I was wondering what some of your experiences were with the Blackberry leather flip case. I initially had the Incipio clear plastic case, which I really like, but what concerns me about it is it offers zero protection for the screen.

I bought the leather Blackberry flip case online, in addition to a tempered glass screen protector, and got both of them in the mail. I love the look of the leather case and it seems to be durable, though I am concerned about the fact that it doesn't have a latch to keep the cover closed.

I had a Stilgut flipcase on my Classic, which had a latch, and I dropped it on the sidewalk one day and the phone literally went flying out of the case and skidded across the pavement. Luckily it didn't sustain any serious damage aside from a couple of little scrapes, but I was surprised/disappointed by the case's failure at holding the phone inside. I have a similar concern about this case, given the plastic backing that holds it in place doesn't exactly seem strong, which is what I think the problem was with the Stilgut on the Classic—there's just no padding, and when the phone hits something on impact, it seems to pop right out of the plastic.

In any case, I put the tempered glass screen protector on the phone (which was a really weird experience as I've never applied one of them before), so I feel relatively confident it will be okay if it hits the ground face-first, but I was wondering if anyone had any drop experiences with this case, and whether or not it actually did anything to protect the phone? I'm considering putting a binder clip on the side of the case to hold it shut should I drop it on a hard surface.
    09-24-16 04:06 PM
    I was wondering what some of your experiences were with the Blackberry leather flip case. I initially had the Incipio clear plastic case, which I really like, but what concerns me about it is it offers zero protection for the screen.

I bought the leather Blackberry flip case online, in addition to a tempered glass screen protector, and got both of them in the mail. I love the look of the leather case and it seems to be durable, though I am concerned about the fact that it doesn't have a latch to keep the cover closed.

I had a Stilgut flipcase on my Classic, which had a latch, and I dropped it on the sidewalk one day and the phone literally went flying out of the case and skidded across the pavement. Luckily it didn't sustain any serious damage aside from a couple of little scrapes, but I was surprised/disappointed by the case's failure at holding the phone inside. I have a similar concern about this case, given the plastic backing that holds it in place doesn't exactly seem strong, which is what I think the problem was with the Stilgut on the Classic—there's just no padding, and when the phone hits something on impact, it seems to pop right out of the plastic.

In any case, I put the tempered glass screen protector on the phone (which was a really weird experience as I've never applied one of them before), so I feel relatively confident it will be okay if it hits the ground face-first, but I was wondering if anyone had any drop experiences with this case, and whether or not it actually did anything to protect the phone? I'm considering putting a binder clip on the side of the case to hold it shut should I drop it on a hard surface.
    And I replaced the BB Flip with the Stilgut due to the clip that can HOPEFULLY keep it closed.
    09-24-16 05:57 PM
    I dropped mine and wouldn't you know the thing fell face first and the case of course opened.

What glass protected did you use?

#workwide #OG Black
    09-24-16 07:08 PM
    Dropped mine today in the flip case. Phone popped right out of it, and now I've got a little nick in the upper right corner of the phone. Glass is fine, but I'm kinda pissed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-16 07:51 PM
    I've dropped my Priv many times. I have butter fingers.

It never popped out of case but landed on screen most of time with flip open. Now my screen has a little crack at top corner. So putting screen protector is a good idea.

Otherwise, case works fine for light weight protection for me so far.

Last edited by kazakoshi; 09-25-16 at 01:00 PM.
    09-24-16 08:11 PM
    I have butterfingers too, and that's what worries me—sorry about both of your drop instances/damage. There's nothing quite like watching your phone hit the ground in slow motion, let alone have it go flying out of the case you spent $30+ on to protect it.

That's exactly what happened with my Classic when I had it in the Stilgut case. I was walking up out of the subway and went to check my messages, and just as I got to the street, it fumbled out of my hands, hit the ground, and sprung itself out of the case. That's how I know it doesn't matter if there's a clip on the case or not, unless it's secured tightly with velcro or a push-button.

The BB leather case is beautiful and I love the window and sleep feature on it. I know it will protect the phone while carrying it around the house or as it's being jostled around in my backpack, but it's the dropping-on-the-sidewalk scenarios that worry me.

If it makes you feel any better, I ask because this is my second Priv in one week. I ruined the first one by getting liquid in it while applying one of those stupid wet-application screen protectors, so I want to make sure I take the utmost care of its pricy replacement that I had to crack open my wallet for.
    09-24-16 09:07 PM
    The cover on mine is so secure it's like a magnet when closed. Very happy with it. I also got a second one on eBay, albeit non-OEM. Works great as well.
    09-24-16 10:51 PM
    I am using the BlackBerry flip case since January 2016. It is found to be very secure and provides ample protection to the device particularly the rear cam and the fragile screen.

*BlackBerry*Priv  Marshmallow AAG111 on Etisalat 4G Network
    09-24-16 11:26 PM
    The cover on mine is so secure it's like a magnet when closed. Very happy with it. I also got a second one on eBay, albeit non-OEM. Works great as well.
    I have the OEM one which does seem to have a bit of a magnetic pull to it when you close it (I believe the magnets are in there to put the device into sleep mode when the case closes?)

I just worry about the phone coming out of the plastic holster part in the event of a drop. It seems to have enough of an edge on the top and bottom/sides to keep the phone from getting any major damage—that is, if it stays put on impact.
    09-25-16 02:59 AM
    Dropped mine twice and both times it came flying out across the ground. It broke my power button.

09-26-16 12:21 PM
    Dropped my PRIV numerous times, lost count. However even hitting the ground ,the flip case did protect my device as it was designed to. My screen never cracked at each instance but yes there are minor nicks. I like the flip case but I use a side holster as well when I need to use both hands for something. the holster case is a generic that fits the PRIV with flip case.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    09-26-16 02:09 PM
    I like the leather flip case. The only thing I would have liked it to have, is a magnetic leather closure flap to hold the front closed. It has protected my Priv well so far, but there is always the risk that on a drop, the front cover will open and it will still land on the screen and crack it.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-26-16 02:27 PM
    I do like the leather flip case. I purchased it to provide light protection against scratches in the pocket or in a backpack / travel bag. I am not confident it would do much to help if I dropped it on a hard surface such as a concrete floor, sidewalk or road.

The only item I would be confident with to protect te PRIV in all cases wold be something like an OtterBox that encases the whole phone. No such item exists so I simply use caution when pulling out the phone - generally when I am not in a situation where I am hurried or distracted. Too easy to get bumped, jostled or accidentally drop the phone because I pulled it put too hastily.
    09-26-16 02:54 PM
    Cover opening during a fall is exactly the reason why I got this one instead:

TETDED Premium Leather Wallet for mobile -- Vouhe (Prestige: Black) - TETDED LIMITED

See my review here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...heavy-1058476/

Nine months later, some wear and scuffs on the clipping areas (that hold in the phone); exterior, looks fabulous. Not a single scratch on my Priv despite many drops. Holds two credit cards, my drivers license, ATM card, and a couple of business cards.

Cheers.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-16 03:08 PM
    Have dropped the phone 4 - 5 times ! Fortunately the flip top cover remain close and had no scratches on the phone or the screen.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    09-26-16 06:41 PM