Is there any way to perform a local backup of a PRIV over a USB cable ?
    BB10 could do it, why doesnt this Google cobblers have the same ability ?

Having used DTEK to keep all of the apps out of my "stuff" it seems a bit stupid to back it all up in the cloud where I have no control at all and makes a mockery of the auto-added tagline "Priv - the most secure smartphone in the world"

Pictures and contacts are in the SIM and SDcard so those are easy to manage but it would be nice to preserve SMS content if possible.
    12-06-16 05:38 AM
    I've used Super Back Up a couple times, works well. Uses SD rather than USB to computer. Just make sure you set it to put back ups on SD. Default is internal, I guess because so many devices don't have SD's.
    It will do your contacts, SMS messages, call logs, calendars, bookmarks and app settings.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-16 07:57 AM
    Is there any way to perform a local backup of a PRIV over a USB cable ?
    BB10 could do it, why doesnt this Google cobblers have the same ability ?

Having used DTEK to keep all of the apps out of my "stuff" it seems a bit stupid to back it all up in the cloud where I have no control at all and makes a mockery of the auto-added tagline "Priv - the most secure smartphone in the world"

Pictures and contacts are in the SIM and SDcard so those are easy to manage but it would be nice to preserve SMS content if possible.
    You might try Wezard's suggestion. Then go a step further and copy any of the backups you've made to your computer for extra security (that is backups of backups!).

As for the original question - it is excellent. BB secured only the phone (if you believe their hype) and it is up to the users to figure out how to protect their private data. Google does not care and actually probably wants it. So unfortunately, you have to rely on 3rd parties to create safe, secure backup Apps.
    12-06-16 09:49 AM
    I'll give that a go, thanks Wezard.

Hopefully a factory reset will cure its ills,if not it will see the inside of a jiffy bag addressed to Blackberry.

Its great to have Apps but there is entirely too much Google in the Priv for me to trust it.
    Mind you, half of this site doesn't work unless you allow it to access Google.
    12-06-16 04:30 PM
    Speaking of this site, any ideas why the "Participated" button no longer works?
    12-06-16 04:40 PM