What specifically do you mean by this? Looking to understand your specific use case a little better please!
    I'm curious too...

My PRIV's on build AAG111 and I've set up the HUB to do what, in my POV, are custom notifications.

I have 2 email accounts, MSActiveSync and gmail. I disabled notifications for both accounts. Then set up "Custom Alerts" to manage the notifications.

For MSActiveSync, I set up a Level1 alert for any "High Importance" email. Then I also set up separate additional "Custom Alerts" for MSActiveSync and gmail to notify me of emails addressed directly to me. All 3 custom alerts display heads-up notifications and each has a different LED color, sound and vibrate repetition, set up.

Only thing missing is being able to do a similar setup with Views. That way I can have a filtered view of emails addressed directly to me and also a filtered view of just Level 1 emails - just like in BB10. Hint hint c_bryant34
    08-29-16 03:22 PM
    Who needs 13 mail accounts on the device??????
    Hope to whittle them down with time but...

Three businesses that I run including sales and multiple domains requiring multiple accounts

Personal use

Social media and fluff email to protect my identity

School

For my android phone

And for my work within mental health industry which requires heightened sensitivity and confidentiality

Thats also why I choose BlackBerry and the hub

Regardless, why would you not have a backup and restore function? Bb10 had it and big player apps have it.

For example can't nova launcher remember and restore my settings to devices?

I respect all the amazing things you do for us BlackBerry fans cobalt so I am assuming it is a legitimate question and not a trolling rhetorical one and as such have responded

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-29-16 03:24 PM
    It would be nice to see total unread emails like in BB10 OS in the Hub View.
    You have an option in Settings to add a view just with unread emails. Do you own a PRIV?!
    08-29-16 03:47 PM
    It would be nice to see total unread emails like in BB10 OS in the Hub View.
    I don't wanna know many I haven't read.
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    08-29-16 05:11 PM
    the hub is ok. I don't think it will ever be as robust as it is on BB10. The only thing that i wish Blackberry did with the hub is the ability to open things and go right back to the Hub. Overall, i like the direction that they are going in, and it gets the job done, it's still behind the native BB10 experience.
    08-29-16 09:32 PM
    I have 2 email accounts, MSActiveSync and gmail. I disabled notifications for both accounts. Then set up "Custom Alerts" to manage the notifications.
    Thank you for the tip. I didn't disable notifications for my email accounts and was wondering why Custom Alerts don't work

But do you know how I can create a Custom Alerts shortcut (or some other way) to quickly access it?
    08-29-16 11:06 PM
    the hub is ok. I don't think it will ever be as robust as it is on BB10. The only thing that i wish Blackberry did with the hub is the ability to open things and go right back to the Hub. Overall, i like the direction that they are going in, and it gets the job done, it's still behind the native BB10 experience.
    This is what I just wanted to say... I hate when apps do this thing where you open something in them, press Back and they go back to the previous activity instead of going "back" to their own main activity. Is this maybe how apps naturally behaved on BB before Priv? Because it's not really a usual thing in Android so it's quite confusing to me, every time it does that my first thought is that it crashed.

It would be nice if they made it configurable if someone actually likes this behaviour.
    08-30-16 01:09 AM
    I find the hub is leaps and bounds superior to the the hub on launch date, it launches much much faster now and contents of the emails jump onto the screen quickly. I am now quite satisfied with the hub but would sure love to see a Link type desktop software to backup our Android Blackberry phones.

Edit: and a native file manager, music player & gallery viewer - Not asking for much am I ? LOL
    MaxR_A likes this.
    08-30-16 01:16 AM
    I find the hub is leaps and bounds superior to the the hub on launch date, it launches much much faster now and contents of the emails jump onto the screen quickly. I am now quite satisfied with the hub but would sure love to see a Link type desktop software to backup our Android Blackberry phones.

Edit: and a native file manager, music player & gallery viewer - Not asking for much am I ? LOL
    Despite the fact that I'm on Android for years, I too was hoping for a good desktop backup software. But I have to disagree about the other things. The preinstalled Google solutions are good enough for the average user and there are tens, if not hundreds, of other file managers, players and viewers in the Play Store. There is no reason for BlackBerry to waste resources on that. I'd rather they concentrate on software updates (Nougat, for starters, I'd love me that multi-view in combination with the hardware keyboard) and Priv 2 (Is this too much too ask for? )
    Wezard likes this.
    08-30-16 01:25 AM
    This is what I just wanted to say... I hate when apps do this thing where you open something in them, press Back and they go back to the previous activity instead of going "back" to their own main activity. Is this maybe how apps naturally behaved on BB before Priv? Because it's not really a usual thing in Android so it's quite confusing to me, every time it does that my first thought is that it crashed.

It would be nice if they made it configurable if someone actually likes this behaviour.
    That is how those specific apps have built their behaviour when opening a notification from them. Those apps want to keep you in their apps, so it kind of makes sense in a normal context but not in the context of Hub. Each of those apps would have to change as there's nothing we can do about it on Hub side.
    08-30-16 06:32 AM
    Hope to whittle them down with time but...

Three businesses that I run including sales and multiple domains requiring multiple accounts

Personal use

Social media and fluff email to protect my identity

School

For my android phone

And for my work within mental health industry which requires heightened sensitivity and confidentiality

Thats also why I choose BlackBerry and the hub

Regardless, why would you not have a backup and restore function? Bb10 had it and big player apps have it.

For example can't nova launcher remember and restore my settings to devices?

I respect all the amazing things you do for us BlackBerry fans cobalt so I am assuming it is a legitimate question and not a trolling rhetorical one and as such have responded

Never thought about it this way. You seem to be a wanted person :-)

I'm synching 2 mail accounts on my device. One for Business, one for private. All other garbage accounts that I need are not synched, I access them via web-interface. Hope that you can reduce your mail accounts and also the workload with it.

Regards!
    08-30-16 06:45 AM
    That is how those specific apps have built their behaviour when opening a notification from them. Those apps want to keep you in their apps, so it kind of makes sense in a normal context but not in the context of Hub. Each of those apps would have to change as there's nothing we can do about it on Hub side.
    I'm not sure if you follow me... This is what I'm trying to say: when I'm in an app, say a browser, I get a notification from the Hub about a received e-mail message, and open it from the notification pulldown menu. I read the message and when I press back it goes back to the browser instead of going to Hub's main screen.

Back button function is defined by the Hub's Activity that is showing the e-mail as parent Activity, isn't it? Can't you change that so that Back goes to Hub's main Activity instead of going back to the browser in my example? Like this, where Activities 1 and 2 would be the browser, Y the Hub's message screen and X the Hub's main screen?
    How has the Hub evolved since launch?-diagram_backstack_singletask_multiactivity.png

The default Gmail app works that way, as does Whatsapp and other IM programs, even BBM so to me the Hub's way of going back to the previous app after reading a message and pressing back button is quite odd.
    08-30-16 07:34 AM
    That is fixed in the coming release.
    08-30-16 07:40 AM
    That's great. Thanks.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-30-16 07:47 AM
    People who run small businesses commonly have multiple inboxes they wish to manage without using auto forwarding or aliases. Also, many people prefer to use multiple personal email addresses. I personally maintain about 12 email addresses, but only use 8 of them on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 08:30 AM
    Not just any important person, a very very very important person!

Cobalt232 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-30-16 08:57 AM
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. But IMO hub is supposed to be peek and flow. If I check a message while in another app I want to be taken to where I was prior to actioning the alert not go back to the hub where I never started before.

I hope by "fix" you mean it will be customizable?

08-30-16 10:13 AM
    Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. But IMO hub is supposed to be peek and flow. If I check a message while in another app I want to be taken to where I was prior to actioning the alert not go back to the hub where I never started before.

I hope by "fix" you mean it will be customizable?

Even if it won't be customizable, it's much easier and faster to just press back twice if you want to go to your previous activity than have back button close Hub entirely and then relaunch it if you need to do something else in it. Don't you think?
    08-30-16 10:31 AM
    Even if it won't be customizable, it's much easier and faster to just press back twice if you want to go to your previous activity than have back button close Hub entirely and then relaunch it if you need to do something else in it. Don't you think?
    I have gotten much better at poking the Recent Apps button and returning to whence I came.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-30-16 01:04 PM
    I'm not sure if you follow me... This is what I'm trying to say: when I'm in an app, say a browser, I get a notification from the Hub about a received e-mail message, and open it from the notification pulldown menu. I read the message and when I press back it goes back to the browser instead of going to Hub's main screen.

Back button function is defined by the Hub's Activity that is showing the e-mail as parent Activity, isn't it? Can't you change that so that Back goes to Hub's main Activity instead of going back to the browser in my example? Like this, where Activities 1 and 2 would be the browser, Y the Hub's message screen and X the Hub's main screen?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diagram_backstack_singletask_multiactivity.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	407457

The default Gmail app works that way, as does Whatsapp and other IM programs, even BBM so to me the Hub's way of going back to the previous app after reading a message and pressing back button is quite odd.
    My man...you made a slide, colour coded and provided through examples to demonstrate your point. You a rock star

If c_bryant said can't fix this for you, after all of the hard work to put that together, I'd be upset.

High fives all around!
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-30-16 06:36 PM
    My man...you made a slide, colour coded and provided through examples to demonstrate your point. You a rock star

If c_bryant said can't fix this for you, after all of the hard work to put that together, I'd be upset.

High fives all around!
    Hahaha, thank you. But just to be clear, that's not my slide... Normally I cite my sources as not to steal someone else's work, but I simply forgot to make a link here. It's actually from the Android Developers website. https://developer.android.com/guide/...ack-stack.html

The thing is that I wrote an Android app that I needed for my Bachelor's thesis and another simple one for a course I had on my Master's study so I knew how to describe it and I knew where to find such diagrams. It's almost cheating, really
    Cobalt232 likes this.
    08-31-16 02:47 AM
    Hub is buggy but it's improving. Sometimes some items that I already opened, shows like they're still unopened, like my Whatsapp chats

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    08-31-16 03:24 AM
    Hub is buggy but it's improving. Sometimes some items that I already opened, shows like they're still unopened, like my Whatsapp chats

I have the same issue.
    08-31-16 04:18 AM

Yeah sometimes.. even though it's getting lesser and lesser but still there are some mishaps..

08-31-16 04:18 AM
    As far as I noticed, that issue with WhatsApp tends to happen if you read the message by opening WhatsApp from the launcher and opening the chat where your new message is instead of opening it from the notification. Maybe I'm mistaken, I will try and check it when I'll have two phones handy.
    08-31-16 04:38 AM
50 12