Hi All,
    Using the Priv case-less sure is a real pleasure and I am sure there are many who wants to use the phone naked. But are there any inputs on how the camera lens cover hold up with daily use? Like from placing the phone on office desk, in your pockets, in a computer bag, on floor and etc. How durable is the back lens cover? The video on durability showed that the back lens cover can be scratched easily. This was one reason why I prefer a case.
    12-28-15 11:52 AM
    Hi All,
    Using the Priv case-less sure is a real pleasure and I am sure there are many who wants to use the phone naked. But are there any inputs on how the camera lens cover hold up with daily use? Like from placing the phone on office desk, in your pockets, in a computer bag, on floor and etc. How durable is the back lens cover? The video on durability showed that the back lens cover can be scratched easily. This was one reason why I prefer a case.
    Well you know the answer already.
    It's sh*t.

This is the video you are probably talking about, starting @ 1:12.
    12-28-15 12:09 PM
    No so well.. I have a big scratch on mine and can't find a replacement.. anyone have a suggestion?
    07-11-16 03:30 PM
    I just called about this and after paying my deductible they're sending me a new phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-13-16 03:34 PM
    I just called about this and after paying my deductible they're sending me a new phone.

This is good to know. I use the BlackBerry Leather Portfolio Case which protects the camera lens by recessing it. People forget smartphones are not battlefield hardened.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    07-13-16 06:03 PM
    I have been using the Priv for over 5 months now without a case and the back cover is ok as of now. I do make it a point to place it on a cloth when placing it down in my car or work space.

08-11-16 11:19 AM
    I have been using the Priv for over 5 months now without a case and the back cover is ok as of now. I do make it a point to place it on a cloth when placing it down in my car or work space.

And I keep mine in a microfiber bag or in a ziplock baggy. I want my lens kept clean so that the microfiber bag both protects it from pocket lint and objects as well as kind of cleaning it when inserted and removed. The ziplock is used when hiking or throwing in a backpack pocket. Protects from sweat and also the grit that can accumulate in a pocket or pack. For instance I did collect some nicely shaped beach rocks with barnacles and with small sand particles might wind up in a pocket that the priv might follow. Inside a bag it is more protected than not.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    08-11-16 12:04 PM
    For my part, my lens cover is still as clean and shiny as it was on day 1. I don't use a case, I holster the phone, and I'd say I'm about 50% when it comes to being careful about setting it down on a rough or hard surface. Sometimes, I'll make sure it goes down nicely and on something that is clothed, but other times I just haven't the time to be certain. So, I'd say that the lens cover is a bit more resilient than people might think, though I wouldn't go out of my way to attempt damaging it. I'm also quite generally a less clumsy person than most, as in, I almost never drop my phones, so that might be something to consider.
    08-11-16 12:20 PM
    I used the camera lens cover in this kit...5 months and no problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Martin-Fields...UvbUpU12543803
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-16 01:01 PM
    I used the camera lens cover in this kit...5 months and no problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Martin-Fields...UvbUpU12543818
    Same here. So, at least, if that area succumbs to grit or a drop/ding, hopefully, it will only be the lens protector.

Do I recall that the kit came with two lens protectors? Not that I could find the package if I wanted to!
    Gray and IndianTiwari like this.
    08-11-16 01:11 PM
    It does contain 2 of them.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-11-16 01:23 PM
    I use naked Priv for 6 months and it's like brand new. I carry it in my pocket and slide it in and out many times a day.

But I put it back only on flat surfaces, because the lens border is actually a bit higher than the lens itself, so it's protecting it.
    Bad things can happen only on lumpy surfaces. Or if there is sand in your pocket ;-)

I'm completely sure the lens protectors will decrease the photos quality, just as they decrease the screen quality and usability comfort.

This is good to know. I use the BlackBerry Leather Portfolio Case which protects the camera lens by recessing it.
    It is recessed on flat surfaces by default.

And I keep mine in a microfiber bag or in a ziplock baggy. I want my lens kept clean so that the microfiber bag both protects it from pocket lint and objects as well as kind of cleaning it when inserted and removed. The ziplock is used when hiking or throwing in a backpack pocket. Protects from sweat and also the grit that can accumulate in a pocket or pack. For instance I did collect some nicely shaped beach rocks with barnacles and with small sand particles might wind up in a pocket that the priv might follow. Inside a bag it is more protected than not.
    I must admit I use ziplock bag on a beach too, to protect the phone from sand and water.
    08-11-16 05:36 PM
    It's been more than 8 months since I started using my Priv naked. The camera lens cover holds up pretty good. I am however careful in placing my phone on my work desk and other places.
    11-01-16 06:24 AM

Same here. Received a replacement phone and noticed a indentation on the lens cover. Called and they sent me a new phone. The camera is great, but definitely need a case that recesses the camera assembly to keep it better protected.
    11-01-16 06:28 AM
    I have had mine in the Blackberry OEM slider case since the day it was launched here in the US almost a year ago and the camera lens is still like to day I bought it.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-01-16 07:17 AM
    Hi All,
    Having problem with the glass that covers the camera. The bump is tolerable but everytime I wipe the lens, I feel like the glass is moving.
    11-02-16 01:49 PM
    Having problem with the glass that covers the camera. The bump is tolerable but everytime I wipe the lens, I feel like the glass is moving.
    Hi , mine does too. The glass moves slightly and it's been like that from day 1. I am gentle when I wipe. It holds good.
    11-02-16 03:38 PM
    DO you guys have any stickers or camera protectors to place on priv , can you suggest some? I mean like the above one but without front protector ..
    11-02-16 03:48 PM
    DO you guys have any stickers or camera protectors to place on priv , can you suggest some? I mean like the above one but without front protector ..
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0198...UvbUpU12651020

Check the link. I guess that is what you are looking for.
    11-02-16 05:25 PM
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0198...UvbUpU12651092

Check the link. I guess that is what you are looking for.
    I keep getting a REDIRECTION on so many links. I can't get to the site.

"

If you’ve landed on this page, you may be wondering exactly what it’s all about.

We’re Skimlinks — a service that helps online publishers earn money.

When links in publishers’ content lead their users to click through and buy from an online retailer, we make sure they’re rewarded!

We aim to make our service seamless and unobtrusive, so your user experience should not be interrupted. If you’ve landed on this page and didn’t mean to, unfortunately you’ve most likely clicked on a broken link along the way. Links can be broken if they are badly formatted; if you spot any again, we’d advise reporting these to the site owner.

- Team Skimlinks"

Team STINKlinks and CB need to work better!

Can you repost but then remove the tags!!!!
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-02-16 06:44 PM
    Weird. I get directed to the amazon link. Anyways search for "Martin Fields Overlay Plus Screen Protector (Blackberry PRIV) - Includes Camera Lens Protector" in amazon. There is a lens protector and a screen protector.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-02-16 07:12 PM