So I'll be getting a factory unlocked Priv to replace my ATT unlocked Priv, and I just wanted to know if I can use the Content Transfer app or other means to transfer data between the two... Anyone done this already?
    05-09-16 03:08 PM
    Yes you can.

Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV
    nathan62969 likes this.
    05-09-16 03:10 PM
    Yes you can.

Z10 -> Passport -> PRIV
    Thank you!
    05-09-16 03:14 PM
    Use super back up on both devices. Back up from priv 1 and restore in to Priv 2( data files)

Posted via Priv...
    Attached Thumbnails How to Transfer Data from Priv #1 to Priv #2-442333.jpg  
    05-09-16 03:38 PM
    Funny enough, I will be doing the same thing tomorrow (but in my case from unlocked to its replacement)... I was planning to use the content transfer but now that someone has suggested an app, any advantage in one method over the other? Thanks!

EDIT: checking the apps, neither seems to backup settings... any suggestion that includes this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 03:44 PM
    Funny enough, I will be doing the same thing tomorrow (but in my case from unlocked to its replacement)... I was planning to use the content transfer but now that someone has suggested an app, any advantage in one method over the other? Thanks!

EDIT: checking the apps, neither seems to backup settings... any suggestion that includes this?

I'd like to know also, blackberry backup used to restore settings but content transfer doesn't do this.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android PRIV
    05-10-16 05:50 PM
    well, let me tell you that i just finished the info transfer from one priv to another... you used two methods: one using my google account (which is prompted by the device when you are setting the phone) and after, i used the content transfer app... and after all that everything, including most of the settings, were carried over the new device... the method used by the google account was through nfc, so you need both devices next to each to make the tap recognition and then, voila, transfer starts... pretty hassle-free

I'd like to know also, blackberry backup used to restore settings but content transfer doesn't do this.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android PRIV
    05-10-16 06:21 PM
    Used Content Transfer app. However, as with moving data between my PP to my first Priv, it took 3-4 attempts to get all my data from Priv #1 to Priv #2. And I can confirm it does not transfer settings or apps.

I guess gone are the days of full backup and transfer with BB10 and its predecessors. Sigh.
    05-13-16 09:48 PM
    Play some Barry White. Light a few candles and leave the two phones alone for the night

Posted via the CrackBerry App for the BlackBerry Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    05-14-16 09:21 PM
    Well, in my case almost everything was carried over the new priv using the Google option through nfc... including settings because the wallpaper and home screen setup was exactly the same... even the apps that needed to be downloaded again where there with a blackish icon and once the update was completed the icon changed to normal... just my experience

05-14-16 09:39 PM
    Well, in my case almost everything was carried over the new priv using the Google option through nfc... including settings because the wallpaper and home screen setup was exactly the same... even the apps that needed to be downloaded again where there with a blackish icon and once the update was completed the icon changed to normal... just my experience

Would you recommend leaving the sim card in Priv #1 to do NFC transfer or swap sim card first?
    08-09-17 01:55 PM
    Would you recommend leaving the sim card in Priv #1 to do NFC transfer or swap sim card first?
    to be honest i am not an expert by any stretch to recommend you any approach... in my experience, i didn't remove the sim card and all went well... hopefully more people can chime in and give you a better advice... at the end, you can try with the sim card, and if this doesn't work for you, do it again with no sim card... you know, to have a little adventure hahaha... good luck!
    08-11-17 02:28 PM