Got some scratches on the screen ,

User for 10 months now. Never had a case or screen protector. It's not putting me off it or anything.

But there's some definite scratches on my screen.

Should have got a screen protector honestly..
    10-27-16 04:07 PM
    I use a tempered screen protector and I also use a smart case from BlackBerry. I have had the phone since March or April of this year and I purchased it from Ebay as a brand new device. I am also very careful with my phone, not just this one but all. I dropped my Passport once and a little bit of the edge got scratched but that's the most damage I have caused any phone of mine. I'm specially careful with the Priv because I'm afraid of dropping it and the phone breaking in two. Other than that, so far so good.
    10-27-16 04:27 PM
    I've had my current Priv since December. I use a case that covers back and bottom currently. I have never used a screen protector.

No scratches on screen for me. This is despite multiple drops on various surfaces over the last year. (Knock on wood!)
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    10-27-16 04:31 PM
    Had it in a Seidio case since day one. Haven't used a screen protector and have no scratches. Hope I didn't just jinx myself LOL!
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    10-27-16 04:32 PM
    Moderator's Note:
    Thread title tweaked a bit and shortened for conciseness.
    10-27-16 04:33 PM
    My Priv looks as new as when I purchased 6 November at launch from AT&T. It has been in a BlackBerry hard case and the screen has always had a BodyGuardz screen protector from day one.

The hard case has held up really well after having protected my Priv from some pretty amazing drops and flights from my hand. I would hate to think what my Priv would look like if it wasn't protected in the hard case. Same for the screen if not for the screen protector.

Bob
    10-27-16 04:43 PM
    I got really frustrated with the screen protectors I used because of how they looked. (bubbles and peeling). I started using a BlackBerry flip case with no screen protector. My Priv had a fluke drop where the front of the case opened and it fell face down and slid across a hard floor. Ouch. After that I found a tiny scratch on it by the curved edge. After another serious drop I found another barely visible scratch. That might have happened the first time it fell and I only noticed it after the careful inspection done after the second drop, because the case remained closed and the scratch is on the same angle as the other one. I have had my Priv almost since launch.
    10-27-16 05:31 PM
    I've had mine since April. Always been in the blackberry hardshell case. Had a screen protector for about a month. Then a tempered glass one for a couple months. Haven't used any kids of screen protector since and it still looks brand new
    10-27-16 10:37 PM
    Cool,

Well I learnt my lesson,

It's just impossible to find a screen protector and hard shell for this,

Does this screen come with any type of protection out of the box?

Or did I just scratch the glass itself ?

Thanks..
    10-27-16 11:47 PM
    Had mine since launch day and still like new, no case and no screen protector but I never put anything else in the pocket where my phone goes.
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    10-28-16 12:16 AM
    Mine is still like new, no screen protector. Lives in a flip case, but I am super careful with it since I dropped and cracked the screen on my Z30.
    10-28-16 12:21 AM
    I've been using mine for only a week and the blackberry flip case have dated the side of mine when I took it off the 'wrong' way on Thursday =-( it's a shame since I had hoped I could use it naked now and then.
    10-30-16 05:05 AM
    I am holding the Priv since Jan. No scratches on the screen mainly because of the BlackBerry flip case I am using since day one.

** Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2888
    10-30-16 08:14 AM
    Cool,

Well I learnt my lesson,

It's just impossible to find a screen protector and hard shell for this,

Does this screen come with any type of protection out of the box?

Or did I just scratch the glass itself ?

Thanks..
    No screen is un-scratchable. They are scratch resistant, but a piece of dust or sand can easily scratch a screen in your pocket.
    10-30-16 08:33 AM
    No case or screen protector ever.
    Some wear on the corners and edges (lots of drops)
    Screen is flawless.
    I'm confused how so many people manage to scratch their screens.
    10-30-16 02:59 PM
    Never used screen protector or case as well. Hairline Crack on the screen where blackberry logo is but can hardly tell. I had my phone in my back pocket and sat down, totally my fault. Light scratches around camera lens. Had the phone since March, so overall it's weathered pretty good. My q10s that I owned were tough phones but having said that I am happy with the wear with my priv. To bad Verizon won't Support it like they should and promised but that's a different story...
    10-30-16 03:24 PM
    Nothing actually on the screen; some scuffs on the bottom speaker, corners and ring around the lens, a small scratch on the back and some paint missing around the paper clip holes for the SD and SIM. No screen protector, belt holster (no case when unholstered).
    10-30-16 03:27 PM
    I am using blackberry priv shell case with no screen protector
    10-30-16 03:44 PM
    Owned the Priv for 7 months now. Daily heavy use. Installed the cheap plastic screen protector given to me free from Verizon while waiting for my Sikai glass protector and leather fold up case purchased from Amazon.

The Sikai was 16 bucks and the case was 10 bucks.

My Priv looks brand spanking new.

Especially for those people who paid the full retail launch price of $700, I could never understand why they would not protect their investment. I would hate having to look at scratches and gashes every time I use my phone.

How scratched up or worn is your Priv?-sikai.jpg

How scratched up or worn is your Priv?-leather-case.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    10-30-16 06:51 PM
    So far the only damage to mine is what the case caused
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    10-31-16 06:14 AM
    So far the only damage to mine is what the case caused
    Which case damaged your Priv?

I'm using a clear iMak hard back case with no tempered screen for now, but I'm considering the Blackberry flip case.
    10-31-16 07:30 AM
    Sorry to but in, but the blackberry flip case has damaged my priv, top left corner an inch above the power button, my fault I think, it doesn't like being removed a certain way so be warned and take care.
    10-31-16 09:34 AM
    My PRIV used since November and it has a Crack above screen and some scratches and cuffs on the back and front. Still love my PRIV!!
    10-31-16 09:36 AM
    I've been using my PRIV for about a year with no case or screen protector. No real damage or wear. It's held up really well.
    10-31-16 09:59 AM
    Which case damaged your Priv?

I'm using a clear iMak hard back case with no tempered screen for now, but I'm considering the Blackberry flip case.
    The one from balckberry. It has a hard clear plastic circle that covers the notification LED and its leaving scratches on the glass around the LED. I'm trying to pop the plastic thing out before it makes it worse.
    10-31-16 12:13 PM
29 12