-28-16 04:08 PM
    To be fair, I'm comparing my Priv Hub to the Hub on BlackBerry 10 (which was effectively always open).
    If I have opened the hub recently it is quite fast.
    Maybe there is a way to tell Android it is an important app and to never kill it?

08-28-16 04:09 PM
    To be fair, I'm comparing my Priv Hub to the Hub on BlackBerry 10 (which was effectively always open).
    If I have opened the hub recently it is quite fast.
    Maybe there is a way to tell Android it is an important app and to never kill it?

I don't believe I have seen it killed on Priv... It does run as a service so it's unlikely to be closed. There is technically a way to raise an app's priority, but as far as I remember that requires root.
    08-28-16 04:27 PM
    I don't believe I have seen it killed on Priv... It does run as a service so it's unlikely to be closed. There is technically a way to raise an app's priority, but as far as I remember that requires root.
    Quick work around is for the App to show a permanent notification like BBM can do, I don't see BlackBerry doing that
    08-28-16 04:29 PM
    Quick work around is for the App to show a permanent notification like BBM can do, I don't see BlackBerry doing that
    True... But I'm not a fan of permanent notifications... I'd rather have it open slowly every once in a while. Though as I said, I still haven't seen Hub closed except for the three times when I restarted my phone.

edit: But I do agree with you that it should be absolutely prevented from closing.
    08-28-16 04:38 PM
    That's strange. It closes on my Priv about as often as any other app.

CDM76 likes this.
    08-28-16 05:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Coming from a Passport, I would say that the Hub on the Priv is just as good from a usability perspective. It does everything the BB10 Hub does and can be accessed from any screen with a simple swipe up and right gesture.

When the Priv hub was originally released on Lollipop, it was terrible but has come a long way and it seems that BlackBerry is releasing updates to it every few weeks. It just keeps getting better and faster.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    08-28-16 08:24 PM
    That's strange. It closes on my Priv about as often as any other app.

Maybe you're using more "RAM intensive" apps (games maybe, a dozen tabs in a browser...) and launch it less often than I do so it goes further in the background. That would explain it.

Coming from a Passport, I would say that the Hub on the Priv is just as good from a usability perspective. It does everything the BB10 Hub does and can be accessed from any screen with a simple swipe up and right gesture.

When the Priv hub was originally released on Lollipop, it was terrible but has come a long way and it seems that BlackBerry is releasing updates to it every few weeks. It just keeps getting better and faster.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    While we're on the subject of Hub, is there any way to enable push for Yahoo mail. Gmail works flawlessly, but Yahoo only syncs once every 5 mins despite the push option. And I don't want to install their app just to see my mail.
    08-29-16 01:13 AM
    Maybe you're using more "RAM intensive" apps (games maybe, a dozen tabs in a browser...) and launch it less often than I do so it goes further in the background. That would explain it.

While we're on the subject of Hub, is there any way to enable push for Yahoo mail. Gmail works flawlessly, but Yahoo only syncs once every 5 mins despite the push option. And I don't want to install their app just to see my mail.

Yes that would probably explain it.

The closest to push for Yahoo Mail in the the hub that you can get is to configure Yahoo Mail to automatically forward emails to another address (Gmail or Outlook.com work well), and have that account received by the hub.
    Most of the time this setup means you get notified within about 10 seconds.

Mirko935 likes this.
    08-29-16 07:29 AM
    It still needs Facebook messenger

HA! I got a Priv
    08-29-16 07:41 AM
    It still needs Facebook messenger

HA! I got a Priv
    That is coming failing any major disasters in testing
    08-29-16 07:48 AM
    Need to get a "filter by contact / sender" option also

08-29-16 08:00 AM
    Need to get a "filter by contact / sender" option also

Just do a search using the persons name.

I do it all the time. Works well.

08-29-16 08:28 AM
    Needs custom notification control

HA! I got a Priv
    08-29-16 10:03 AM
    Yes that would probably explain it.

The closest to push for Yahoo Mail in the the hub that you can get is to configure Yahoo Mail to automatically forward emails to another address (Gmail or Outlook.com work well), and have that account received by the hub.
    Most of the time this setup means you get notified within about 10 seconds.

That's actually a very good idea. Thanks for the tip.
    08-29-16 10:07 AM

HA! I got a Priv
    What specifically do you mean by this? Looking to understand your specific use case a little better please!
    08-29-16 10:08 AM

HA! I got a Priv
    I'm not sure what you mean but coming from BBOS 10, I agree that BlackBerry on Android does not seem as customisable (unless I don't know how to go about doing it). For example, I have one personal email account and two work email accounts and I would like to quickly disable work email notifications when I'm at work because I'm working on my work computer which already alerts me to those emails. However, these seems to easy way to do this. Previously on my Classic, I could just easily change profiles to do so.

There are also many other situations that I created a number of profiles to customise notifications for various app but I can't seem to do so on the PRIV.

Mirko935 likes this.
    08-29-16 10:20 AM
    What specifically do you mean by this? Looking to understand your specific use case a little better please!
    Hi @C_bryant34 can you check out thread on BlackBerry App backup and restore request. Would love to see hub have a backup and restore function. I have 13 email accounts plus social media so setting up the hub is a nightmare.

Can you build a backup and restore function where all you need to do is enter password for each hub account when restoring to populate all accounts and settings? Also for launcher tasks and notes please!

This would be a game changer!

08-29-16 10:26 AM
    Hi @C_bryant34 can you check out thread on BlackBerry App backup and restore request. Would love to see hub have a backup and restore function. I have 13 email accounts plus social media so setting up the hub is a nightmare.

Can you build a backup and restore function where all you need to do is enter password for each hub account when restoring to populate all accounts and settings? Also for launcher tasks and notes please!

This would be a game changer!

Who needs 13 mail accounts on the device??????
    skinnymike1 and anon(5597702) like this.
    08-29-16 01:57 PM
    It would be nice to see total unread emails like in BB10 OS in the Hub View.
    08-29-16 02:03 PM
50 12