Hi ,

I have the new Priv, and I backed up my details from the Blackberry Passport. However I am unable to sync my Priv to my Surface pro and get all contacts and calendar appointments.

Any help would be appreciated ...
    04-03-16 11:56 AM
    Assuming all that info is on your bb10 device Content transfer app...should get you just about everything excluding text messages unless they have changed that recently
    Assuming all that info is on your bb10 device Content transfer app...should get you just about everything excluding text messages unless they have changed that recently
    Last edited by Carjackd; 04-04-16 at 07:46 PM.
    04-04-16 01:39 AM
    hi,

I did the content transfer between the bb10 and the Priv and I have text messages, notes etc.

however I am trying to sync with my Windows 10 outlook calender and contacts so my computer is a back up of my phone, but it doesn't seems to syn....
    04-05-16 02:37 PM
    I don't know enough about either Google desktop apps or Outlook and their CLOUD equivalents to know if you can get the info transferred or synced that way.

You might be able to export in either a comma delimited format or Excel format and then import.
    04-05-16 03:37 PM
    hi,

however I am trying to sync with my Windows 10 outlook calender and contacts so my computer is a back up of my phone, but it doesn't seems to syn....
    Check out akrutosync... Google it.

Have been using it since I've had the priv. Works great.

Syncs outlook contacts to priv and vice versa. Check it out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22, Eakle, anon(870071) and 1 others like this.
    04-05-16 04:12 PM

Yes, I did use Google to sync contacts to every devices as well

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my PRIV
    04-06-16 12:51 PM
    just be wary about using the content transfer app. Once you use it on the PRIV, you wont be able to uninstall and will show up as an account. Also it's unreliable and has lots of bugs. I don't recommend using the content transfer app.
    04-06-16 01:38 PM
    AGREED 100%
    Akrutosync is one of the best outlook sync third party app for the PRIV. Works like a charm, easy to setup, and reliable.
    04-06-16 01:40 PM
    thank you , i have seen that as unfortunately i had to use it, now its an account on the phone ....
    04-07-16 06:45 AM

I tried Akruto sync and couldnt get the modem ip to work wirelessly to sync. Tried port forwarding and turning off firewalls and to no use. IT was very frustrating.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    04-08-16 04:56 PM
    I tried Akruto sync and couldnt get the modem ip to work wirelessly to sync. Tried port forwarding and turning off firewalls and to no use. IT was very frustrating.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    I am using a linksys router and a dynalias dynamic DNS account. No issues here. Have you contacted Akruto support. They have been very responsive for me.

If you are relying on a true internet "modem" as opposed to a router, that may be the issue. Maybe we have a little terminology barrier here I am not understanding. Linksys routers are configured to seamlessly work with Dynalias accounts. The port forwarding in the linksys routers is also straight forward. Insure you are forwarding ports 80 and 54321 to your machine containing the app.

When you say turning off your firewall doesn't help, are you referring to a firewall on your PC, or the router/modem firewall?

If a third party PC firewall, INSURE that your windows firewall/defender is truly COMPLETELY OFF. Make sure, as it subbornly turns itself on, or may not realllly be off.

IF I could uninstall and completely trash the MS firewall apps, I would. They are junk personified.
    04-09-16 05:51 PM
    I am using a linksys router and a dynalias dynamic DNS account. No issues here. Have you contacted Akruto support. They have been very responsive for me.

If you are relying on a true internet "modem" as opposed to a router, that may be the issue. Maybe we have a little terminology barrier here I am not understanding. Linksys routers are configured to seamlessly work with Dynalias accounts. The port forwarding in the linksys routers is also straight forward. Insure you are forwarding ports 80 and 54321 to your machine containing the app.

When you say turning off your firewall doesn't help, are you referring to a firewall on your PC, or the router/modem firewall?

If a third party PC firewall, INSURE that your windows firewall/defender is truly COMPLETELY OFF. Make sure, as it subbornly turns itself on, or may not realllly be off.

IF I could uninstall and completely trash the MS firewall apps, I would. They are junk personified.
    Modem was a typo I was meaning the router.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 2.6.7
    04-09-16 07:28 PM
    Modem was a typo I was meaning the router.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 2.6.7
    hmmmm, I recommend contacting Akruotsync support. As indicated before, they have been very responsive with the few questions I have had. Sorry you're having issues.

It has been a great tool for me.....
    04-09-16 09:23 PM
    hi all,

thank you all for your suggestions. I have opted to try Akruotsync , but having some issues , so will contact their support ..
    04-10-16 11:56 AM