I'm considering to change from Passport to Priv but not sure what battery life will be good for me. Could Priv owners share your battery usage per day for me (and also the others who want to know these too).

If possible, please tell me that what time you've plugged out and what time to recharge again. What's apps do you use; phone, msg, surf, facebook, Twitter or etc.

Thanks for your share. Looking forward to see your answer.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-16 07:29 AM
    It depends on the unit you get. I have excellent battery life, around 5-6 hours SOT, depending on the day.

I wake up at 7am in the morning and plug it out with 100%. Then i go to university at 8am. I listen to music for half an hour before that. Then in the morning i check out instagram, write a few messages on whatsapp, do some funny pictures. Use it for an hour. In the afternoon, i play some games, and browse a lot, and a bit of whatsapp and youtube. Probably 2 hours usage. In the evening, i check out instagram and facebook, whatsapp and do some light browsing. Again probably an hour or two. Before going to bed at 12 pm, i am around 10-20%, with SOT around 4.30 - 5 hours. That are the main apps i use, although with browsing i mean not just Chrome, but also ebay, amazon, check my mails and calender.

So all in all, i am happy with my Priv's battery life. My Passport's battery is better, but i dont play on it and really pick it up when i really need to. Compared to other Android phones, it is quite good and competitive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    anon(7915689) likes this.
    09-15-16 08:51 AM
    Quite a number of threads on this. Just a minute with the search button or a simple scroll through the threads will get you more opinions and advice than you need

Last edited by rotorwrench; 09-15-16 at 09:28 AM.
    09-15-16 09:02 AM
    Quite a number of threads on this. Just a minute with the search button will get you more opinions and advice than you need

+1...

Bob

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my BlackBerry Priv on AT&T
    09-15-16 09:12 AM
    All day and then some getting up at 5 am and bed at 10pm. Heavy e mail, uses couple news apps a lot and a lot of text and calls

09-15-16 09:13 AM
    Well, after the last few updates, the battery life has improved. My typical day is from 6.30am to 11pm and I rarely have to top up during the day. I have:
    - 7 emails, all actively syncing every 15 mins
    - all major social apps are active (except snapchat, skype and pinterest, I don't use them)
    - bbm, whatsapp, line messenger all active for chatting
    - some news apps
    - light browsing (15-20 mins)
    - 50/50 wifi to mobile data connection
    - roughly 30 mins to 1 hr of phone call per day
    - 50% brightness
    - full notifications
    - moderate adjustment to the background data settings (restrict background data activities when connected to mobile network)

The result:
    - on heavy use, around 4.5-5.5 hrs of SoT
    - on moderate use, around 3-3.5 hrs of SoT
    - I never go beyond 5% of juice by 11pm

Posted via my PRIV!
    09-15-16 10:55 AM
    Well, after the last few updates, the battery life has improved. My typical day is from 6.30am to 11pm and
    The result:
    - on heavy use, around 4.5-5.5 hrs of SoT
    - on moderate use, around 3-3.5 hrs of SoT
    - I never go beyond 5% of juice by 11pm

Posted via my PRIV!
    So the more you use it, the longer your battery lasts?

I can get it to a little over 6 h SoT with a bit reduced screen brightness. When it's all bright and shiny, around 5.
    09-15-16 11:34 AM
    So the more you use it, the longer your battery lasts?

I can get it to a little over 6 h SoT with a bit reduced screen brightness. When it's all bright and shiny, around 5.
    Ah, I mean, when i am so busy i can reach up to 5.5 hrs of SoT but that won't make the phone able to stretch its life to 11pm if I'm a bit loose then i can have it kept online till the midnight with less screen on time..

Mirko935 likes this.
    09-15-16 12:18 PM
    I am a former Passport user so I will make it simple to you.
    Priv's battery life is approximately 20 to 25% less than the one of the Passport.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    09-15-16 06:51 PM
    Have any of you adjusted your settings from the default ones, for apps and the phone as a whole, to achieve these great SOT's?
    09-15-16 09:25 PM
    For me I would unplug my phone at 5am and will have to recharge by 2pm.

I have no idea how you guys make it to 11pm. Did you guys do a security wipe after you upgraded to MM?

I am on MM with the latest updates.

9700, 9790, Q10, Priv-MM
    Last edited by Appsdk; 09-16-16 at 05:02 AM.
    09-15-16 09:47 PM
    Priv's battery life is approximately 20 to 25% less than the one of the Passport.

No surprise here. AMOLED screena dn snapdragon 808 are the battery sippers here. Unfortunate how qualcomm failed hard last year
    09-15-16 10:50 PM
    I end the day with at least forty percent. I have never had to charge it more than once a night. That includes 2 hours a day of YouTube when at the gym. Certain apps kill battery life. I couldn't be happier with it. Knock on wood.

09-16-16 01:08 AM
    Today with moderate usage: email, text, Facebook, Twitter, CrackBerry, one hour of phone calls, I was @ 60% after 6 hours. At that burn rate I'd be @ 15 hours or so for full battery drain. I've been in WiFi all day too, so may burn faster with some mixed in cell data usage?

Factory unlocked MM on att network

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my PRIV
    09-16-16 04:16 PM
    I unplug mine usually at 08:00 h, and plug back in usually at 22:00 h. I use FB a lot during the day and evening, I also use the Google app for searching, Firefox for browsing, Messenger, Yaata, Instagram, and of course CrackBerry regularly. My phone is usually at between 40 and 60 % by 23:00. Sometimes, I've actually got two full days out of a charge.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-16-16 09:21 PM
    Wow. Any factory resets?

9700, 9790, Q10, Priv-MM
    09-16-16 09:39 PM

Same here... and I agree... on the positive side, the Priv takes less time to charge. But the Passport is still longer lasting,

on the road with my BlackBerry
    fanisk likes this.
    09-16-16 09:55 PM
    Wow. Any factory resets?

9700, 9790, Q10, Priv-MM
    No. I'm on Marshmallow though, which makes a big difference.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    09-16-16 10:26 PM
    Mine will last the whole day. I get up at 5:00 AM and in bed by 10:00 PM. I usually have about 20% left. No issues with battery life at all.
    09-17-16 06:59 AM
    Have any of you adjusted your settings from the default ones, for apps and the phone as a whole, to achieve these great SOT's?
    You absolutely have to adjust a whole lot of default settings, on the phone and almost every app.
    Android, and it's apps have every possible thing ON by default. Remember, Android IS Google, they don't want to take a chance on missing some little sliver of data somewhere, and don't care if it toasts your battery and data plan doing so.

Plenty of threads on keeping data and battery usage to a minimum without crippling your phone.
    I'm a moderate user, and could easily go 2 days most of the time. 3 to 4 hours SOT a day.
    09-17-16 07:02 AM