Hey folks,

Long time Blackberry fan thinking about trying out a replacement for my Priv since battery life has been unbearable. For those of you that got a new Priv, how did you do it? Carrier? Shop Blackberry? Credit card insurance? What did you say for it to be replaced?

Thanks!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    jt597 and Quorist like this.
    12-05-15 07:08 AM
    Where did you buy it? Pretty much start there

12-05-15 10:24 AM
    Hey folks,

Long time Blackberry fan thinking about trying out a replacement for my Priv since battery life has been unbearable. For those of you that got a new Priv, how did you do it? Carrier? Shop Blackberry? Credit card insurance? What did you say for it to be replaced?

Thanks!

Tell whoever you bought it from that it overheats and does random reboots which makes it unreliable,also add that you have tried resetting it to no avail.

12-05-15 11:02 PM
    Rogers. Unfortunately I'm past the certain amount of data/phone calls allowed return but the phone continues to have very poor battery/overheating even after following advice on these forums (resets etc). I am extremely happy with the device otherwise but just want to exchange the unit to see if it fixes the other issues.

12-06-15 09:03 AM
    Can you provide a screenshot of your battery usage? You can do this by swiping down from the top of your device two times and then clicking on the battery/percentage icon.

Posted via the BlackBerry Venice
    12-06-15 10:35 PM
    Rogers. Unfortunately I'm past the certain amount of data/phone calls allowed return but the phone continues to have very poor battery/overheating even after following advice on these forums (resets etc). I am extremely happy with the device otherwise but just want to exchange the unit to see if it fixes the other issues.

I also had terrible battery life. Finally gave in and did a factory reset and it completely solved my battery issues. I'm a long time android user with experience in custom roms and kernels and before the reset I couldn't figure out what was causing the excessive drain. The reset seemed to solve it though so give that a shot if you haven't already.
    12-06-15 10:44 PM