What if you flash.bat your phone? It may correct any bad command line that's preventing it from showing incoming calls... it's in one of the sticky posts called autoloader.
    04-26-16 09:39 AM
    What if you flash.bat your phone? It may correct any bad command line that's preventing it from showing incoming calls... it's in one of the sticky posts called autoloader.
    What is: "flash.bat" ????
    04-26-16 10:01 AM
    How do I answer calls?
    My bluetooth tells me who is calling and I tell to ignore or answer.
    It also tells me who just sent me a text, and I can decide whether to pull out the phone now or later. It'll read the texts to me as they come in, but I didn't like the distraction, so turned that off.
    04-26-16 10:20 AM
    Wondering the same thing but it sounds like it could be a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by andy957; 04-28-16 at 01:58 PM.
    04-27-16 12:24 PM
    How do I answer calls?
    My bluetooth tells me who is calling and I tell to ignore or answer.
    It also tells me who just sent me a text, and I can decide whether to pull out the phone now or later. It'll read the texts to me as they come in, but I didn't like the distraction, so turned that off.
    Good for you but I don't use or want a bt headset.
    04-27-16 12:25 PM
    The batch file in the autoloader.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-16 12:56 PM
    Good for you but I don't use or want a bt headset.
    They ain't for everybody, but I like it.
    But the question was asked, so I answered.
    04-27-16 08:53 PM
    Sorry I was away, flashing your phone is like reapplying bios on your hardware. It's risky, because if not copied exactly, you could brick your phone. No worries though for those of us with insurance.
    04-27-16 11:13 PM
    This is getting to be a showstopper for me. I viewed Bla1ze's excellent video tutorial at the stickies section of this forum about how phone calls work when the phone is in the OEM flip case (which is what I have). According to that video, the number of the caller as well as the answer/decline options should appear in the window with the case cover closed, and you should be able to answer the call that way without even having to open the case. I have tested this by calling myself, as well as having several others calling me and the screen remains completely blank. Even if I open the case, open the slider, the phone screen remains blank. If I can get to the home screen and tap on the phone icon, the phone might be ringing but the screen displays three options at the bottom, one of which is "return to current call in progress", which takes me to the phone screen but by then it's too late, the call has already ended. It must be some setting on my phone that is incorrect since it appears nobody else is having the same issue. c_bryant, if you're reading this thread do you have any ideas? As it stands now I cannot answer any phone calls and I cannot see who is calling from ANY screen.
    05-02-16 10:43 AM
    This is getting to be a showstopper for me. I viewed Bla1ze's excellent video tutorial at the stickies section of this forum about how phone calls work when the phone is in the OEM flip case (which is what I have). According to that video, the number of the caller as well as the answer/decline options should appear in the window with the case cover closed, and you should be able to answer the call that way without even having to open the case. I have tested this by calling myself, as well as having several others calling me and the screen remains completely blank. Even if I open the case, open the slider, the phone screen remains blank. If I can get to the home screen and tap on the phone icon, the phone might be ringing but the screen displays three options at the bottom, one of which is "return to current call in progress", which takes me to the phone screen but by then it's too late, the call has already ended. It must be some setting on my phone that is incorrect since it appears nobody else is having the same issue. c_bryant, if you're reading this thread do you have any ideas? As it stands now I cannot answer any phone calls and I cannot see who is calling from ANY screen.
    I don't see any special settings in the Phone app. I don't know if there's something else that might change it.

Here's mine as I just tested:

How do you answer calls on the Priv?-img_20160502_132501.jpg

Captured the picture with my Z30.
    05-02-16 03:28 PM
    See this, guess I'm not quite understanding your question:
    This was driving me crazy, I decided today was the day I would solve the problem and ...lo and behold, I did.

I went to Settings > App notifications > All apps > Phone. The first setting, Block all (Never show notifications from this app) had been enabled (although really I don't remember enabling it). I flipped the toggle switch to disable it and voila! I can now see the number of the caller, etc. in the window of the flip case, as shown in post #2 in this thread. However I don't see what is shown in the screenshot in post #42, however I can live with this for now..

I hope this might help someone else if they run into the same issue.
    FF22, HoppsBox and anon(3641385) like this.
    05-11-16 11:01 PM
    This is an example of what I have been talking about when I have said Priv/Android is NOT a smart phone -
    it is an OS/machine looking for more and more email addresses, selling apps, selling credit, etc.
    with phone calls and texting as afterthoughts and not really critical to its existence !

My first Priv blew up and now I am on my second one. I have invented a new game for Priv: what is the
    absolute minimum # email accounts I can give it and still get by. I am armed with my Z30 operating in
    WiFi mode now, plus a 4g lte Verizon tablet, plus the nuclear option: factory reset, plus a land line

As a 75 year old silver-back, I'm loving 'dis new game ! Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 05-12-16 at 08:37 AM. Reason: punctuation
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-16 08:28 AM
    This is an example of what I have been talking about when I have said Priv/Android is NOT a smart phone -
    it is an OS/machine looking for more and more email addresses, selling apps, selling credit, etc.
    with phone calls and texting as afterthoughts and not really critical to its existence !

My first Priv blew up and now I am on my second one. I have invented a new game for Priv: what is the
    absolute minimum # email accounts I can give it and still get by. I am armed with my Z30 operating in
    WiFi mode now, plus a 4g lte Verizon tablet, plus the nuclear option: factory reset, plus a land line

As a 75 year old silver-back, I'm loving 'dis new game ! Doc Neutron
    Do I win the game? I only have 1 email address on my Priv.
    05-12-16 01:06 PM
    I tried to use my gmail account this AM to MM text a pic - baulked saying that it had only been 21 hours since I last reset my PSWD. Shoot, I can't even get the standard swipe to to right to answer a call.
    Need to increase # rings I guess. Gonna get even with you at ONE real soon. You'll see !!
    05-12-16 01:23 PM
64 123