I am getting constant Mobile Strike full screen ads. I have had this phone for 1 week! I am about to throw it out the window and go buy another Z10.

I have tried downloading a malware app and it's still happening.

I have tried deleting apps and it's still happening.

This is making me hate google and android!
    06-01-16 10:24 AM
    Welcome to Android OS. If you could root it, you could remove the ads but that wont happen on Priv.
    06-01-16 10:38 AM
    You must find the app causing the ad and delete it
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-01-16 10:53 AM
    If it's browser powered ads, there are ad blocking options for chrome. Or you can use a number of other browsers.

If it's a popup ad created as a notification for some app you have installed. Going through and removing the app or apps would be necessary.

What I hate is some of these "game ads" are a little racey and seem to pop up at the worst times.
    06-01-16 11:06 AM
    Find that causative app and KILL IT! This would drive me nuts.
    06-01-16 11:24 AM
    It has to be one of the free apps. I had a nasty file manager that did just that.
    06-06-16 06:32 AM
    06-06-16 06:33 AM
    Delete whatever free apps you downloaded that could be causing the problem. Including the mall are app, none f those work and most just mine data and generate more ads. Also, don't blame the device for the problems caused by you downloading a bad app.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    06-06-16 09:04 AM
    I wonder if it isn't something added by the carrier, because I'm not getting any of this kind of thing on my Priv, and I only use free apps. I mean, sure there are adds that pop up within some of the apps, but not when they're closed.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-06-16 11:13 AM
    I'll bet it's bbm
    I get a ton of mobile strike invites through bbm. Called BlackBerry and they said I can opt out for $0.99 a month!!!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-06-16 11:23 AM
    I have a slew of free apps on my Priv (and I use BBM a lot) and I have never seen a pop-up ad such as this. It must be a different app than BBM.
    06-06-16 11:35 AM
    Newspaper has ads, movies have ads, tv has ads, magazines have ads, driving has ads (billboards). There just no avoiding ads and commercials. Mobile strike's ads work because now you and I and hundreds of other know about the game now.

We just have to learn to deal with them just as we did for all other media forms.
    06-06-16 11:51 AM
    Hmmmm, lets see.....I chose BBM to be my "GoTo' messaging app BECAUSE of the no ads feature. As a reward for my loyalty, BBM decides to randomly jam their ads down my throat!! Nice....you know, I've been in this Blackberry game a loonnnngg time and little by little I see that its getting to be time to get out. I guess its off to another phone manufacturer but wait...they ALL do this. Sign of the times folks, sign of the times!
    12-13-16 08:10 AM
    stick to the blackberry classic and wait till keyone comes out with it's security.
    04-18-17 07:49 AM
    Adguard is the best add blocker that I know of and works system wide.
    04-19-17 12:14 AM
    stick to the blackberry classic and wait till keyone comes out with it's security.
    It's not different from priv or dtek with the security if you installed rough app contain adware you still get it on KEYᴼᴺᴱ
    04-19-17 12:37 AM
    BBM has nothing to do with random fullscreen ads. If you have any of those garbage "cleaners", "optimizers", they're probably the culprit. Or Flashlight apps, some free games etc.
    You might be able to find out what's causing it using adb and logcat. But its easier to just uninstall anything suspicious.
    04-19-17 02:10 AM
    BBM has nothing to do with random fullscreen ads. If you have any of those garbage "cleaners", "optimizers", they're probably the culprit. Or Flashlight apps, some free games etc.
    You might be able to find out what's causing it using adb and logcat. But its easier to just uninstall anything suspicious.
    I started a thread asking how to get this process done. No one has replied so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-17 07:24 PM
    sometime free themes or icon packs can also carry malvertising. Users often don't think of these when determining where rogue ads arise. If you've installed those recently or they've have updated recently go into the reviews in the Playstore and see if there are complaints.
    07-06-17 07:43 PM