This was something I could do on bb10 but the priv just tells me that the app or administrator hasn't allowed it.

Anyone know how to fix this? I don't seen an option for this in BBM settings.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-20-15 02:13 PM
    Why would there be a setting to circumvent a privacy feature???

If the sender wanted you to have a copy, it would not have been sent as a timed picture.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    12-20-15 03:32 PM
    For the longest time, Android didn't have built in Screenshot abilities like all the other OS's. When they finally implemented it as a part of the OS, they made sure that it could be disabled within any app who's developer chose to prevent it.

It's not surprising that BBM chose to disable the ability for timed/retractable pictures to be screengrabbed.. Otherwise that'd just nullify the reason behind a self destruct.
    12-20-15 03:44 PM
    For the longest time, Android didn't have built in Screenshot abilities like all the other OS's. When they finally implemented it as a part of the OS, they made sure that it could be disabled within any app who's developer chose to prevent it.

It's not surprising that BBM chose to disable the ability for timed/retractable pictures to be screengrabbed.. Otherwise that'd just nullify the reason behind a self destruct.
    I remember my old Samsung galaxy 1 (Android 2.3) having screen shot abilities, but I admit I don't know it it was in base Android or was added. Yes, there is a flag for disabling screenshot and assistants (such as google now or now on tap for Android 6). I's called FLAG_SECURE, and as the name implies it is used for security.
    12-20-15 04:33 PM
    I just find it odd since the ability was available on bb10. I find it hard to believe that BlackBerry couldn't also disable it's on their homegrown os.

12-21-15 12:57 AM
    I just find it odd since the ability was available on bb10. I find it hard to believe that BlackBerry couldn't also disable it's on their homegrown os.

It's not the fault of the OS, as the OS must support it. The flag is in BBM, so it was BB's decision to use that flag in BBM itself.
    12-21-15 03:52 AM