My wifi signal is poor in my sitting room where I have a Devolo DLAN 500 for my smart TV.
    To access the internet on my PRIV from the same sitting room location I believe that I need a cable with a male ethernet for the DLAN and a male mini HDMI for the PRIV!
    Or is there another simpler solution to get access to the internet where the wifi signal strength is inadequate?
    01-20-17 05:36 AM
    You can't connect Internet wires to smartphones. They don't have Internet ports.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-20-17 06:08 AM
    My wifi signal is poor in my sitting room where I have a Devolo DLAN 500 for my smart TV.
    To access the internet on my PRIV from the same sitting room location I believe that I need a cable with a male ethernet for the DLAN and a male mini HDMI for the PRIV!
    Or is there another simpler solution to get access to the internet where the wifi signal strength is inadequate?
    I don't know much about the subject but aren't there "repeaters" or "access points" that can rebroadcast the signal?
    Mirko935 likes this.
    01-20-17 08:53 AM
    Yes. A repeater (or range extender) is bound to help in a situation like this. Most major router manufacturers also make range extenders. While it doesn't have to be the same brand as the router, some people may find that approach simpler (it certainly helps cut down on the back-and-forth between various companies' tech support centers!).
    FF22 likes this.
    01-20-17 02:40 PM
    WiFi extenders. You didn't mention which submodel of DLAN 500 you have, but according to the manufacturer's website there are some that have WiFi capabilities. If yours is Ethernet only you'd need a different powerline adapter, or a separate extender.

I personally use an old router with DD-WRT on it as a WiFi extender, but that might not be available for some.
    01-20-17 02:54 PM
    There are OTG adapters that should work. I just got one and it works flawlessly on my Passport, but it doesn't on my Priv or DTEK50. I am trying to figure out what's wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JPD404; 02-14-17 at 10:50 AM.
    01-23-17 05:10 PM