Hold the power button for 32 seconds then let go. just got off the phone with a BlackBerry rep. I couldn't find the info anywhere so I am glad to help whoever needs it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    WT44, ce71, tw820 and 1 others like this.
    11-24-15 02:20 PM
    BlackBerry bringing this feature over to android too? Cool.

Via Passport 
    QNX4all likes this.
    11-24-15 03:14 PM
    Can you elaborate a bit, please. What is a "battery pull?" And what exactly does it help with?

Just trying to maximize any battery tricks I can. Thanks
    11-24-15 04:14 PM
    If your phone freezes and you can't turn it off on most of BlackBerry devices you can just pull the battery. So on phones that do not have removable battery BlackBerry impliments a function that allows you to do that. Its more than rebooting your phone.

11-24-15 04:22 PM
    You only need to hold it for 10 seconds, 32 seconds is a little extreme.
    11-25-15 02:55 PM
    32 days is the max
    11-25-15 02:59 PM
    If you hold the power button down for more then 10 seconds it just keeps cycling a reboot every 10 seconds. when the device reboots the power switch being held counter starts it count again. so holding it for 32 seconds will do nothing then just keep rebooting the phone every 10 seconds. Just hold the power button for 10 seconds you'll feel a vibrate and the phone will reboot.
    11-25-15 03:03 PM
    If you hold the power button down for more then 10 seconds it just keeps cycling a reboot every 10 seconds. when the device reboots the power switch being held counter starts it count again. so holding it for 32 seconds will do nothing then just keep rebooting the phone every 10 seconds. Just hold the power button for 10 seconds you'll feel a vibrate and the phone will reboot.
    I think that's the point. If you wanted to simply do one reboot there is an option for that. Holding it for 32 seconds is more than a reboot. At least, that's what blackberry says.
    02-24-16 07:18 PM
    That's like rebooting your computer and before windows can start to boot you just reboot it again 3 times. It does nothing but needlessly reboots it an extra 2 times. There is no reason why you would need to reboot a machine 3 times unless BlackBerry made some special hardware trigger that does something after 3 reboots in a certain amount of time. Till I see something in documentation that explains why you would do this I think let it reboot once.
    02-24-16 08:41 PM
    Either way, we don't care.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Snappy Phoenix and andy957 like this.
    02-24-16 08:49 PM
    Yup OP is right
    Attached Thumbnails How to do battery pull on the Priv-1456368721820.jpg  
    Gambit_DE and fanisk like this.
    02-24-16 08:52 PM
    The second reset method should be used if pressing the*Powerkey does not produce the menu with*Power Off*and*Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won�t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the*Power*key for*12*seconds

Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the*Power*key for*32*seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...to-reset-priv/
    02-24-16 08:54 PM
    I learned something today....
    02-24-16 08:54 PM
    I learned something today....
    You and me, both. I'm still unsure of how you'd ever get to this so-called second reset, I've never in all my years seen an Android device so locked up that it didn't respond to the standard 10 second hard reboot function.
    02-25-16 08:07 AM
    I was thinking exactly the same when I read that article.. and why my discussion before it! I would never have expected this to be required. Now i am curious how it mimics a battery pull. is there a circuit after the battery that cuts voltage for 5-10 seconds so the board has the ability to completely power down?

if the Moderator can mark this as answered and link to the KB post from BlackBerry..
    02-25-16 08:33 AM
    I was thinking exactly the same when I read that article.. and why my discussion before it! I would never have expected this to be required. Now i am curious how it mimics a battery pull. is there a circuit after the battery that cuts voltage for 5-10 seconds so the board has the ability to completely power down?

if the Moderator can mark this as answered and link to the KB post from BlackBerry..
    Not sure what caused it, but this happened to me yesterday. The shut down or reboot option popped up but wouldn't work. Finally just held the button for a long time (presumably 32 second) and it rebooted.
    03-26-16 08:20 AM
    That sounds like just a normal reboot then, if you press and hold the power for 10 seconds it will reboot. If you keep holding after it reboots for another 22 seconds it will reboot again twice then finally it will do a battery pull acting as if the battery was removed.
    03-26-16 09:39 AM
    Hold power button for 32secs, after reboot you will see the phone is trying to set your time zone again, I think this is almost same as battery pull

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my PRIV
    03-26-16 01:34 PM
    The phone boots up no different then normal. The only time you would use this is if your device it hard locked up. Meaning if you try to do a 10 second hold does not reboot your phone. In this case pressing and holding it for 32 will preform a virtual battery pull. It really will only do this if your device does not respond to the 10 reboot command. Pressing and holding your power button for 32 on a phone with no issues will only cause it to reboot 4 times. Try it and see, it does not seem like it's doing anything different. But really when you think about it if you pull the battery out of any device it still boots up like normal.
    03-26-16 01:40 PM
    Some posted a link to this site which has RESTART and REBOOT methods and their different timings. Found it in my Browser history (computer).

How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    03-26-16 03:25 PM
    There is a whole PRIV BlackBerry help blog on this. 32 seconds is a way to completely reboot and is a kin to a battery pull.

03-26-16 06:42 PM
    Either way, we don't care.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on the Blackberry Priv
    Hey, no need to be rude!! Simply skip over this post if not interested.

Posted via the CrackBerry Android App with my BlackBerry PRIV
    03-26-16 08:25 PM
    You need to hold the power button AND the volume down button at the same time. Select option for "Fast Reboot" and use the power button to press enter and the volume buttons for up and down. Then select "Continue to boot with fast boot". It'll look like a ms-dos screen and it'll do a longpower cycle if it works correctly. If not call blackberry support at (877) 255-2377.

Hold the power button for 32 seconds then let go. just got off the phone with a BlackBerry rep. I couldn't find the info anywhere so I am glad to help whoever needs it.

11-12-16 11:30 AM