I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active but am eagerly awaiting November when I can go back to Blackberry with the Venice. I just wonder how long it will be before someone leaks the APK files to the Productivity Suite? Wouldn't it make sense for Blackberry to do that to give folks an idea of what they would get with the Venice?
    08-24-15 01:40 PM
    I currently use a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active but am eagerly awaiting November when I can go back to Blackberry with the Venice. I just wonder how long it will be before someone leaks the APK files to the Productivity Suite? Wouldn't it make sense for Blackberry to do that to give folks an idea of what they would get with the Venice?
    It would make sense to release it as some kinda of limited BETA for testing. And if it is tied to BES, it would be easy to control the ability to install and use the BlackBerry Experience. If it doesn't require BES.... who knows.
    08-24-15 01:48 PM
    Is it requires BES bb will be dead. Cause who would take it with Microsoft and Apple and Google with their own produvicity apps?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-15 04:02 PM
    I wonder how BB is going to monetize it. Perhaps the same way they have subscriptions in BBM, the apps would validate the same way. That way if the APKs release they don't care, because you need an account to use it. What would be nice is if you have a BES subscription or BB device, it'd be included. If not, you could pay for it (hopefully at some reasonable cost).
    08-24-15 04:19 PM
    I would hope they'd take a page from Apple's playbook and require a BlackBerry ID which would immediately be configured for BBM.

Posted via CB10
    e4diesel likes this.
    08-25-15 10:28 AM
    I suppose that, unlike the Android version of BBM app, all the other proprietary Android apps of BlackBerry Limited may be hardware-locked to BlackBerry devices. Otherwise, BlackBerry Limited will not be able to add much value to Venice, Oslo, etc. other than the luxury of typing with physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    08-26-15 08:02 AM
    I suppose that, unlike the Android version of BBM app, all the other proprietary Android apps of BlackBerry Limited may be hardware-locked to BlackBerry devices. Otherwise, BlackBerry Limited will not be able to add much value to Venice, Oslo, etc. other than the luxury of typing with physical keyboard.
    Interesting, but is it doable?

Can't Google Account & PlayStore be removed from Android devices (device will be crippled but still)?

 Q5 / Z30
    08-26-15 10:52 AM
    I suppose that hardware dependent apps can be made by whitelisting / blacklisting IMEI, WLAN MAC address, Bluetooth address, etc.

If PIN exists in BlackBerry manufactured devices running Android, PIN-based whitelisting will also work. (I recall that early versions of BlackBerry Blend could be invoked only on BlackBerry devices with whitelisted PINs.)

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 04:32 PM
    I wonder how BB is going to monetize it. Perhaps the same way they have subscriptions in BBM, the apps would validate the same way. That way if the APKs release they don't care, because you need an account to use it. What would be nice is if you have a BES subscription or BB device, it'd be included. If not, you could pay for it (hopefully at some reasonable cost).
    I they they will be subscription type purchases to make up for what they have lost in BIS fees.

6 to 8 apps in a suite so if you only really want one app in a suite you have to pay towards 6/8 of them which is ok if you want them all. I never buy apps by subscription.

It remains to be seen what BB actually do here.
    08-26-15 06:10 PM
    It doesn't matter if they make them subscription.

It's android.

People will download them, strip the requirements from them and we'll all be able to install them.

Assuming that they're worth the trouble of course.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-26-15 06:14 PM