Just curious. If you were using BB10 and jumped to the Priv, are you glad you did or are you unhappy with Android and prefer BB10?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    06-26-16 08:30 PM
    In the beginning I was not so thrilled! I'm not sure if I feel the same , I'm used to the Android but still think it's not up to date with bb10. It's funny cause bb10 is so ahead and yet still behind.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    vpblaze, Gebo, WBSnow and 4 others like this.
    06-26-16 08:55 PM
    I would prefer Google Play on OS10, if that makes sense. I am getting used to the Priv's operating system and way of doing things tho and Google does have some really cool features, albeit creepy too. But OS10 is smooth, love the swipes and multi tasking. Love the Hub on OS10 altho the Hub on the Priv is not too bad with updates. I am overall quite thrilled that I can get all the apps that I need on my Priv and still keep using some of the BlackBerry goodness.

Posted via my Priv
    rcab, jegs2, Graheem and 3 others like this.
    06-26-16 09:42 PM
    I still prefer the OS10 compared to Android. The main thing being the Hub on BB10 is much more buttery smooth.
    However, there is one app I can't do without right now and that's Spotify, so regardless to say, I find myself keep bouncing back to my Priv.
    At the end of the day, the Priv and Android get the job done, just not as comfortable as BB10 was to me.
    As stated above, if BB10 could run Android apps perfectly, then it wouldn't be a question with me.
    06-26-16 09:47 PM
    For me definitely BlackBerry 10 is a better , more powerful system. However I don't regret the switch because of the limited support of apps within BlackBerry 10.
    cgallaer likes this.
    06-26-16 09:48 PM
    I've come to like the Android ecosystem and don't look back. It really is a gross mismanagement by all BlackBerry over the years to have lost market share the way it did.

Graheem, Elite1 and raremage like this.
    06-26-16 09:52 PM
    Because it can be perfectly tuned and customised to one's specific needs and workflow, Android is hard to beat. BB10 is pretty good, but for only an extremely narrow range of activities.
    06-26-16 09:52 PM
    I prefer BB10 for email, text, and navigating the vital parts of the OS. Android does more things. Period.

Graheem likes this.
    06-26-16 11:11 PM
    For me, as long as Blackberry said our device are secured Im ok with it Priv's huge apps ecosystem is a big plus

No regrets whatsoever.

Norg likes this.
    06-26-16 11:19 PM
    I still swipe up on my Priv in an attempt to awaken it, and I find myself swiping up to close out applications.

Doesn't work that way.

Still, the device is very capable and has access to far more applications than did my Q10. And the screen is much bigger, so I can read stuff without taking off my glasses and squinting at the screen ... so there's that.
    sonicpix and anon(7915689) like this.
    06-26-16 11:28 PM
    I like Android but would prefer a Android based Classic over the priv. The keyboard on the classic is so much better in my opinion. As far as Android vs blackberry 10 android is the better operating system

john_v likes this.
    06-27-16 05:21 AM
    At the end of the day, they're all just screwdrivers and hammers to me. Which does the "job" better.

Android does this better. I loved BB10 and it was well designed but too limited on the 3rd party app front which was a shame. The platform was definitely well built. BB10 should have come out in 2009 when Blackberry was still a leader.
    jegs2, tfitzpat03, Norg and 1 others like this.
    06-27-16 05:39 AM
    BB10 will always be remembered to me as a truly great os with tons of potential but the lack of support killed it.

I'm on android MM with my priv and have experienced androids since jellybean, android has definitely caught up in some areas and excelled in others but bb10 does have some edge especially the flow and gestures, microkernel behaviour, multitasking of the os which will probably never be topped by others.

06-27-16 05:47 AM
    BB10 is good but Priv is better i'm happy to choose priv
    06-27-16 05:50 AM
    No doubt in my mind - I prefer bb10. But my daily driver is the Priv because it doesn't have the limits / restrictions of bb10.

As an OS, I think bb10 was the better platform, but that's irrelevant today. BlackBerry missed the opportunity with more poor execution.
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    06-27-16 06:56 AM
    Only issues I have is that I absolutely miss ALL the BB10 gestures (and NO a different "launcher" isn't the same as BB10 gestures, stock BB10 file management (and NO the available Android Apps aren't the same as the BB10 file management) and BB10 HUB (and NO the watered down crippled version of Android HUB is NOT good enough). If BlackBerry could get Android even at least 40% closer to what BB10 was I'd be pleased, but it is what it is and so far I'm pleased with my PRIV and I totally understand that BB10 is an OS and Android can't do some of the things I wish for but there's always hope for Android N.

glenard and skinnymike1 like this.
    06-27-16 07:09 AM
    I will always prefer BB10, for the reasons many People already said.
    I moved to Priv and Android due to app compatibility.
    Google sucks in too many aspects, but I cannot deny reality!!

06-27-16 08:09 AM
    Like most posters have said... BB10 is a better OS to use. It's just more fluid and faster. However, one can't deny the App situation. It's the reason why I won't go back to BB10. My wife will be dumping her Z30 soon because of the same reasoning.

06-27-16 09:46 AM
    As far as overall UI experience goes, I prefer BB10. As far as overall app ecosystem, I prefer Android. If developers all of a sudden started developing for BB10 again, I would go back in half a heart beat!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-27-16 10:32 AM
    So I guess people who have been from bb10 to Android loves it b'coz of the apps and I guess they must be happy also b'coz now Google can spy on them, even BlackBerry couldn't make android that secure as bb10.

I was using bb10 starting from Z10,30, then Passport Black, Got Priv to try it out, I used Priv for a month, sold it on ebay with fair price and got myself Passport Silver Edition,

I am not a big app guy I love the simplicity of bb10, surely android have App benefits but the productivity, Hub, Security, Gesture benefits bb10 have android will never.

Will enjoy my Passport till it works before I choose iphone

Posted via CB10
    06-27-16 10:41 AM
    So I guess people who have been from bb10 to Android loves it b'coz of the apps and I guess they must be happy also b'coz now Google can spy on them, even BlackBerry couldn't make android that secure as bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Apps, yes. But also specs, form factor, customisation, compatibility with EMM solutions and business collaboration tools, superior media capabilities, better integration with car audio and home automation, remote file access, vpn solutions, camera, social networking, instant messaging, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I would choose a large ecosystem that direct markets, over a non-existent one that doesn't.

As far as your statement of security, I am curious as to what specific threat you are referring to.

Priv STV100-1 AAF518 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    Last edited by conite; 06-27-16 at 11:10 AM.
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-27-16 10:51 AM
    Why is it easier to type, "b'coz" than "because"?
    06-27-16 10:59 AM
    I do. I miss some things but I wouldn't go back now.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    06-27-16 11:05 AM
    I miss BlackBerry OS10..
    06-27-16 11:15 AM
    I am curious as to what specific threat you are referring to.
    The same security which BlackBerry keeps on talking about

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-28-16 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Repaired quote
    06-27-16 11:50 AM
132 123 ...