There are conflicting reports regarding Priv sales - some say "sold out" means nothing more than BBRY did not produce enough for launch. Others say the Priv is exceeding expectation. Which way is it?
    THANKS!
    11-19-15 01:45 PM
    Everyone is guessing at this point....

But being sold out due to limited production would indicate it exceeded BlackBerry's expectations......

Until someone shows otherwise I tend to believe the Google Play numbers for the PRIV's Apps.
    11-19-15 02:02 PM
    Unfortunately, every time someone updates don't they download it again? I've updated my hub like a few times already. Also how many people actually update? Like lets take those 40 they give out for example. Just scanning them and looking at the demographics, maybe 20% of that group would get into PlayStore and update. Just saying.
    11-19-15 02:24 PM
    We may have a long wait to get a hard number. The Jakarta was supposedly "selling out" outside North America and we were told that Amazon sold out of their Passports soon after launch. Profitability is what is important here, not gross sales numbers.

Even if they are selling "well" (that's a relative term) the number sold is probably small enough that it would look silly posted next to sales figures for other brands.
    11-19-15 02:37 PM