My Priv fell out of the holster in the parking garage and got ran over by a car. It can be powered on but the screen is dead. How can I delete all my sensitive info before sending my phone back to insurance.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 01:03 PM
    i don't believe you can....
    12-11-15 01:32 PM
    Try treating it as lost phone via Google. On computer go to Google.com. search for find my phone - locate and erase.

Posted using Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-11-15 01:35 PM
    Try treating it as lost phone via Google. On computer go to Google.com. search for find my phone - locate and erase.

if he has this feature enabled. I don't
    12-11-15 02:10 PM
    if variant -1, there is an autoloader on xda-dev / priv/ general subforum but not sure if you need access to screen at some point
    if other variants you can still use the autoloader but it will brick it
    12-11-15 02:14 PM
    if he has this feature enabled. I don't
    Why not enabled?

12-11-15 02:46 PM
    Why not enabled?

I like a bit of privacy from g00gle so I disable everything I can related to...
    12-11-15 03:57 PM
    Thank you for the responses. I will try the Google option

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 06:45 PM
    I did this with a dead Z30 screen. Use the HDMI port and use the TV as everything will show up there.

At one point, I killed the touch sensitivity as well and hooked up a plain old mouse from Amazon Basics and retrieved all of my passwords via the TV screen.

Surprised nobody has mentioned using the HDMI capability yet. Easy and you should still be able to click and swipe (I have on a few BB10s).

The Priv uses the same Slimport HDMI adapter that I used on my Passport. Hope this helps!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    00stryder likes this.
    12-11-15 08:37 PM
    I did this with a dead Z30 screen. Use the HDMI port and use the TV as everything will show up there.

At one point, I killed the touch sensitivity as well and hooked up a plain old mouse from Amazon Basics and retrieved all of my passwords via the TV screen.

Surprised nobody has mentioned using the HDMI capability yet. Easy and you should still be able to click and swipe (I have on a few BB10s).

The Priv uses the same Slimport HDMI adapter that I used on my Passport. Hope this helps!

But you have to own/have the the port

12-11-15 09:22 PM
    "Mymobiler.com" used to have a remote interface for Android

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 10:06 PM
    But you have to own/have the the port

I would think most of us would have it already. I had one from my Passport and a micro-HDMI from my Z10 and Z30.

Anyway, it works when you have a dead screen.

This is what I bought a while ago and it came with an extra HDMI cord and a charging cord. Would definitely recommend...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HFY...UvbUpU12144624

DarkJoker33 likes this.
    12-12-15 09:09 AM
    I would think most of us would have it already. I had one from my Passport and a micro-HDMI from my Z10 and Z30.

Anyway, it works when you have a dead screen.

This is what I bought a while ago and it came with an extra HDMI cord and a charging cord. Would definitely recommend...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HFY...UvbUpU12144659

Many people are not "power" users of their phone and may not have the extra accessories. Of everyone i know personally (and i have many cell phone dealers as clients are themselves not tech savvy or realize there are ways to hook up a phone to a screen/TV). Most people i know never back up their phone contacts either. I too keep as much as i can out of the cloud.

12-12-15 09:23 AM
    RLTurn77 beat me to it. But yea, grab a slimport adapter and hdmi cable.
    12-12-15 09:31 AM
    Many people are not "power" users of their phone and may not have the extra accessories. Of everyone i know personally (and i have many cell phone dealers as clients are themselves not tech savvy or realize there are ways to hook up a phone to a screen/TV). Most people i know never back up their phone contacts either. I too keep as much as i can out of the cloud.

That's interesting. Must just be my job. We use the HDMI out for groups. Even one of our counselors with an old Droid Bionic has an HDMI cord. I had that phone for years before BB10 and didn't even know it had that capability.

Anyway, you are likely right, but if it wasn't for the HDMI I would have lost all of my passwords on the Z30 a while ago.

12-14-15 08:47 AM
    My Priv fell out of the holster in the parking garage and got ran over by a car. It can be powered on but the screen is dead. How can I delete all my sensitive info before sending my phone back to insurance.

Posted via CB10
    The Priv has encryption enabled by default. Whenever you reboot or turn it on you have to supply the decryption key. The OS won't even be able to boot or read the files on your phone as the files won't even make sense to the OS when they are encrypted.
    The tech who works on your phone shouldn't be able to see what's on the phone as long as they don't have your password.
    12-14-15 09:34 AM