This question is for Priv users who migrate from Passport.

And I am not asking for Android app smoothness because I know Passport suffers. I am asking about general OS experience. I know Passport runs buttery smooth for OS and native apps and always heard that Android phones need much better hardware and may still stutter and lag. So Priv users who have been exposed to Passport experience before: how do you compare Priv 's smoothness to Passport?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-10-15 08:10 AM
    Former Z10 user here. Android (Lollipop) on PRIV is not nearly as smooth as bb10. I have high hopes for Marshmallow in 2016. (Rumors are that many optimizations have been implemented)

PRIVateering since 2015.
    12-10-15 08:43 AM
    The main question should be: "Is it AS BUTTERY SMOOTH as the Passport?"
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 08:57 AM
    This question is for Priv users who migrate from Passport.

And I am not asking for Android app smoothness because I know Passport suffers. I am asking about general OS experience. I know Passport runs buttery smooth for OS and native apps and always heard that Android phones need much better hardware and may still stutter and lag. So Priv users who have been exposed to Passport experience before: how do you compare Priv 's smoothness to Passport?

Results aren't good for the Priv.

When I launch Settings on my Passport, it takes approximately 0.024433 seconds to open.

Launching Settings on my Priv takes 0.034984 seconds to open.

That's roughly a full one hundredth of a second difference. This is simply unacceptable and means if I launched Settings 17 million times on my Priv, I would have saved a couple extra minutes if I had used my Passport!

Shame on you BlackBerry!
    smart548 and John Doe99 like this.
    12-10-15 10:31 AM

When I launch Settings on my Passport, it takes approximately 0.024433 seconds to open.

That's roughly a full one hundredth of a second difference. This is simply unacceptable and means if I launched Settings 17 million times on my Priv, I would have saved a couple extra minutes if I had used my Passport!

Shame on you BlackBerry!
    If you turn off animations, you could probably drop that to 0.0314159, but that's still unacceptably slow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-10-15 10:43 AM

Shame on you BlackBerry!
    Dude, you look like in a bad mood this morning. That was just a simple question. I am not talking down on your beloved Priv. No need to get defensive.

You could have just said: slower but not slow by all means.

12-10-15 01:44 PM
    Dude, you look like in a bad mood this morning. That was just a simple question. I am not talking down on your beloved Priv. No need to get defensive.

You could have just said: slower but not slow by all means.

Performed a few tests with my Priv and Passport side by side, such as launching different settings and UI stuff (can't do a lot because I'm working at the moment). I could make a video if you want, but they performed in an identical manner. Both opening different screens in what appeared (to my human eye) to be the same amount of time.
    aha likes this.
    12-10-15 01:49 PM
    Performed a few tests with my Priv and Passport side by side, such as launching different settings and UI stuff (can't do a lot because I'm working at the moment). I could make a video if you want, but they performed in an identical manner. Both opening different screens in what appeared (to my human eye) to be the same amount of time.
    I don't think he (or she) was asking about the speed but more the fluidity of the device - if that is the case I would have to say, based on my experience the Priv still feels a little rough around the edges and is not as smooth or fluid as my Passport or even my Z30 but if it's speed he or she is wondering about then if feels about as fast as my Passport, maybe a bit faster but I find the camera is leaps and bounds better than the Passport
    aha and ce71 like this.
    12-10-15 03:13 PM