How is it possible that Facebook is checking my location over 25 times in a ten minutes period??? Wtf this is brutal what's wrong with it? I can't say I've ever experienced this with this phone. Help
    04-11-17 07:34 AM
    Your are lucky you have a BlackBerry secured PRIV. go to DTEK app and disable permissions for Facebook. In particular location.
    04-11-17 07:36 AM
    Yes this was my exact thought, but in doing so will it screw up the app??
    04-11-17 08:41 AM
    Just turn off the location services for FB.
    04-11-17 03:32 PM
    No impact to app whatsoever. Also keep in mind Facebook is a battery hog. I disabled it and installed a Facebook client app called Swipe Pro works perfectly even has a dark theme and hardly any battery use. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    bluesqueen23 and glwerry like this.
    04-11-17 04:47 PM
    You will have to turn it back on if you ever want to do a check-in but you can just turn it back off after. Annoyance, but it solves the issue
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-11-17 06:48 PM
    You will have to turn it back on if you ever want to do a check-in but you can just turn it back off after. Annoyance, but it solves the issue
    This is exactly what I do. I keep all location services off until I need it for routing, etc.
    04-11-17 06:50 PM
    In addition to keeping location services turned off, here are my other settings for the official FB app. It uses very little battery.
    Attached Thumbnails How is it possible that Facebook is checking my location over 25 times in a ten minutes period?-11943.jpg  
    04-11-17 08:06 PM
    In addition to keeping location services turned off, here are my other settings for the official FB app. It uses very little battery.
    ??
    04-11-17 08:46 PM
    Depending on how much you use FB you could choose to put a web shortcut on your phone as well. And you can set it up to give notifications. It is a bit less convenient but I went in that direction when the app started draining the battery in one of the updates; I haven't really missed the app much.
    04-11-17 10:29 PM
    What's this all about, im doing what you suggested eh ?
    Attached Thumbnails How is it possible that Facebook is checking my location over 25 times in a ten minutes period?-68198.jpg  
    04-11-17 10:42 PM
    I don't really know what's technologically behind the issue but it means you canNOT change Permissions until you disable (temporarily) the screen overlay. If you follow the prompt and Open Settings, you will be able to toggle it and then change the permissions you want.
    04-11-17 11:09 PM
    ??
    Constantly syncing contacts eats a lot of battery power. Also, when you actually use the FB app and the videos are set to auto-play, they use both battery and data.

The 'light' clients are basically the official app with these features disabled.
    04-13-17 01:02 PM
    Constantly syncing contacts eats a lot of battery power. Also, when you actually use the FB app and the videos are set to auto-play, they use both battery and data.

The 'light' clients are basically the official app with these features disabled.
    My apologies...when I looked at your post the first time, the pic had not been included yet, so that was why I put the "??"

I actually have my settings the same as yours so that must be why I have no complaints about it being a battery hog.
    04-13-17 04:05 PM
    Actually this is the wrong area to change the settings as posted above. You want to go into the app, click the three horizontal lines in upper right and scroll down and click on "app settings"
    04-13-17 04:09 PM