This study, University of Cambridge study finds 87% of Android devices are insecure | Ars Technica from the University of Cambridge sheds some light on the vulnerability of today's android offerings. Chen has his work cut out for him is all I can say. Will there ever come a time when people will get over the android worship? Ohh, I am just stirring things up-have at me everyone!
    10-13-15 11:00 PM
    Which 13% held up?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2789
    Omar Alsahli likes this.
    10-13-15 11:01 PM
    So then the Priv must be in the top 10% given the extra security features. BlackBerry could probably use that study as part of its marketing strategy.
    10-13-15 11:12 PM
    So then the Priv must be in the top 10% given the extra security features. BlackBerry could probably use that study as part of its marketing strategy.
    It would be unwise not to find a way to use it.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-14-15 12:01 AM
    This study, University of Cambridge study finds 87% of Android devices are insecure | Ars Technica from the University of Cambridge sheds some light on the vulnerability of today's android offerings. Chen has his work cut out for him is all I can say. Will there ever come a time when people will get over the android worship? Ohh, I am just stirring things up-have at me everyone!
    Great read! The article did fail to mention that even after manufacturers release updates that the next step is to release them to all the carriers. The carriers then have to QA the releases to make sure they're compatible with all the many different Android devices running the version of Android in need of the update. The consumer then has to wait on the carrier to push out the release. Verizon is known to be the slowest to release updates.

I have an HTC (Android) in my closet. Stopped using it because it started becoming buggy. Just a few weeks ago I turned it on to see that Verizon had finally released an update for Stagefright. Quite honestly, I wasn't even aware of Stagefright, but after researching it, I elected not to use that phone again, even after the update, as I just don't trust the OS anymore. I personally would choose iOS over Android. Hope the Android users take the time to read this article. Sorry, but I don't have a lot of love for Android.

Posted via CB 10 on my BB Classic
    Last edited by BarefootBerry; 10-14-15 at 03:47 AM.
    10-14-15 01:21 AM