How do I stop the remote pin message from keep popping up to connect to a remote device
    02-12-17 01:31 PM
    Not sure what you're asking here. Got some screenshots of what you're seeing?
    02-12-17 04:11 PM
    Not exactly sure how to post those here but it's says cast to nearby device constantly and it get annoying I know it's not my chromecast because it's not even plugged in so I assume it's a neighbors
    02-14-17 02:31 PM
    Turn off 'cast' on your device ...
    02-15-17 05:47 AM
    Not exactly sure how to post those here but it's says cast to nearby device constantly and it get annoying I know it's not my chromecast because it's not even plugged in so I assume it's a neighbors
    Press down below on the icon to attach a picture!

How do I stop the remote pin message from popping up?-img_20170215_144810.png

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:48 AM
    Turn off 'cast' on your device ...
    It is usually off almost all the time but when it sees something nearby it turns itself on and continues to ask
    02-15-17 01:30 PM
    It is usually off almost all the time but when it sees something nearby it turns itself on and continues to ask
    I'm still not sure exactly what you are referring to, but try turning off wifi and Bluetooth scanning
    Settings > Location > 3 dot icon > scanning > toggle wifi and bluetooth scanning off.
    And turn off Network notifications.
    Settings > Wifi > 3 dot icon > Advanced > toggle network notifacation off.
    02-15-17 01:47 PM
    I'm still not sure exactly what you are referring to, but try turning off wifi and Bluetooth scanning
    Settings > Location > 3 dot icon > scanning > toggle wifi and bluetooth scanning off.
    And turn off Network notifications.
    Settings > Wifi > 3 dot icon > Advanced > toggle network notifacation off.
    Here is what it looks like and I checked if my cast was on and it was off any more suggestions??
    Attached Thumbnails How do I stop the remote pin message from popping up?-20046.jpg  
    02-19-17 12:46 PM
    Sorry, no clue. Looks to be app specific, and I don't do any kind of casting.
    I can guess that uninstalling the app(s), rebooting and reinstalling might help. But thats just a guess.
    Since you have the screen shot up, your odds are much better that someone with a clue will happen along and point you in the right direction.

You might also try rewording your thread title to include that it's cast related.
    02-19-17 08:46 PM
    Maybe press the RECENTS button (the Square to the right) and see what might be running in the background that might have triggered it. Similarly, you might install Bytehamster's Task Manager and see if it shows what is running. Check the battery option and see what's using the battery.

I don't know if you ever paired with another device (that's powered on (not your disconnected Chromie). Does this happen in specific locations or anywhere? As suggested, maybe a neighbor if nearby?

Have you tried a complete reboot

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    02-19-17 09:45 PM
    Ok, so Chromecast devices can only be seen if they are in the same wifi network.

If you say your Chromecast is off and disconnected, then someone is using a cast device on your network.

Also, gotten a new TV lately? Some of them have cast built in.
    02-19-17 10:33 PM