I have a 200 GB Micro SD card installed. I had the Priv erase it (and that action is supposed to format the card). I ran a USB cable to my computer (Windows PC) and found a folder on the card that is called

This PC\BlackBerry STV100-1\SD card\Android\data\com.google.android.music\files

and I copied dozens of folders by artist into here - about 15-20 GB of .mp3 files.

Now on the Priv when I go to "Play Music" and select Artists or Albums or Songs, there is no listing of my music.

Surely I am not the only person who is trying to load songs onto the Priv and listen to them! What is needed here?

Thanks!
    anon(870071) likes this.
    11-22-15 09:10 PM
    The Android folder is for app data.

Create the This PC\BlackBerry STV100-1\SD card\Music folder, then move your stuff there. See if that works.
    11-22-15 09:28 PM
    Not sure about the Priv but on my Sony and Samsung Android, I just copy the music onto the memory card via file manager and it works without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 05:35 AM
    Thurask: I tried that, and told "Play Music" it was on my external card, and told "Play Music" to Refresh, and no success.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-23-15 05:29 PM
    Thurask: I tried that, and told "Play Music" it was on my external card, and told "Play Music" to Refresh, and no success.

Does it work if you don't use Play Music?
    11-23-15 05:52 PM

Works for me.

Do you have the BlackBerry exFAT drivers installed?

And does anything else see your SD card? If so, try unmounting and remounting the card (Settings > Storage).
    11-23-15 06:07 PM
    Should just work I took my sd out of my Passport full of music, stuffed it in the Priv, and off I went.

11-23-15 06:19 PM
    Should just work I took my sd out of my Passport full of music, stuffed it in the Priv, and off I went.

Where did you go?
    11-23-15 07:11 PM
    I just put mine onto my SD card, over time, since Storm days!!! Put the SD card in my PRIV. The music is from my PC. My PC has an SD card slot. I haven't even tried plugging my PRIV into my PC via USB yet. I should try that now.

11-23-15 10:15 PM
    Originally, I used the pre-loaded Google music app, was alright. Installed VLC because it's usually good, but for some reason it wouldn't see my SD card. Now I'm using the Sony media apps 'Music' and 'Album' and I really like them.

11-23-15 10:18 PM
    I don't like play music. Never have. I use blackplayer and have no issues with my music on my SD card.

11-24-15 12:33 AM
    I downloaded the Apple music app and downloaded my library on Itunes that was on my IMAC to the app. These were the same files on my card which wouldn't play on my Priv. They play in the app now on my Priv. I would assume this would work for you too. Most of my pictures and all my documents can be opened on my Priv but the music files didn't play even though they appear in the ES file manager app I downloaded.

11-24-15 01:31 AM
    I have a 200 GB Micro SD card installed. I had the Priv erase it (and that action is supposed to format the card). I ran a USB cable to my computer (Windows PC) and found a folder on the card that is called

and I copied dozens of folders by artist into here - about 15-20 GB of .mp3 files.

Now on the Priv when I go to "Play Music" and select Artists or Albums or Songs, there is no listing of my music.

Surely I am not the only person who is trying to load songs onto the Priv and listen to them! What is needed here?

Thanks!
    Did you install the exfat driver?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-24-15 05:42 AM
    The app called AirDroid will let you view you phone on your desktop...I use it to move photos from my phone to my computer...so you should be able to drag and drop your music into the phones music folder in the same way.
    11-24-15 06:09 AM
    I'm sure Spotify can play local files. It's a bit dire though
    11-24-15 07:12 AM

Thanks!
    I know exactly what your saying wilcardcis. I moved my sd from z10 to priv with the music already on it. Google media player read the music fine. Now when I download new music onto the priv, it saves it under device and I try to move it to sd card using eos or astro file manager. The files can be moved, however the media players no longer see the new file that was downloaded to priv, even though they are on the SD card. It's almost as if there is a disconnect between the card and the media player. I've tried formatting the card in the priv, my laptop and my z10.
    Essentially what I'm saying is an SD card with existing songs on it , when inserted into the priv are acknowledged. All new songs that are downloaded on to device, are acknowledged by media player. When those new songs are moved to sd card, they vanish from media player Playlist.
    Someone with songs on their sd card should try it, to see what I'm saying. Move one song from sd card to device and then back to sd, and see what happens. It will have to stay on the device folder in order to play it on any player.
    Forgot to mention. I'm using a Sony 32g class 10 card
    11-24-15 07:29 PM