I just did the animation hack, but waiting to see if it's just placebo because the animations sped up.

My real issue is after a few days of usage, the launcher starts delay opening the drawer, masonry switcher slowing, and running a bit warm near the volume buttons even when there isn't much running.
    That's so strange.

Is it possible you do something unique that repeatedly corrupts your cache?
    03-07-17 07:38 PM
    That's so strange.

Is it possible you do something unique that repeatedly corrupts your cache?
    Not really, I'm not doing anything out of ordinary. Good/BlackBerry Work, Weather Underground, Tasker, Google Play Music and/or Spotify.

Reboot fixes it usually but at some point it slows down again. How long, it varies a bit though, but usually after a week or so.
    03-07-17 07:41 PM
    Not really, I'm not doing anything out of ordinary. Good/BlackBerry Work, Weather Underground, Tasker, Google Play Music and/or Spotify.

Reboot fixes it usually but at some point it slows down again. How long, it varies a bit though, but usually after a week or so.
    Instead of rebooting, try clearing the entire app cache (settings, storage, internal, cached data). It would be a good test.
    03-07-17 07:44 PM
    I have found keeping double tap to wake 'off' helps also.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-08-17 03:23 AM
    OK, so definitely the animation thing didn't help with the random slowdowns, because now it actually made the delays even more obvious. Press the drawer, wait, then POOF it just bounces out.

I did however like the more rapid animations. While 0.5 is too much, so I set it down to 0.75 now (via adb).

Think I'll keep it as-is for now, and wait for the March update. Doesn't affect my daily work much.
    03-08-17 08:20 PM
55 123