Just wondering if you have to enable OTG somewhere in Marshmallow? I have a usb endoscope camera and it doesn't seem that the PRIV recognizes it when I plug it in.

Thanks.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-18-16 12:08 PM
    If you are using a windows PC you might need to update your drivers.

Download this file: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608

Then install the files and follow these instructions:
    1) Click "Start" and select "Control Panel"
    2) Open "Device Manager"
    3) In the list, look under "Portable Devices". There should be an entry with a yellow exclamation.
    4) Right click on the "MTP USB Device"
    5) Select "Update Driver Software"
    6) Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers"
    8) Select "USB composite device"
    9) Click "Next

they posted this on the beta program.
    05-18-16 12:17 PM

2) Open "Device Manager"
    3) In the list, look under "Portable Devices". There should be an entry with a yellow exclamation.
    9) Click "Next

Thanks for the suggestion but I am trying to use the camera with the Priv

05-18-16 02:20 PM
    I just hooked my Canon camera up to the Priv using usb OTG. It worked when I placed the camera is "review" mode. The Priv perked up but it automatically opened a Camera Importer app. So I don't know what it does with other types of input.
    05-18-16 02:50 PM
    Yeah I am not sure on this one, when I plug in a logitec web cam the Priv will recognize it but the endoscope cam is a no go. I plugged it into a few different android tablets and it was recognized. None of them are on Marshmallow though so I guess it could be something related to MM.

I ended up so far just using it with a windows 10 tablet but would like to try to get it to work with the Priv.
    05-18-16 08:19 PM
    And you are using a usb-otg adapter/cable? Fiddle with connecting then powering on, or powering on and then connecting? Any switches/buttons on the device?
    05-18-16 09:00 PM
    And you are using a usb-otg adapter/cable? Fiddle with connecting then powering on, or powering on and then connecting? Any switches/buttons on the device?
    It plugs directly into the USB port on the priv, it has one button and a dial to adjust the LED brightness. The LED's come on and are adjustable but other than that the Priv doesn't recognize it.

Here is the camera I have. Just a cheapy from amazon.

Amazon.com: JZshop 5.5mm Lens Android HD Waterproof Endoscope Borescope Snake Inspection Video Digital Endoscope Borescope Tube 1.5m: Computers & Accessories
    05-19-16 12:06 AM
    I wonder if you used a usb otg adapter cable, if it would work?

Or can you try it on another android phone as suggested on their website.
    05-19-16 08:07 AM

2) Open "Device Manager"
    9) Click "Next

I wonder if this is the reason my priv does not seem to be recognized since I did the MM update. I assumed it has something to do with my charger port not responding properly after using several different USB cords.
    05-19-16 08:19 AM
    I wonder if this is the reason my priv does not seem to be recognized since I did the MM update. I assumed it has something to do with my charger port not responding properly after using several different USB cords.
    I believe it might be.
    05-19-16 09:19 AM
    It's no longer going to pop up on the PC automatically. You will have to swipe down on the phone from the top after you plug it in, you'll see a box saying "connected in charging mode, tap for more options". Tap it and select the second option "file transfers".
    Marshmallow no longer supports USB mass storage.
    Try that before worrying about downloading drivers. The drivers haven't changed, the phone has.
    05-22-16 05:12 PM
    It's no longer going to pop up on the PC automatically. You will have to swipe down on the phone from the top after you plug it in, you'll see a box saying "connected in charging mode, tap for more options". Tap it and select the second option "file transfers".
    Marshmallow no longer supports USB mass storage.
    Try that before worrying about downloading drivers. The drivers haven't changed, the phone has.
    Downloaded the driver and still no change. I don't even receive a prompt that allows to to select charging, file transfer or storage. Once connected it makes a noise confirming that it reads it and then the same second it sounds the disconnected notification, then a dialog box pops up and says there's an error, unable to recognize the device. Smh. Next step is calling BlackBerry to troubleshoot I guess.

Thanks for the suggestions

05-22-16 05:45 PM
    I have an endoscope too, and it is also not recognizing it. I tried it on my Sony Xperia running 5.1.1 also, it can detect the thing and tells its name, but getting a black video output. I borrowed my colleague's Samsung A9, it worked fantastically, so cam is not faulty. Lastly, I tried it with my chinese brand tablet running 4.4.4, works fantastically also. So, in conclusion, compatibility is the reason. You might want to use it on another device.

One thing I would like to point out, Priv has no problem detecting and routing audio to USB headphone amp, so I am puzzled to Priv's partial OTG support too.
    05-22-16 07:34 PM
    I have one of these endoscope cameras but haven't used it since switching from my G3 to the PRIV.

Now, I had to use this app to view the camera though:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...micro.camerafi
    05-23-16 02:06 PM