I've had my Priv since Tuesday. I fully understand that the Priv is primarily a Google device. I also know that BlackBerry will be converting to android os for the foreseeable future as they transition to a software company. The disappointment (one of many) is that a software company didn't bring some of their better applications with them.
    I love the Remember App on BB10. I didn't think I would lose much moving over to the Priv when I saw notes and tasks, oh could I have been more wrong. In the content transfer process tasks and notes were taken from Remember but there is no way to transfer attachments. (No images, no voice notes, or Web Links)
    Not only that but there is no true integration between notes tasks and calender.
    One would think that BlackBerry services would be able to tie these things together.
    BlackBerry PLEASE BRING REMEMBER TO PRIV AND ITS FULL POTENTIAL.
    In the meantime can anyone suggest an android app similar to remember.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-23-16 09:07 PM
    04-23-16 09:23 PM
    OneNote
    04-23-16 09:26 PM
    OneNote

04-23-16 09:32 PM
    Yes Evernote and one note. I just happen to hate Evernote. Once again, seems like what I want is a more locally stored solution. Thanks for the input.

anon(679606) and Omahahaha like this.
    04-23-16 09:40 PM
    On your BB10 device, set up Remember to sync to an Evernote account. Once that syncs across, you can use OneNote on PRIV or your computer to import the information from Evernote.

Hope that helps.

anon(679606) likes this.
    04-23-16 10:21 PM
    Do you see the irony?

<Z30 STA100-2>
    Omahahaha likes this.
    04-23-16 11:28 PM
    Neither Evernote nor OneNote are as good as Remember sadly.

Also, you can't integrate tasks into calendar. REALLY???

Omahahaha likes this.
    04-23-16 11:30 PM
    Agreed. I miss using Remember on my (now faulty) Q10.

04-24-16 12:03 AM
    Yes, for a ONCE and FUTURE SOFTWARE company, they certainly have their limitations. But I think their software plans are grandiose while we customers are much less so. You notice there is also no way to backup the device such as a BBLink program. Not that the "software" company BB ever got the kinks out of that one either.

I never did figure out how to get my Z30 Remember stuff into Evernote. Just suffered through the downgrade to Notes. And the thing with Notes is, there does not seem to be a way to import/export or use them in any other app or program. They are "dead in the water" in Notes. Please show me the error of my ways.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-24-16 12:41 AM
    Todoist of you're managing tasks
    Evernote if you're managing notes

04-24-16 12:51 AM
    Yes, for a ONCE and FUTURE SOFTWARE company, they certainly have their limitations. But I think their software plans are grandiose while we customers are much less so. You notice there is also no way to backup the device such as a BBLink program. Not that the "software" company BB ever got the kinks out of that one either.

I never did figure out how to get my Z30 Remember stuff into Evernote. Just suffered through the downgrade to Notes. And the thing with Notes is, there does not seem to be a way to import/export or use them in any other app or program. They are "dead in the water" in Notes. Please show me the error of my ways.
    The BlackBerry Notes app only syncs to MS Exchange notes. This is an utterly bizarre choice on BlackBerry's part, since MS has all but removed Notes support as part of the standard Exchange offerings, in favor the trash that is OneNote.

If you want to use your Remember Notes on Priv, sync your Remember to Evernote in you BB10 device, then download and open Evernote in Priv.

Your notes should be there. Don't bother with the BlackBerry Notes app. It's literally useless.

FF22 likes this.
    04-24-16 06:10 AM
    seems like what I want is a more locally stored solution. Thanks for the input.
    I 100% understand your sentiments... This is why I continue to rock BB10 via my Classic as my daily driver and why the other devices I tote around with varying OS ecosystems have yet to rise above their respective second string positions in which I have them assembled... I prefer as well as value a well-constructed native experience with all the 'essentials' baked into my device's OS over an army of well-oiled apps... The least amount of permissions and downloads I have to make the better in my opinion... BlackBerry's propriety OSes have always gotten that while the other OS's build a minimum and send you to their app store where "there's an app for that", passing the buck to someone else... I prefer a robust native experience that is integrated into the OS over having to allow yet another app full run of my device simply to achieve a basic task such as file management (which BlackBerry has now seemed to finally address in their updates to come) and a decent Memo/Remember app...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 04-24-16 at 09:07 AM.
    04-24-16 08:05 AM
    Your notes should be there. Don't bother with the BlackBerry Notes app. It's literally useless.
    I disagree... It's "useless" if you intend on syncing your notes cross platform and/or sending your notes to each and every tech device you own... It's NOT useless if you simply keep your most pertinent notes to your primary device and wish only to carry over the notes to your next primary device... I, personally, don't sync all my information across all my devices and use Memo/Remember specifically for notes I wish to keep to myself... Solely locked away on a device itself... There are better ways to transfer the things that need to be transferred, but when it comes to personal "post-it" type things that one jots down simply for their eyes only, that type of unilateral syncing and pliability are simply NOT desired...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 08:13 AM
    I agree with you OP. Note security is one of the most important security demand. From Remember to Evernote is a downgrade in feature set and security. I don't mind to pay for BlackBerry Remember app.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    zodmode247 likes this.
    04-24-16 08:15 AM
    when you flag a email it ends up in the remember app no other app does that

Posted via blackberry priv
    CivilDissident and Lawmen23 like this.
    04-24-16 08:38 AM
    I disagree... It's "useless" if you intend on syncing your notes cross platform and/or sending your notes to each and every tech device you own... It's NOT useless if you simply keep your most pertinent notes to your primary device and wish only to carry over the notes to your next primary device... I, personally, don't sync all my information across all my devices and use Memo/Remember specifically for notes I wish to keep to myself... Solely locked away on a device itself... There are better ways to transfer the things that need to be transferred, but when it comes to personal "post-it" type things that one jots down simply for their eyes only, that type of unilateral syncing and pliability are simply NOT desired...

Posted via CB10
    Even for local storage, the app is beyond basic. It's useless.

04-24-16 08:55 AM
    Even for local storage, the app is beyond basic. It's useless.

Boils down to preference... One man's "useless" is another woman's "valuable"... Basic and low tech > premium and high tech... Today especially... Just depends who you are and what you require...

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 09:05 AM
    I also was an avid user of Remember but it did have it's shortcomings. Since moving to the Priv, I'm now using Informant for Android. Tasks, Notes and Calender all in one.

04-24-16 11:48 AM
    Scamp JC couldn't remember how to use it...

04-24-16 03:05 PM
    EverNote and OneNote do not have the same local abilities that Remember has / had because neither make/made use of BlackBerry's PIM; in particular, Remember 's integration with HUB and all other BlackBerry apps. With BlackBerry Services on PRIV however, it may be something that we see in the future.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    Omahahaha likes this.
    04-24-16 04:12 PM
    The intregation comes in the edge extra screen. How could you get disappointed when what your asking is a collage diary. Keep your other phone if you want to have nestalgia of when you organized a trip to yogurt. Ill stick with my high capacity fullscreen android device that has the playstore?!! You can go live in your nostalgia.
    04-24-16 04:23 PM
    Wunderlist

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 04:26 PM
    when you flag a email it ends up in the remember app no other app does that

Posted via blackberry priv
    Used that feature a lot in Passport but this doesn't work in Priv unfortunately.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ρяιν ���
    04-24-16 05:08 PM
    Let them first fix and optimise the OS. The apps for now are place holders and basic. That's how it was in BB10.

Either ways, none of the Android big guns have something like BB10 Remember app. I'm sure it will come with an update some time later.

��� вℓα�квєяяу ρяιν ���
    04-24-16 05:18 PM
58 123