In the last few months, I have come to the conclusion that Bell Mobility is dropping the ball with timely security updates. This month, it appears that forum members using Rogers and Telus have already gotten the update, but my locked to Bell STV100-3 is still awaiting the update. As others have gotten the update, this has NOTHING to do with BlackBerry, but rather the carrier. How has your experience with your carrier been?
    marco44 likes this.
    03-14-17 09:50 PM
    Unlocked STV100-3 on Bell and I'm still waiting too
    03-14-17 09:57 PM
    Bell Mobility started off great and are now absolutely awful!! It seems that they simply don't care. Very disappointing. I believe it was the Feb update that they released a month later. Shame in Bell.....Shame........Shame!
    03-14-17 10:24 PM
    not just Bell, it's something to do with the STV-3. have a look at other threads, so many people on STV-3 (including myself) haven't received the March security update until today, whether it's factory unlocked or carrier unlocked or locked, if your phone is STV-3 PRIV, no update until today. not sure why, as it's very strange, normally STV-3 will receive the update AFTER the STV-1 (3-7 days) but 2-3 days BEFORE the STV-4 but this time, STV-4 has received it way BEFORE the STV-3!!!!
    03-14-17 10:45 PM
    It's not just Bell. I'm on a locked STV-3 Priv with a different provider and no March security update yet.
    03-15-17 08:51 AM
    I'm on Telus in Ontario, and still on the February update.
    03-15-17 11:19 AM
    I have a question with regards to the monthly security updates. The Feb one came to me 3-4 weeks later then everyone else. During this time my phone was absolutely awful. Super laggy, even freezing and typing was a challenge with lots of over heating. Got the Feb update and it seem to go back too normal. I thought these are only security patches? Do they actually tweek the OS? Did phone do this because I updated all the apps but it did not receive the patch? I realize there are a lot of variables here but I'm very curious why this happened and just want these monthly updates do.
    Thanks in advance
    03-16-17 10:15 AM
    Rogers in MB, just checked and still no March update for me. I think Rogers is only doing every second one now. I'm going to ask our corporate rep about this.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 10:37 AM
    Well as unlike last month's update.. This month's update for Verizon is taking a little longer.. But I guess that's big red for you...
    03-16-17 11:34 AM
    Well as unlike last month's update.. This month's update for Verizon is taking a little longer.. But I guess that's big red for you...
    Verizon: " Security Update? What's that?"

Yes, they seem to have fallen back into old ways. I'm beginning to think that they are working on Nougat and we will see it and the next security update in six months or so!
    03-16-17 12:20 PM
    I filed a complaint to Bell, and got a phone call yesterday. Through all the doublespeak, I gathered that lots of people have complained, and they have escalated the complaint to the performance team. Still hasn't given me the March security update. Bell has dropped the ball..... not BlackBerry.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-17 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the update jakie55. Let's hope Bell actually fixes the problem
    03-17-17 12:44 PM
    Verizon: " Security Update? What's that?"

Yes, they seem to have fallen back into old ways. I'm beginning to think that they are working on Nougat and we will see it and the next security update in six months or so!
    6 months for nougat? Ouch! But I guess it would just be like us Verizon customers who waited for MM at least we got it.
    03-17-17 12:53 PM
    6 months for nougat? Ouch! But I guess it would just be like us Verizon customers who waited for MM at least we got it.
    Oh, I was just being somewhat sarcastic about Verizon's timely issuance of MM. I have no idea when/if/how Verizon will issue Nougat. But we are now at St Patty's day, Mar 17 and still no March update.
    03-17-17 02:15 PM
    Well, well, well....

March update is now downloading....

And now installing....
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-17-17 02:20 PM
    I have a question with regards to the monthly security updates. The Feb one came to me 3-4 weeks later then everyone else. During this time my phone was absolutely awful. Super laggy, even freezing and typing was a challenge with lots of over heating. Got the Feb update and it seem to go back too normal. I thought these are only security patches? Do they actually tweek the OS? Did phone do this because I updated all the apps but it did not receive the patch? I realize there are a lot of variables here but I'm very curious why this happened and just want these monthly updates do.
    Thanks in advance
    Even when it's only a security update, it's still an OS update, and all the apps get re-optimized. That's why you saw an improvement. It often helps to reboot an extra time following an update - I usually get a few apps optimized again.
    marco44 likes this.
    03-17-17 02:38 PM
    March update just showed up on Bell on my SVT100-003
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-17-17 02:54 PM
    I am updating as I type... I still am annoyed that the BlackBerry response team released this update on the 7th of March, (only one day after the Google release), but it took an extra TEN days for Bell to roll out the upgrade. NOT PERFORMANCE.
    03-17-17 03:11 PM
    Ten days seems about right for T-Mobile. Just updated. At least we are getting them every month.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-17-17 04:22 PM
    Out today!
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-17-17 05:51 PM
    I am updating as I type... I still am annoyed that the BlackBerry response team released this update on the 7th of March, (only one day after the Google release), but it took an extra TEN days for Bell to roll out the upgrade. NOT PERFORMANCE.
    Good on ya! But still no sign of the March update coming to my unbranded unlocked STV 3, it's 18 march now..
    03-17-17 06:26 PM